Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Suites Market Center Dallas [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Suites Market Center Dallas [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2004, 2:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA - 1P; Starwood - Platinum
Arrow Sheraton Suites Market Center Dallas [Master Thread]

When I stayed there last October, they said they'd ahve the sweet sleeper beds within a year. I made a reservation for next week and they say they've got them already.

Does anyone know if they really have them?
Old Mar 22, 2004, 6:24 pm

My room seemed to have it during a February 2004 stay.

[This message has been edited by Globehopper (edited Mar 22, 2004).]
Old Mar 22, 2004, 8:36 pm

They definitely have them. I was just there. That was the best part of my stay. They missed the mark on everything else on numerous occasions. I had to beg for compensation (ie Service Promise). Everything ultimately got resolved, but they do not care for elites one bit.

Quick examples: I was walked when my non-elite co-worker (with no status) was not. I was expected to find my own transportation to the Embassy Suites (not walkable) and only offered 500 points. I could go on but I won't bore everybody.

After I talked to the GM, he did his best to make up for his poor staff. I would try again, only once I personally talked with the GM.
Old Jan 28, 2008, 9:37 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold, United 1K
Dallas - Sheraton Suites Market Center

Stayed at the Sheraton Suites at Market Center in Dallas last week. Not a bad hotel, but getting dated and just about to have major renovations, so the club was closed! Platinum upgrade suite was acceptable but just slightly bigger than the regular suites, and peeling wallpaper, old TVs, and thin, worn carpet were giveaways to the age of this hotel.

The location is nice for downtown Dallas (which suffers from a serious shortage of business hotels) just a few stops down the freeway, but there's not much in the neighborhood but other hotels. We ended up at the bar at the Hilton Anatole (across the street) since the Sheraton's was small, bright, slow, and closes at 10. Skip the Sheraton restaurant - though the chef is a nice guy, it's just so-so.

Major warning over the remainder of 2008, though! They're renovating the whole thing, with construction all day long and lots of closed amenities. I'll be at the Doubletree instead for the remainder of my stays in Dallas...
Old Jan 28, 2008, 10:12 am
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
i like this hotel and stay there all the time but you are right it is time for renovation.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 6:39 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pedxing
Major warning over the remainder of 2008, though! They're renovating the whole thing, with construction all day long and lots of closed amenities.
Just had a stay here, was put in one of the new rooms, nice and comfy.

I did arrive late and check out early so did not use the breakfast coupon they provided to me or try the lounge (not that I usually utilize these).

I didn't notice any signs of construction.^
Old Dec 30, 2008, 1:14 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Any recent stays here? Trying to decide between here, the Westin downtown & Sheraton downtown for a stay on NYE. Leaning towards this location based on everything I've read so far.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 8:11 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, UA 1K, DL Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by jw713
Any recent stays here? Trying to decide between here, the Westin downtown & Sheraton downtown for a stay on NYE. Leaning towards this location based on everything I've read so far.
Yep. About 5 months ago. The rooms are big but really dated (though they were slowwwwwwly renovating). The location is nowhere near as nice as the downtown Westin or Sheraton. Stayed at the Westin 2 weeks ago and got upgraded to a huge corner junior suite. I also liked that it was right on the dart line- a short ride up to Central Market. ^
Old Dec 30, 2008, 9:00 am

Location: SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold:AA Plat, Now retired but previous NWA PLAT 2 Million +, United 1K plus etc etc
Stayed here 2 weeks ago. Must have recevied a renovated room since it was great. 2 new flat screen TV's, new bed and beddings, large bottle of water, great view of the city.

Stayed because of the rate ($89) and closeness to Texas Stadium (Cowboys Game).

Stayed at the same hotel 9 months ago and it was terrible, very old and run down. Finally gave it another chance and it was very acceptable. Would stay there again. FYI I didn't hear or see any construction going on but I was there on a weekend.

Have stayed at the Downtown Sheraton and Westin in the past month. Avoid the DT Sheraton, its dirty and rundown. The Downtown Westin was great but there isn't much around it.

Bigshaker
Old Dec 4, 2009, 2:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
Any recent stays at this property? Is there a charge for parking?
Old Dec 4, 2009, 3:42 pm

Programs: STARWOOD PLAT, LT GOLD,WN A-LIST PREFERRED, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE
Stayed over the summer. Rooms were Nice. Best I can recall there was not a charge for parking. That might have been becasue of my Plat status but I do not think so because the Lot is open. Rate was also very reasonable approx $89
Old Dec 4, 2009, 7:37 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
the last year are two there has been a charge for parking and it is $7.50
Old Dec 6, 2009, 2:01 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
I did stay here last year for NYE. Very nice rooms, good location, got a free shuttle back & forth downtown to the old red courthouse. I don't remember if there was a charge for parking (I think there was a small charge). I'd definitely stay there again.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 8:47 am

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
I stayed here over the very busy Texas-OU game weekend and had a great stay. They offer a buffet breakfast for platinums on the weekend when the club is closed which was a nice touch. I had 3 rooms total booked for some of my family and they provided breakfast coupons for everyone. Parking is $7.50/night and they were offering local shuttle service (I'm not sure if they always have the shuttle because I always have a car and have never looked into it).

I've stayed here a bunch on business and the service is always very consistent. Check-in was kind of slow this time, but I was prepared. I just wish places would use the platinum check-in line when they get busy. Other than that though everything was smooth.

The rooms are pretty standard sheraton (the renovations were before the most recent modern style ones). The beds are comfy, and the rates are usually pretty good. Also 3,000 points for a free night is a real steal when there are big events in town.

One funny thing happened while I was checking in which I thought was handled pretty well by the FD agent. Another platinum member came up while I was being helped asking for dinner coupons since the club was closed and the FD agent said that they do breakfast coupons, but not dinner coupons. The guys then got a little rude saying that he just got off the phone with Sheraton and they told him dinner coupons would be provided and why would they lie to him. Politely, the FD agent said that he'd worked there for the past 2 years and they haven't done that since he's been there and apologized if he was given incorrect information. The man then stormed away.

I've never received dinner coupons, and it seemed to me that the guy was making the whole thing up to try to get a freebie. But who knows, I've been told some crazy things by customer service, so I guess it's possible.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
I stayed here last week, midweek. The offerings in the lounge upstairs for breakfast was meager. As for the $7.50 parking. They waved it for this gold.
The clerk said 'don't worry about it'.

Free computers in the lobby.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.