FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, Japan, LC [Master Thread]
Old Feb 16, 2019, 2:22 pm
nexusCFX

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by kaizen7
@nexusCFX,
Does the breakfast for elite benefit really that continental breakfast on the list ?
Would be great if you could update on that as well.

Last month I did stay at the hotel and still got the usual benefit.
Lounge access + buffet breakfast at Oasis Garden, upgrade to corner suite, and still can choose welcome amenity or points
@kaizen7 @MasterGeek @MSPeconomist @Kacee @karenkay @joakgarp @SkiAdcock @rfrost @Aventine

Hi everyone. Sorry for the delay in response, I was ruined by jet lag yesterday. I just spoke with the staff, and the check-in agent I got (whose English was honestly not amazing) was wrong in how they communicated the changes. I'll just outline the actual changes below:

Bonvoy Platinum and higher members do not get club access anymore. It seems this holds even if they're upgraded to a higher category room that would normally include club access, as they were not going to give me it until I showed my email from December confirming I would get club access purely for being a Platinum member.

Platinum members do get breakfast. Now, while the vouchers Marriott ships out do say "continental breakfast", this is word for word what was said to me.
"At some hotels, NOT this hotel, they may only give continental breakfast. Here you can choose to have the buffet."