Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, Japan, LC [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
As of February 2019 this hotel no longer offers club lounge access to Marriott Platinum and higher guests, even if upgraded to a room category which would otherwise offer lounge access, so lounge access mentioned in older reviews would no longer apply.

The hotel also no longer participates in Suite Night Awards.

Breakfast offering for Platinum and higher is in restaurant, buffet plus made to order eggs.

Expert Review from May 2018 posted to the Luxury Hotels Forum: “Stunning hard product with great concierge and service”
https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...d-service-2620
Print Wikipost

The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, Japan, LC [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2019, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
I'll be at the hotel in half a day or so and I'll confirm. I have an email from them saying I'd have lounge access so I expect them to honor it regardless of policy changes since then.

Also if this is the case, any upgrade will still end up giving you club access since every room that isn't the base Superior/Deluxe has club access.
thanks, nexusCFX, please do report back what you learn. we have a reservation in the spring and lounge access is a big draw for mr kk.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by karenkay
thanks, nexusCFX, please do report back what you learn. we have a reservation in the spring and lounge access is a big draw for mr kk.
There aren't very many such rooms. I counted just one Premier room on each floor, according to the floor plan and also by looking for the valet closet doors in the hallways. Some of the corners are suites, and there might be a corner room category.

To me, it's important to know in advance, when I make the reservation, whether I'll have lounge access as without lounge access, I would probably stay elsewhere unless the rates at my preferred hotels in this case were much higher.
karenkay likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 2:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Central90210
Free breakfast without forfeiting points.
1000 points? Seriously? Who cares.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 3:56 pm

We're staying there later this year and lounge access is nowhere near a dealbreaker for me. Tokyo is one of the best food cities in the world, no point in wasting calories on food and drink from a lounge IMO.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 4:26 pm

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
I'll be at the hotel in half a day or so and I'll confirm. I have an email from them saying I'd have lounge access so I expect them to honor it regardless of policy changes since then.

Also if this is the case, any upgrade will still end up giving you club access since every room that isn't the base Superior/Deluxe has club access.
It would be great if you could let us know, I have a 7 night stay coming up in 10 days.

Will likely move to the PH if lounge is no longer included, as it was already a close call between the two hotels.
karenkay likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 1:40 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
At check in now. 100% confirmed. No more club lounge. They said this is Marriott’s doing. They weren’t even going to give me it even though I was upgraded to a corner king which is a club level room. I had a print out of the email they sent me before Bonvoy and they ended up giving me it.

Still though, they gave me the corner king that can see Skytree and Tokyo Tower on a seven night stay which is phenomenal.
Tokyoite likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 1:58 am

Programs: Some
At check in now. 100% confirmed. No more club lounge. They said this is Marriott’s doing. They weren’t even going to give me it even though I was upgraded to a corner king which is a club level room. I had a print out of the email they sent me before Bonvoy and they ended up giving me it.

Still though, they gave me the corner king that can see Skytree and Tokyo Tower on a seven night stay which is phenomenal.
Yay, Marriott. I assume we should expect similar to happen to the ‘overgenerous’ former SPG hotels in BKK too before too long then. Yes, the food element was just snacks but there was easily $100+ of value from pre-dinner drinks here at Central Tokyo prices for a couple (including probably the best champagne of any hotel lounge I've ever been to). Sad.
yeunganson and Tokyoite like this.

Last edited by lost_in_translation; Feb 16, 2019 at 8:22 am
Old Feb 16, 2019, 2:02 am

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA

Disappointing. They should really communicate that to Marriott elites who booked ahead of time, instead of ambushing them with this news.

Glad to hear you got a nice upgrade though.
karenkay likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 2:36 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
-SNIP- Read this post for the current breakfast/lounge policies.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30786814-post608.html

Last edited by nexusCFX; Feb 16, 2019 at 2:24 pm
Old Feb 16, 2019, 3:23 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Prince Gallery going down hill now for Elites? Disappointing to read this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 4:06 am

Thumbs down

Very disappointing to read this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 4:11 am
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Originally Posted by Vince Chan
The hotel does not allow Plat and Titanium elite member using club lounge anymore
I invite everyone to post NEGATIVE reviews on TripAdvisor about this issue.

They will probably backpedal the same way Al Maha did for no longer providing full board for reward stays vs cash stays.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 5:07 am

This is all rather disappointing to hear. Have five award nights booked in the beginning of March and was hoping for some decent recognition of status.

Both my travel partner and I have ambassador status and it will be my birthday, so I still have my fingers crossed there will be some recognition.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

By the way. The Bonvoy-branded breakfast vouchers they were going to give me as a plat said continental breakfast, and the check-in person also said continental breakfast. For reference, here is the continental breakfast at Oasis Garden; literally just bread. If this is actually the case, then the hotel really has been gutted for elite members.
Might as well be water and bread. I'm stunned the property would do in Elites like this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 7:43 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
By the way. The Bonvoy-branded breakfast vouchers they were going to give me as a plat said continental breakfast, and the check-in person also said continental breakfast. For reference, here is the continental breakfast at Oasis Garden; literally just bread. If this is actually the case, then the hotel really has been gutted for elite members.
Ouch, that's rough. Between this and my lack of success with a BRG, I think I'm giving up on the PG. I locked in a decent rate for a suite at the Conrad, but I'm eyeing the Andaz as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.