Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Caresse, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Bodrum, Turkey [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Caresse, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Bodrum, Turkey [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2021, 8:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by escape4
140k points? This hotel is cat 7 so as far as I know, it will not be above 70k points per night which is the peak season rate.
Perhaps they are only offering points upgrade rooms? See that pretty often at higher end properties.
Old May 26, 2022, 4:42 am

Programs: AC 25k, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, National EE
Just spent 5 nights at this property, while not necessarily blown away, I had a great stay and would probably stay again. Some various thoughts:
  • The view: probably the best part of this resort. Amazing views of Aegean Sea no matter where you are in the hotel. The hotel grounds are very well kept too with lush greenery and flowers everywhere.
  • The location: very convenient since you are quite close to the Bodrum city center, useful for going out or grabbing groceries. Taxis are very cheap as well, about $6-7 to get into town.
  • Pool/beach: another strength of this property. Pool is a little calmer but we preferred the vibe/music at the beach, and the ocean water was crystal clear.
  • Breakfast: while not bad by any means, I wasn't really impressed by the offering for a hotel of this price range, which was in the format of a small buffet (you could also order eggs). I actually thought breakfast at the Marriott Izmir lounge was better since they also had an À la carte menu. They had sparkling wine though!
  • Elite recognition: pretty much nonexistent. SNA request was denied 5 days in advance (hotel didn't even seem to be half full, but I could have been unlucky). No welcome amenity or upgrade offered on arrival; although perhaps I have been spoiled by other Bonvoy properties in Turkey
  • Room: great large balcony and electric blindfolds, although my room was starting to show some age (especially the bathroom) which is a pretty bad sign considering how relatively young the property is.

Pics:

EuropeanPete likes this.
Old May 26, 2022, 12:31 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by kovy42
Just spent 5 nights at this property, while not necessarily blown away, I had a great stay and would probably stay again. Some various thoughts:
  • The view: probably the best part of this resort. Amazing views of Aegean Sea no matter where you are in the hotel. The hotel grounds are very well kept too with lush greenery and flowers everywhere.
  • The location: very convenient since you are quite close to the Bodrum city center, useful for going out or grabbing groceries. Taxis are very cheap as well, about $6-7 to get into town.
  • Pool/beach: another strength of this property. Pool is a little calmer but we preferred the vibe/music at the beach, and the ocean water was crystal clear.
  • Breakfast: while not bad by any means, I wasn't really impressed by the offering for a hotel of this price range, which was in the format of a small buffet (you could also order eggs). I actually thought breakfast at the Marriott Izmir lounge was better since they also had an À la carte menu. They had sparkling wine though!
  • Elite recognition: pretty much nonexistent. SNA request was denied 5 days in advance (hotel didn't even seem to be half full, but I could have been unlucky). No welcome amenity or upgrade offered on arrival; although perhaps I have been spoiled by other Bonvoy properties in Turkey
  • Room: great large balcony and electric blindfolds, although my room was starting to show some age (especially the bathroom) which is a pretty bad sign considering how relatively young the property is.
That honestly sounds on-par with my experience at the Careese in October of 2020 as a Titanium who used his SNA. They upgraded us into a Suite with non-existent AC which required us moving to a smaller junior suite which was disappointing and the front desk could have cared less so elite recognition was non-existent. I'm not even sure how everyone else is getting wine and canapes but I absolutely LOVED the hard product and the views of the Aegean sea. I personally think the Marriott in Izmir and Sheraton in Cesme provided better customer service too.
Old Feb 11, 2023, 2:54 pm

Programs: UA GS, Hyatt, Marriott
Any new update for Caresse? How about chance of using SNAs in June?
Old Jun 9, 2023, 3:20 pm

Programs: MyMcDonald's
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
That honestly sounds on-par with my experience at the Careese in October of 2020 as a Titanium who used his SNA. They upgraded us into a Suite with non-existent AC which required us moving to a smaller junior suite which was disappointing and the front desk could have cared less so elite recognition was non-existent. I'm not even sure how everyone else is getting wine and canapes but I absolutely LOVED the hard product and the views of the Aegean sea. I personally think the Marriott in Izmir and Sheraton in Cesme provided better customer service too.
I was also there in October 2020, however I had 0 issues with anything. The hotel (dinner) restaurant was mediocre and extremely overpriced compared to the authentic Turkish restaurants all over the area, but that's to be expected. I thought breakfast was pretty decent and yeah the views were stunning.
Old Jun 9, 2023, 6:02 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by hotcarl69
I was also there in October 2020, however I had 0 issues with anything. The hotel (dinner) restaurant was mediocre and extremely overpriced compared to the authentic Turkish restaurants all over the area, but that's to be expected. I thought breakfast was pretty decent and yeah the views were stunning.
I was more impressed with the affluent crowd of Russian Oligarchs and their Yachts in dock than with the restaurant when I stayed there.
Old Jun 14, 2023, 7:43 pm

Programs: MyMcDonald's
Yeah Turkey is overrun with them, and apparently it's worse now.
Old Sep 9, 2023, 6:10 pm

Planning a trip next summer with 2 small kids, has anyone stayed in one of the rooms with 2 queen beds? I saw reviews that the rooms are small, so I’m wondering if that will be enough for a family of 4. Also what does the platinum complimentary breakfast consist of?
Old Nov 18, 2023, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Does this hotel still have tennis and basketball courts? Are they free to use?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.