FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1795782-wailea-beach-marriott-resort-spa-maui-hawaii-master-thread.html)

socrates May 1, 2003 6:01 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by [email protected]:
i will be staying at the wailea marriott for a few days at the begining of august.
prior to that i will be staying at the wailea renaissance at the begining of the trip. I have a few questions ??

are the hotels near each other ??
will it be easy to move the luggage from one to the other ??

are they easy to get to from ogg airport ??

any recent stays at either and thoughts ??

thanks,

</font>
Hotels are very close to each other (just down the street)
Easy to move luggage-depends on what you tip the bellman; otherwise not sure
Hotels are very easy to get to from OGG; about a 15-20 min drive

[email protected] May 1, 2003 7:14 pm

I THINK THE REN WILL BE NICER FOR MY WIFE AND I AND THE MARRIOTT WILL BE NICER FOR THE KIDS ! I think it will give the vacation a little bit for everyone !

Are the hotels equally as nice ??

What can I expect in terms of platinum upgrades or services ??

thanks

scott

[email protected] May 1, 2003 7:29 pm

wailea marriott/renaissance

Does anyone have the e-mail address of the hotel general managers for either of these properties ??

any insight as to platinum upgrades or benefits ???

thanks

socrates May 2, 2003 6:06 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by [email protected]:
I THINK THE REN WILL BE NICER FOR MY WIFE AND I AND THE MARRIOTT WILL BE NICER FOR THE KIDS ! I think it will give the vacation a little bit for everyone !

Are the hotels equally as nice ??

What can I expect in terms of platinum upgrades or services ??

thanks

scott
</font>
I've driven past the Marriott but this was last summer before the flag change and really couldnt say much about it but I love the Renaissance because of it's smaller size compared to the MHRS Maui Resort

socrates May 2, 2003 6:10 am

Does anyone have the e-mail address of the hotel general managers for either of these properties ??

any insight as to platinum upgrades or benefits ???

thanks
</font>
Renaissance is Chris Tatum [email protected]

Marriott is
[email protected]

[email protected] May 2, 2003 11:13 am

thanks

soc

[email protected] May 5, 2003 1:40 pm

wailea marriott/renaissance

i think i have narrowed this down to 8 ngihts in wailea. it's a family of 4 two kids ( 8/5 ). Which property would be the best/nicest/most fun/ most renovated / up to date ??

any recent stays ?? are they actually on the beach ??? ideas of things to do with the kids in wailea ??

thanks

[email protected] May 6, 2003 5:54 pm

BUMP

socrates May 7, 2003 6:16 am

i think i have narrowed this down to 8 ngihts in wailea. it's a family of 4 two kids ( 8/5 ). Which property would be the best/nicest/most fun/ most renovated / up to date ??

any recent stays ?? are they actually on the beach ??? ideas of things to do with the kids in wailea ??

thanks
</font>
They are both on the beach...unfortunately my last stay at the Ren was 5 years ago and I've never even been in the lobby of the Marriott so I can't speak about it...also was on my Honeymoon so I didn't pay attention to kids programs etc..sorry not much help. On the other hand the MHRS on Kaanapali Beach is very kid friendly...blew up their pool and re-did it complete with Kids Pirate Ship (Water Slide)

[email protected] May 7, 2003 7:56 am

NO AVAILABILITY THE WEEK THAT I WANT AT THE END OF JULY FOR THE TRAVEL PACKAGE !

ANY PULL ON YOUR END AT THE MAUI PROPERTY ??

THANKS

socrates May 7, 2003 11:13 am

NO AVAILABILITY THE WEEK THAT I WANT AT THE END OF JULY FOR THE TRAVEL PACKAGE !

ANY PULL ON YOUR END AT THE MAUI PROPERTY ??

THANKS
</font>
I wish but unfortunately no

jjansen May 7, 2003 12:13 pm

Actually, there is no beach front in front of the Waliea MArriott. There are beaches at both sides of the hotel but the area in front is rock. Dont let that deter you since the walk is minimal and the rock front is very nice.
Pool is much better at the Wailea Marriott as well. The pool at the Ren is very small. Most room at the Ren are set back from the ocean and it will be just as long of a walk.

Go to www.wizardpub.com and bring up the properties.

http://www.wizardpub.com/maui/mroutriggerwailea.html

http://www.wizardpub.com/maui/mrrenaissance.html

I like the Kaanapali Marriott the best as well. Many times you can get a suite for the same number of points as a regular roo

[email protected] May 12, 2003 12:33 pm

JJANSEN

can you also post what you have for the maui marriott

thanks

Sandra May 18, 2003 1:43 pm

Unless rocks have been rolled in front of the Wailea (Maui) Ren within the last 3 years, there IS a beach in front of this hotel. There are rocks jutting out into the ocean in one area, and lots of people snorkle and dive there. This is a quieter facility than the Kaanapali hotel and is my favorite. The Kaan. Marr has been remodeled recently, and from reading other posts it seems to be the better facility for kids.

tfjim May 22, 2003 12:45 pm

I much, much, much prefer the Renaissance over the old Outrigger. The Renaissance is much more intimate than the Outrigger which feels like a convention hotel to me. The Renaissance has a nice pool and beach area, fantastic lobby, awesome restaurants, etc.