Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points Eastham Cape Cod [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points Eastham Cape Cod [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2013, 5:40 am

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Just did another one-night stay at this property - my third in the last four years.

This was the first time that I was not upgraded to one of the (two) suites, but there was a wedding in-house so no complaints. The base room was clean and definitely on the large side for a standard room - there was a king bed, couch, and plenty of room left over. Pretty typical room and not much to say about it that hasn't already been said.

The staff here is always friendly and I was given free full breakfast for each of the rooms that I booked - a total of four people. The breakfast was of average quality - scrambled eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausage, fruits, cereals, breads, etc. The in-house bar has two good Cape Cod beers on draft and the staff was extremely personable and welcoming

If you're looking for dinner, you can walk to Arnold's - come out of the hotel, turn left, and it's maybe 1000 feet away. The sidewalk is on the opposite side of the street and it can be hard to cross, but with patience it is possible. We had a nice meal at Arnold's and they also had a full bar.

For runners/cyclists/walkers, the rail trail is accessible out the back of the hotel - just follow the signs.

I booked a while back so was able to get hotel for 7,000 pts/nt - a fantastic value at high season. I think that 10,000 pts/nt is still a fair value.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 7:35 am

Programs: AA, WN, BA, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Has anyone stayed here recently?

Reviews have been mixed and my expectations are low, but it really is the only Starwood option for Cape Cod and I have a 25% off award redemption (Gold re-qualifying gift) that is expiring. At 10k a night, it's not very cheap but they don't have much competition and cash prices are not cheap in high season.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 6:58 am

Programs: HHonor Diamond, SPG Plat100, HGP Plat, AF Plat, *A G (A3)
Post How much are you paying?

Just stayed at the property in August, and want to contribute to the FT community. This property's review on the SPG site is catastrophic, but personally I think your level of satisfaction will depend heavily on:

1. how much you pay. I was on a peak week where they charged $325+ and the hotel was still physically sold out... I picked a last-minute deal with a 15% corporate discount, so I'm less critical than most, I guess. (The hotel is selling its rooms at $150 at the moment, I think)

2. the weather. Great weather outside means you stay little in that room.

That said, as the GM put it on the SPG site, the hotel aims at providing "simple comfort" (read: motel with good decor, functional restaurant, but not much more).

Humidity, as many complained, is a fact of life at the Cape. Management seems to be critically aware of the problem to install powerful ventilator in the bathroom. But I think ventilators that noisy have been banned even in China - my neighbors must have been glad when I turned mine off. And I did hear the bathroom ventilators of my neighbors...

(Note the condensation on the window in a warm sunny day)

Areas of improvement in my opinion:
* The AC unit: probably the noisiest I have got to know in my life

* The mattresses: for a hotel renovated not so long ago, the mattresses all have the middle sunk in, probably entertained too many 300lbs guests... The manager was kind enough to let me try out another room, but I found the same problem.

* Stains on furnitures: curious for a family-oriented hotel with that much humidity, the architect did not choose more stain-resistant fabrics...

All in all, I found this property OK if you pay a reasonable rate: house keeping was doing a good job (given the humidity challenge + the bugs keep coming in), everything (pool, breakfast, internet, parking, etc) was working as they should. Just don't expect any luxury, that's it!

One final point: be careful of room types when you book. Inside pool-facing rooms are smaller than outside facing ones, and you can see the difference when you book - pay attention to the room sizes to make sure you get a larger outside (parking) facing room.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 9:15 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Interested to read more recent stays as I am contemplating a trip to the Cape. TIA.

LAX
Old Nov 30, 2020, 6:17 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
6 years between trip reports, so why not speak about our overnighter last week.

Canceled our weeklong Thanksgiving trip to warm and sunny SoCal as we prefer not to Quarantine for 2 weeks or wait in a multi hour long line for testing to return to society, such as it is, so we booked the Eastham 4 Points for the Tuesday night of Thanksgiving week. $109 was the price for most of the rooms, we chose a "corner" room from the list of availables, thinking that maybe it would have an extra window. We called in advance to make sure breakfast was being served for Plats and that the pool was open (8AM to 9PM).

Upon checking in around 2PM we were "upgraded" to a pool view balcony on the second floor. Desk also confirmed that our room had been "defeathered" (I have bad allergies to feather pillows, and that request is in our Bonvoy profile). Lobby was empty and there were two checkin stations open with plexiglass shields. We confirmed bfast time and took our keys up to our room. Room looks exactly like the prior photos. It is spacious, and the balcony is well sized and has 2 chairs on it overlooking the pool. No natural light other than the light from skylights in the pool area filter through your window into your room. All 2nd floor rooms over the pool have balconies. 1st floor have patios reached thru sliders, but they are not private and anyone can walk through the patios.

3 main issues with the property:

1) The HVAC is LOUD, as previously mentioned. I didn't see a fan control, so each time it cycled on and off there were a multitude of clicks and roars of different timbre. Even the white noise machine we take with us couldn't overwhelm those sounds
2) Even with the door to the balcony closed and the HVAC on, the pool noise carries. There were families with kids there (as expected) and the sounds of kids having fun were quite audible until pool closing time
3) I woke up with a terrible sore throat and stuffed nose, and then looked and saw the feathers coming out of the pillows. I know, I really should check this before going to sleep.

On the plus side, Breakfast is advertised as Continental, but the server said we could order pretty much anything on the menu. I had one of their set combos, my wife had a couple eggs and a fruit cup that wasn't on the menu but was easy to arrange. Food met our expectations, server was friendly. Bill with pricing on it was delivered to our table but just "because we need to get it signed", which was fine. Left a generous tip as in the 45 minutes we were there there was only 1 other customer (solo). Servers on the Cape must all be hurting pretty bad based on the lack of visitors.

Enjoyed the pool for awhile until a pair of families arrived without masks, which was our signal to move on. Everyone else was well masked and there was sanitizer in all the public spaces.

We've booked again for an overnight during President's weekend as we expect we won't be able to get much further away then, either. For the price it provides what we needed, and the location is excellent for exploring the outer Cape. Much hiking was enjoyed along the National Seashore and through the many trails on the highlands above the nearby marshes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.