Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Bayshore Vancouver [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 16, 2019, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Westin Bayshore Vancouver [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2011, 11:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by KSA_USA
i got a very large suite in the main building.
Nice. They put us in a basic room in the tower last week. But we've got 3 more stays coming up in the next few months, so we'll see what they do for repeat customers...

Originally Posted by illico
the walk there is very pleasant (down W. Georgia st.).
It depends where you're coming from, but from Canada Place or the Convention Center, you can walk right along the shore.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Originally Posted by illico
the walk there is very pleasant (down W. Georgia st.).
It depends where you're coming from, but from Canada Place or the Convention Center, you can walk right along the shore.
Come to think of it I walked down Robson...
Old Jun 24, 2011, 9:52 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, MVP Gold 75K, HH Gold
Does anyone have an email address for the GM, Jean Luc Barone? Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 6:24 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, Delta PM, *wood Ambassador Plat, Marriott Self-Imposed Exile
Trip Report

Staying here for 6 nights on points in a tower room (renovated)... the property itself is beautiful. fantastic location. great views. concierge staff is excellent.

and now i have run out of nice things to say.

the property is sold out b/c of a wide range of random conferences... they are not staffed properly, the phones have not been answered prior to the 10th ring, yesterday my milk from the coffee was left in my room for over 10 hours which is gross... calling the hotel bar "dated" is very generous and to top it all off, they are doing construction and there was no special circumstances on the website. (they are power washing, refacing, painting the exterior walls, so we have been asked to not open the balcony doors)

little peeved about the whole situation b/c i originally was staying at Westin Downtown... changed to here based on some recos... paid more in points b/c of availability and i'm just not impressed

if you want a water view... great. if you don't care -- go somewhere else.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 7:53 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by boston aa flyer
Staying here for 6 nights on points in a tower room (renovated)...
We'll be there Saturday night (prior to one of the "random conferences").
Old Aug 5, 2011, 12:31 am

Trip report: stayed here this past week and had more problems with this hotel than any other Westin i have been to.

1. drove to the front entrance, none of the bell men & valet bothered to ask me if I needed any help. They were just standing around. I waited 5 min, and had to get out of the car and asked them if they could park my car so I can check in or at least tell me where I can self-park. This obviously did not bode well for the rest of the day.
2. front desk has a line for Gold/Plat member, but no one staffed this line. Waited with everyone else.
3. hotel is going through some renovation, i.e. keep your window closed during the day. Balcony is dirty, dusty, bird poops all over.
4. random phone charge showed up on the folio
5. rude lady at the check in counter for one of the cruises. To be fair, I don't know if she was working for the hotel or for the cruise.
6. the bar on the harbor is quite loud at night. Even with the window closed, you can still hear everything.

The view is amazing, but I knew that coming in. The concierge is good.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 7:35 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, Delta PM, *wood Ambassador Plat, Marriott Self-Imposed Exile
We'll be there Saturday night (prior to one of the "random conferences").
hope you're not offended... "random" only in the sense that one is a conference of american/canadian dentists, one seems to be some trans-pac MBA program and even googling the acronym of another didnt help me find an answer.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 8:04 am

hope you're not offended...
Not at all.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 5:50 pm

hope you're not offended... "random" only in the sense that one is a conference of american/canadian dentists, one seems to be some trans-pac MBA program and even googling the acronym of another didnt help me find an answer.
Picking up on the can't beat 'em, join 'em philosophy, I once got so irritated with an in-your-face convention (at a different Westin), my wife and I got dressed up, sauntered into their 'shrimp & champagne' evening cocktail party, and had a wonderful beach-side dinner, all compliments of the American Association of Something or Other...

Cheers,
Old Nov 8, 2011, 10:13 pm

Programs: United GS MM, Hilton LT Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
Any recent experiences with this hotel? I'm debating this location and the Westin Grand for a stay in late November.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by JLSocks
Any recent experiences with this hotel? I'm debating this location and the Westin Grand for a stay in late November.
Either one is nice. The view at the Bayshore is nicer, though the Westin location is arguably better, and of course a suite is guaranteed.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 6:38 am

Either one is nice. The view at the Bayshore is nicer, though the Westin location is arguably better, and of course a suite is guaranteed.
Agreed. Although, to be clear, they are both Westins. There is also a nice Sheraton, sort of mid-way between the two, with a nice lounge and worth checking out as well.

Cheers,
Old Nov 9, 2011, 8:32 am

Programs: AA Ex-Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
I stayed here for a Sunday night recently.

Checked in and was "upgraded" to a room with a balcony in the West Tower.
Room wasn't anything great and the balcony was probably 12 inches wide. At least I could stand on it and watch the sea planes take off. Speaking of which, if you don't like to wake up early, don't get the north facing view. The planes are quite loud.

The hotel itself was very nice. Didn't use the gym or anything. The room had a small fridge.

Valet Parking is a ridiculous $41 and self $36. There is a lot across the street from the Self-Park lot that is $19 for each 24 hours if you pay for it over the phone.

I liked the location, if you don't mind walking it's not too bad a walk up Robson or down to the Gaslight district. The area around the hotel is much more pleasant than the other Westin, but the Plat perks are kinda weak here.

Rich
Old Nov 9, 2011, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by Flews
There is also a nice Sheraton, sort of mid-way between the two, with a nice lounge and worth checking out as well.
The Sheraton is actually our property of choice in Vancouver these days. We'll be there for New Year's Eve.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 11:20 pm

Programs: MAR Lifetime Platinum, Delta Plat., IHG Spire Amb., Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Does Westin Bayshore do breakfast for plats or do they have a club lounge? I'm a plat and would be interested in a comparison between it and the Sheraton and the Westin Grand regarding which does most for plats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.