Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points Eastham Cape Cod [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points Eastham Cape Cod [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2009, 8:35 pm

Red face

[post deleted]

Last edited by fred.ritvo; Aug 7, 2012 at 9:23 pm
Old Sep 17, 2009, 6:20 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by fred.ritvo
Fred Ritvo, Guest Services Agent
Four Points by Sheraton Eastham
Questions? Comments?
email: [email protected]
It's great to see participation by a hotel staff member. Thank you for finding FlyerTalk and the conversation about your hotel.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 6:28 pm

I'm still lamenting the loss of the Hyannisport 4Pts.

My only *wood option now is Eastham, although it's quite a hike. And mabff"s experience is not something I would accept as a Plat for $300+.

Cheers,
Old Sep 17, 2009, 6:43 pm

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
It's great to see participation by a hotel staff member. Thank you for finding FlyerTalk and the conversation about your hotel.
I concur with the above! Over many years, we've had a number of very active hotel management members here on Flyertalk and I'd say in every case, their presence here served their properties very well and delighted the FT audience.

Mr. Ritvo, we hope to see more of you around here!^
Old Sep 17, 2009, 6:52 pm

Programs: SPG PLAT/Delta PM/Marriot Gold
I have been staying at this property on and off since the early 80's and I have to say it has come a long way and the renovations came out very nice...

I have always found the staff to be very courteous and responsive if I had a problem....

FV
Old Sep 17, 2009, 7:06 pm

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
Originally Posted by owner1
I have been staying at this property on and off since the early 80's
Then you recall when it was the SHERATON MOTOR INN ! ! !
Old Sep 17, 2009, 10:37 pm

Programs: SPG, Aeroplan, SkyMiles,Avis
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
a dump.

There seriously is no reason I can think of to stay here unless you subscribe to the rediculous notion that one must stay at a property that is part of chain, you can't get anything for cheap and are using points, you need a stay credit.

No clue as to what Plat is, not that it really matters as the property on a whole is not average Four Points IMO.

Do a bit of research on non-chain properties in an area that you are staying, traffic can suck depending upon time of year you are going. You'll be much happier.

I'm all for points, miles etc etc. The Cape and *W properties is an area that one should break from the FT madness and go elsewhere.

Thankfully we only spent one night here.

--
I concur, especially when they put you in a room that has a view on the indoor garden/pool/patio/whatever. Hey we all need some fresh air and in the city where I live, such a thing (room with no outside view) is not legal. Skip that place and go somewhere else. Please.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 7:09 am

Programs: SPG PLAT/Delta PM/Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by sbtinme
Then you recall when it was the SHERATON MOTOR INN ! ! !

To be honest I do remember it being a Sheraton in the 80's but dont recall the Inn part. But I was in my early teens so it was all about the Pool and the little video arcade they had there..... Used to go both in the summer and the winter for the quick getaways with the whole family..

FV
Old Oct 30, 2009, 2:02 pm

[post deleted]

Last edited by fred.ritvo; Aug 7, 2012 at 9:23 pm
Old May 3, 2010, 1:34 pm
Suspended

I plan on spending some time here this summer and I just conversed with both the front desk as well as the GM "Jacqui" and I can advise that they have been quite personable and helpful to yours truly and the GM confirmed that they do comp Platinums breakfast.

Tripadvisor reviews have noted the much improved rooms after the recent renovation.
Old Jul 2, 2010, 2:44 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
I reserved two rooms at this hotel using points - one for me, and one for my in-laws. At check-in we were upgraded to the only two suites in the hotel, each of which has two bedrooms and a living room, and which share a giant balcony overlooking the pool. The balconies are separated by a door which opens, and together seat 20 people.

Each room has a fold-out couch, one bedroom with two doubles, and a second bedroom with a king; thus each of these suites could sleep eight people.

All four of us were given complimentary breakfast on top of this upgrade.

Needless to say, my in-laws were extremely impressed and it made for a great start to our trip (we're only here for one night on our way to a week-long beach rental further up the Cape).
Old Jul 2, 2010, 8:45 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jkm024
I reserved two rooms at this hotel using points - one for me, and one for my in-laws. At check-in we were upgraded to the only two suites in the hotel, each of which has two bedrooms and a living room, and which share a giant balcony overlooking the pool. The balconies are separated by a door which opens, and together seat 20 people.

Each room has a fold-out couch, one bedroom with two doubles, and a second bedroom with a king; thus each of these suites could sleep eight people.

All four of us were given complimentary breakfast on top of this upgrade.

Needless to say, my in-laws were extremely impressed and it made for a great start to our trip (we're only here for one night on our way to a week-long beach rental further up the Cape).
Thanks, JKM -- I happen to be there next week so your post is timely. I doubt if I will get upgraded but it is no problem if not. I did speak to the manager and she advised, as well, that Plats do get free breakfast.
Old Jul 3, 2010, 9:09 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.81 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Glad the post was helpful. Just FYI, breakfast today was buffet only - eggs to order plus bacon, sausage, a "breakfast quesadilla," fresh cut fruit, baked goods, etc. It was certainly more than adequate and was great considering the price.

We've moved on to a house further up the Cape, but certainly enjoyed our night at this property. Very friendly staff to boot.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 2:29 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jkm024
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.81 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Glad the post was helpful. Just FYI, breakfast today was buffet only - eggs to order plus bacon, sausage, a "breakfast quesadilla," fresh cut fruit, baked goods, etc. It was certainly more than adequate and was great considering the price.

We've moved on to a house further up the Cape, but certainly enjoyed our night at this property. Very friendly staff to boot.
Having stayed here twice, I concur with JKM's posts, above.

The people are very nice and the rooms i had were spotless, in fact, the second stay I was blocked into the suite and although it was not ready till 5 PM, I appreciated the fact that when I moved my bags in, I met 2 housekeepers plus the housekeeping supervisor.

As JKM mentioned, there are 2 suites that overlook the pool -- so if you are the curmudgeons who complained about no windows facing outwards -- which I seriouslly doubt, anyway, as my suite had them, as well -- then you need read no further -- but somehow I doubt you will.

Anyway, the suite had 1 King bed bedroom and 1 bedroom with 2 Queens/Fulls. All rooms had flat screen TVs including the living room which was quite large and off of the living room were the bedrooms and the kitchen.

Running from the kitchen like a raiway flat was next a vanity and the shower, which can be closed off from the kitchen by a door, and then another vanity and the toilet, that likewise can be closed off from the vanity/shower by another door.

The suite is fully renovated in a contemporary style and was the last rooms to be renovated.

My first night I was there, I asked for a well-air conditioned room and I was given a handicapped room because I was told it was larger than the normal rooms (suite turned out to be as well) and it was.

The handicapped room also had a couch in it and I was told the bathroom is larger than normal to accommodate a wheelchair. The only thing that I did not like about it was that the toilet was higher than I was used to.

Both rooms a/c was noisy, but that was no biggie for me as I live in an urban environment and it was also a small price to pay to have a really cool room, in any event.

Breakfast as JKM outlined above was comp, with Seattle's Best Coffee and was better than expected. Besides the variety of eggs that could be made to order -- a small sign said that -- the chef said he could make an egg white omelette if you wanted. Breakfast potatoes, Breakfast quesadilla "pie" also came with salsa and hot sauce. Fruit and some pastries, as well.

Now, I was being reimbursed for a conference so I can't advise whether the rate of $225 - $300 is worth it or not, as I don't know what the market bears there during the summer, but I can tell you this -- for 7,000 points as a Category 3, if you want a fix at the Cape -- which I found charming -- one could do much worse than this hotel.

If off season rates plummet, I might take a trip up there, for after all, it does have a large indoor pool and a nice small exercise room which was kept cool.

I give this place thumbs up! ^

Final note -- in the town of Orleans or Brewster is a great chocolate/coffee/ice cream place called the Sparrow.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 10:16 am

Programs: AC down to Orange lol, Marriott Silver?
I checked in at 9pm and tried to request late checkout. I was told I need to check and if I can request something earlier than 4pm. I asked if I can do 3pm late checkout and they made a note and asked if I can call the next day to check.

Called down at 11am as a courtesy and was turned down by a front office staff saying it is not possible since they are not a resort and they had too many late check out already!!! That is not my understanding of the rules and was offered to be transfered to the GM but only got a voicemail.

Tried to call SPG line but could not get an outside line so called down again and a different front office person could not get it either. I asked her to reach them and call me back since the phone is not on the desk but by the bed so I can try to call them on Skype from my computer. In a couple of minutes she called back and said they will honour the late checkout. Even though the front desk said they will inform housekeeping, housekeeping knocked on my door trying to hurry me out.

Not sure if getting the room on points have something to do with the "declined" late checkout. Clean, slightly motel looking with a indoor pool..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.