Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Media Jakarta [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Media Jakarta [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2011, 9:07 am

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
It isn't that bad

I needed a place to stay in Jakarta for 2 nights before heading to Bali. There are no HHonors properties in Jakarta. I decided to resume my SPG card. It was suspended and zeroed due to inactivity for several years. I enabled it prior my trip to Indonesia. Sheraton Media Jakarta was my first SPG stay after quite a while.

I explored different options and decided to keep budget reasonably low in Jakarta. Mulia and other well known luxury hotels were more than $200++ per night. Sheraton Media was running a very nice promo - tower room with access to the tower lounge and a spa treatment for two at the cost of $130++ per night.

The good:
  • Price/performance of this particular offer
  • Good view of Jakarta city from the room and the lounge
  • Nice and relatively cheap dim sum all you can eat buffet (weekends only)
  • Good massage in spa
  • Good cooked breakfast with no yelling people around in the lounge
  • Good evening snacks including coconut shrimp
  • Reasonable Australian sparkling and red wines
  • Free in-room bottles of water

The bad:
  • Outside noise was very noticeable, even at the 17th floor
  • Old mattress and odd blankets

I wouldn't hesitate to come back to the hotel if the price/performance would be good. Jakarta is not one the nicest/cleanest cities in the world but the hotel itself was pretty much ok.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 3:03 am

http://www.dealkeren.com/jakarta/?utm_source=fanpage&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=2 9092011_special-sept%40jakarta%40d

Classic Room and buffet breakfast 595000 IDR
Old Mar 5, 2012, 10:25 pm

Just when I wanted to cut ties with Accor and bank all my stays into SPG comes this spanner in the works. Booked 3 nights (one booking for 2 nights and the other for another night) with this property using Starpoint redemption via spg.com

Upon check in, front staff could not find the reservations and repeatedly asked where I made the booking (travel agent? SPG?) despite me giving her a print out of both bookings, complete with booking number. After a long hassle, staff still could not find the reservations but decided to manually check me in.

When I asked to extend check out time on the third and final night of stay, informed by staff that they could not find my final night reservation and will charge to my credit card the hotel rack rate. Of course, I blew my top, insisted they check online there and then for my reservation. Within minutes both bookings were found.

Was informed the next day that apparently spg.com did not send reservations to the hotel. Unable to fathom why staff did not check with SPG earlier, until I made a formal complaint. They had 3 days to check on it.

There was another twist to the story - during check out, staff tried to bill for a big bottle of unconsumed mineral water. Noticed only one bottle of mineral water on table on first night, then miraculously 2 bottles appeared on subsequent nights. Scam?? I genuinely wish to believe not! During check out, met another guest who was frantically trying to logon into spg.com to find his reservation. He told me hotel could not find his reservation too!

The only good I can think of is its location near Java Jazz festival site - JiEXPO. A little bird told me that Stevie Wonder, the top act for this year's festival, stayed here too...

However, I never felt so unwanted and unwelcomed by any hotel, anywhere.

Last edited by kenyalang69; Mar 5, 2012 at 10:47 pm
Old Mar 5, 2012, 11:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by kenyalang69
However, I never felt so unwanted and unwelcomed by any hotel, anywhere.
i agree completely....i felt the exact same way on my last stay here....
Old Apr 20, 2012, 6:11 pm

Leaving Starwood - May 31

Leaving Starwood on May 31, 2012

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sherat...propertyID=297
Old Apr 20, 2012, 10:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
i'll never forget this place... treated me like ROYALTY last summer and even gave me a free courtesy drive to the Le Meridien Jakarta AND pick up back to Sheraton Media the next day (I was stay hopping). The Sheraton Media took care of me by giving me a free transfer to the airport as well.

I was given a huge suite upgrade that was fit for royalty as a SPG Platinum member:

Checked into the Sheraton Media Hotel Jakarta, view of the living room in my suite

http://twitpic.com/6i6vuv

View of the foyer and the minibar on the right

http://twitpic.com/6i6vzb

Welcome Amenity

http://twitpic.com/6i6wem

View of the king bed in the bedroom

http://twitpic.com/6i6wl3

I know its irrelevant now, but I stayed at this hotel on an award night for 2,000 starpoints
Old Apr 22, 2012, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by James Luckard
good riddance....
Old Apr 22, 2012, 4:51 am

Programs: SKF, ROP, SPG, SL Golden Circle, Hyatt Gold Passport, Marriot
Originally Posted by Keyser
good riddance....
While this hotel quality is nothing to shout about, it's a Cat 1 hotel with cheap rate. Good for mattress run, and it's an extra choice when one needs to stay at the city north.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dendrite
While this hotel quality is nothing to shout about, it's a Cat 1 hotel with cheap rate. Good for mattress run, and it's an extra choice when one needs to stay at the city north.
fair enough....but after my last stay at this property i would never want to stay here again....
Old May 29, 2012, 6:55 am

Programs: Accor+ Platinum, SPG Plat, GFF Plat.
i try to booking here for this weekend, this cheap, only 66$ but when i notice this hotel will leave sheraton, i cancel my booking. i just stay here for spg night. if not for night, i will better chose another hotel like ibis slipi.
Old May 29, 2012, 8:51 am

Programs: *wood & marriott plat, Hyatt, Accor
There goes the last Cat1 hotel in Jakarta.
Old May 30, 2012, 1:45 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Stayed there 2 weeks ago, for one night on a mattress run and I prefer the Meridien... first because of location, second because of service and rooms.

It's not a bad thing that they leave Starwood but indeed, it's a loss of a cheap option in Jakarta where new hotels seems to be jacking up the prices like it's no one's business...

The new Keraton is at $299++ as intro rate... are you serious?! For CGK???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.