FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Suites Market Center Dallas [Master Thread]
Old Oct 18, 2010, 8:47 am
spgplat21

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
I stayed here over the very busy Texas-OU game weekend and had a great stay. They offer a buffet breakfast for platinums on the weekend when the club is closed which was a nice touch. I had 3 rooms total booked for some of my family and they provided breakfast coupons for everyone. Parking is $7.50/night and they were offering local shuttle service (I'm not sure if they always have the shuttle because I always have a car and have never looked into it).

I've stayed here a bunch on business and the service is always very consistent. Check-in was kind of slow this time, but I was prepared. I just wish places would use the platinum check-in line when they get busy. Other than that though everything was smooth.

The rooms are pretty standard sheraton (the renovations were before the most recent modern style ones). The beds are comfy, and the rates are usually pretty good. Also 3,000 points for a free night is a real steal when there are big events in town.

One funny thing happened while I was checking in which I thought was handled pretty well by the FD agent. Another platinum member came up while I was being helped asking for dinner coupons since the club was closed and the FD agent said that they do breakfast coupons, but not dinner coupons. The guys then got a little rude saying that he just got off the phone with Sheraton and they told him dinner coupons would be provided and why would they lie to him. Politely, the FD agent said that he'd worked there for the past 2 years and they haven't done that since he's been there and apologized if he was given incorrect information. The man then stormed away.

I've never received dinner coupons, and it seemed to me that the guy was making the whole thing up to try to get a freebie. But who knows, I've been told some crazy things by customer service, so I guess it's possible.