Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, Japan, LC [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
As of February 2019 this hotel no longer offers club lounge access to Marriott Platinum and higher guests, even if upgraded to a room category which would otherwise offer lounge access, so lounge access mentioned in older reviews would no longer apply.

The hotel also no longer participates in Suite Night Awards.

Breakfast offering for Platinum and higher is in restaurant, buffet plus made to order eggs.

Expert Review from May 2018 posted to the Luxury Hotels Forum: “Stunning hard product with great concierge and service”
https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...d-service-2620
Print Wikipost

The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, Japan, LC [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2019, 12:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Do you expect the higher floor to be much different? The hotel only has rooms on about five floors.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 12:49 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Do you expect the higher floor to be much different? The hotel only has rooms on about five floors.
Seven floors (30-36). And there is a difference, even from one floor to another. The views are definitely better from 35 or 36 than they are from 30.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 1:09 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Kacee
Seven floors (30-36). And there is a difference, even from one floor to another. The views are definitely better from 35 or 36 than they are from 30.
Basically what Kacee said. It's not a lot of floors but for Tokyo Tower in particular it actually makes a difference. It was significantly more visible from the lobby compared to my rooms on the 30th floor in the southeast and southwest corners.

Of course to be clear, I am ecstatic about the upgrade regardless of what floor it's on.
Kacee likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 1:21 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
It's not a lot of floors but for Tokyo Tower in particular it actually makes a difference. It was significantly more visible from the lobby compared to my rooms on the 30th floor in the southeast and southwest corners.
I was on 35, two rooms from the southwest corner, and the Tokyo Tower view was much better than it was from the lounge on 34 (which is in the middle of the floor).
nexusCFX likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 6:25 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
I wouldn't call that service recovery, just good service. But congrats on getting a good view.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 8:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by kaizen7
I got that corner room that facing Fuji and Tokyo Tower on my last stay.
Amazing view!
i got this corner too. Also saw the olympic stadium that being built.

Last edited by 3rdworldresident; Apr 13, 2019 at 8:38 pm
Old Apr 17, 2019, 1:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
It seems that the only way to book a Kioi Suite is through the Prince Japanese language website.

Marriott site never shows availability on any date.

Prince English website just forwards you to Marriott for booking.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 4:41 am

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Originally Posted by hailstorm
It seems that the only way to book a Kioi Suite is through the Prince Japanese language website.

Marriott site never shows availability on any date.

Prince English website just forwards you to Marriott for booking.
They’re just booked. I can find Kioi suite availability (for example, July 2-3).
Old Apr 17, 2019, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Dave510

They’re just booked. I can find Kioi suite availability (for example, July 2-3).
No, they're not booked.

May 15-16. No Kioi Suite on Marriott site, but the 紀尾井スイートルーム is available from the Japanese Prince reservation site.
cur likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 6:37 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by hailstorm
No, they're not booked.

May 15-16. No Kioi Suite on Marriott site, but the 紀尾井スイートルーム is available from the Japanese Prince reservation site.
The inventory between Marriott and OTAs and Prince at this hotel varies. There are regularly high category rooms not bookable via Marriott but available through OTAs. Example dates June 3 - 7. No suites on Marriott and no Grand Deluxe Premier. I’ve noticed that recently they’ve been messing around with it too. In the past, every room except for the Prince Gallery Suite has shown up on Marriott.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 7:34 am

The inventory between Marriott and OTAs and Prince at this hotel varies.
Marriott just has inventory display issues, period. It often varies between the app and website and will fluctuate from search to search for no apparent reason. Particularly true with the premium rooms.
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 8:44 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

The inventory between Marriott and OTAs and Prince at this hotel varies. There are regularly high category rooms not bookable via Marriott but available through OTAs. Example dates June 3 - 7. No suites on Marriott and no Grand Deluxe Premier. I’ve noticed that recently they’ve been messing around with it too. In the past, every room except for the Prince Gallery Suite has shown up on Marriott.
AH, that would explain how I was upgraded (to a large premium deluxe (?) room with a view of Tokyo Tower, but not a corner) despite the higher room categories consistently not being available for my dates on the Starriott website.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Marriott just has inventory display issues, period. It often varies between the app and website and will fluctuate from search to search for no apparent reason. Particularly true with the premium rooms.
That is true but in this case the rooms legitimately are not reservable through Marriott. Both Prince properties don't maintain the same inventory between Marriott and Prince and the OTAs. You also won't see any changes on the Marriott side to details like guest count, room type, etc if they're updated by the property. According to their reservation agents it's because their systems are not synchronized. My booking in June that they updated to the corner room still says deluxe room on Marriott.

AH, that would explain how I was upgraded (to a large premium deluxe (?) room with a view of Tokyo Tower, but not a corner) despite the higher room categories consistently not being available for my dates on the Starriott website.
Yup.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 9:27 am

I noticed a similar issue for the RC Berlin. One day every normal category of room was bookable. Then the only room available through Marriott for a normal reservation was a 15,000 euro suite (which I'd never seen before), other rooms were only listed in the promo or prepaid tab and almost everything (other than the suite) was available through OTAs. Over the next few weeks room types would be available or not or in one category or the other, seemingly at random. This started a month or two out from the dates I wanted.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Pro, Marriott Platinum, Sonesta Preferred
Can one of you confirm that the email for the concierge is still [email protected]? I need to get 3 tix for the Ghibli Museum in Aug. The purchasing mechanism for that museum is way too complicated (i.e., book through some kind of japanese site and that it only opens up on the 10th of each month for the following month and that the online tix sells out within minutes.). I read somewhere that a local japanese person can easily go to a Loppi machine at a Lawson store in Tokyo and get the ticket. So I was hoping that the concierge could help me to do that ahead of time.

Thoughts?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.