Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Media Jakarta [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Media Jakarta [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2010, 8:54 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by saad
the furniture in the room looks old....
Arent the rooms supposed to have been renovated recently ?

Any sweet sleeper and lcd tv ?
Old Jun 15, 2010, 9:29 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Saad i'm sorry to hear about the hotel as I have a one night stay here the end of July. I will report back after.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by mario33

Only the premier rooms (a new category) have been renovated.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah

the room looks ok....no cracks on the walls or anything like that....but the furniture is definitely old....

& no sweet sleeper....atleast not in the room we are in....
Old Jun 15, 2010, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by schley
Saad i'm sorry to hear about the hotel as I have a one night stay here the end of July. I will report back after.
moving to the le méridien tomorrow....will let you know if its a better choice....
Old Jun 15, 2010, 7:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Shangri-La Jade, IHG Platinum, TG Gold
stayed there once last year. and won't stay there ever again. service is really bad and no platinum recognition whatsoever.
in face, the starwood hotels in jakarta are all far below standard.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 7:54 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by meremale
the starwood hotels in jakarta are all far below standard.
The LM is quite decent
Old Jun 15, 2010, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
saad, sorry to hear about the bad experience, but thanks for the update. Looks like nothing's changed at this property over the years.

As for LM, it's not one of the best hotels in Jakarta, but IME is quite adequate.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 3:32 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Shangri-La Jade, IHG Platinum, TG Gold
The LM is quite decent
Quite right. LM is by far, the lesser of three evils.
Just be sure to request for the deluxe rooms in the new tower instead of the superior rooms in the old tower.

Check out my pictures of the superior suite in the old tower :
http://meremalearoundtheworld.blogsp...n-jakarta.html

SPG platinum benefits :
http://meremalearoundtheworld.blogsp...n-jakarta.html
Old Jun 16, 2010, 6:47 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
I reserved a room there once several years ago, at check-in in the Towers lounge
the smell of mildew was so awful that I decided not to stay. I called the Grand Hyatt,
ensured a room was ready, and took a cab over. Total length of stay - less than
1 hour in the lounge.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 6:59 am

checked into this property earlier today....i had initially booked a premier room so i was quite surprised when at check-in they told me i had been upgraded to a premier room....i asked if there were any suites available for upgrade & they said they don't upgrade plats to suites....they finally gave us a tower room, saying that there had been a cancellation a few minutes ago so we were lucky to get that room....

i hate fighting for upgrades so just took the room....i logged onto spg.com when we got to our room....there were more than half a dozen tower rooms available & about 3 different types of suites available as well....

the room looks no bigger than any other room....there is a weird stain on the curtain & another on the bed sheets....i asked for the sheets to be changed & it took them over an hour to do so....the furniture in the room looks old....there is no wifi in the room....just the wired internet....

we were in our rooms late in the afternoon & housekeeping came in....i told them i didn't need anything....when they left i looked for the 'do not disturb' sign but it wasn't in the room....i called down to ask for one & they said they would send one up immediately....after 2 hours when nothing came up, i decided to go down to the lobby & get one myself since i had some other stuff i needed to get done....they said they would get the sign put on my door immediately....

asked the concierge a question about a certain location & he just gave me a blank stare....after a few seconds he said he didn't know where it was....i asked him if he could find out & he nodded, then proceeded to help the person standing behind me....i waited for him to finish & asked again if he could find out....he just said 'sorry'....

tried to get some usd exchanged at the reception....they wouldn't change one $100 bill since it had an ink stain on it....the ink stain was no bigger than a tiny dot....you wouldn't even notice it unless you knew it was there....i told them i would get it changed some where else....they were quite rude during this exchange....

went down to catch a cab next & it took them 20 minutes to get one....we finally got back a few hours later & the 'do not disturb' sign is still not here....

i spend about 200 nights in hotels every year....this is probably one of the first times where i don't feel welcome....the attitude of most of the staff seems strange....i can't quite explain it....

we were initially supposed to stay here for 2 nights but my wife does not want to stay here tomorrow....good thing i have 2 seperate reservations....i'm going to cancel tomorrow's reservation & move to the le méridien after my meeting in the morning....
Wow. Sounds like Cheap Elite should be adding this property to the "list", along with 4-pts Miami Beach and the W Lakeshore Chicago...

Cheers,
Old Jun 16, 2010, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by schley
reporting live from the le méridien....do not stay at the sheraton....switch your stay to the le méridien....much better property, much better location, much better plat recognition, much better everything....
Old Jun 16, 2010, 10:30 am
Suspended

reporting live from the le méridien....do not stay at the sheraton....switch your stay to the le méridien....much better property, much better location, much better plat recognition, much better everything....
I havent had the courage to actually bring myself to stay at the Media. Booked a few times but eventually changed to the LM ...
Old Jun 17, 2010, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I havent had the courage to actually bring myself to stay at the Media. Booked a few times but eventually changed to the LM ...
good call....
Old Jun 17, 2010, 5:56 am

Programs: SKF, ROP, SPG, SL Golden Circle, Hyatt Gold Passport, Marriot
Good judgement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.