Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Caresse, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Bodrum, Turkey [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2015, 8:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)

Category 7 hotel recently opened last July 2015.

Great property and was told platinums are and will be treated well here. Upgraded to their 1 bedroom Suite, directly overlooking the infinity pool. Suite itself is quite big, over 1100+ square feet, with 2 full bathrooms and 2 patio sitting area. Got a bottle of red wine, macaroons, chocolates as a Plat100 benefit compliments from the GM

The view of the room is phenomenal. Waking up to the Aegean Sea every morning and black island.

Prices thankfully are not that extreme. About the same price as in Istanbul. Heard that you can rent a private yacht for 250 euros per hour. Will see how it goes.

Will add more as it's my first day here on a 5 day stay. Btw, rate currently is 150 euros + tax or 35,000 starpoints per night. Pretty good deal..

Reception btw is on the lower grounds of the hotel. So drop off at main entrance and a golf cart will take you down to reception.

Addtnl: I don't know what happened, but the GM just sent me another bottle of wine...

Last edited by supatight80; Oct 3, 2015 at 12:29 pm
Old Oct 3, 2015, 9:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
How far from town is the property?
Old Oct 3, 2015, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
How far from town is the property?
I would assume not too far..just arrived today and haven't explored. But from BJV to hotel took me 36 minutes on Saturday noon. Bodrum I suppose in between Bitez and BJV. I would estimate 10-15 minutes tops?

Cab costs 130 TRY but could get cheaper online for 31 euros.

PS: haven't found a master thread on this property....How we make one?

Btw, it's a pain apparently to get a taxi from property. When I checked in, a couple we're pretty peeved that no taxi was able to come....And they were in a rush to catch their flight
Old Oct 3, 2015, 10:19 am

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by supatight80
haven't found a master thread on this property....How we make one?
You just did.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 2:22 am
Original Poster

Holy cow..this property really goes all out for Platinum guests. Free breakfast. Set menu. Reads everything on your profile, sends 5 bottles of water per day (plat100) request. Having breakfast and guest relations agent came over to ask how was everything...told me things whatever was on my Starwood profile. Quite impressed they took the time to know their individual guests
Old Oct 4, 2015, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by supatight80
Category 7 hotel recently opened last July 2015.

Great property and was told platinums are and will be treated well here. Upgraded to their 1 bedroom Suite, directly overlooking the infinity pool. Suite itself is quite big, over 1100+ square feet, with 2 full bathrooms and 2 patio sitting area. Got a bottle of red wine, macaroons, chocolates as a Plat100 benefit compliments from the GM

The view of the room is phenomenal. Waking up to the Aegean Sea every morning and black island.

Prices thankfully are not that extreme. About the same price as in Istanbul. Heard that you can rent a private yacht for 250 euros per hour. Will see how it goes.

Will add more as it's my first day here on a 5 day stay. Btw, rate currently is 150 euros + tax or 35,000 starpoints per night. Pretty good deal..

Reception btw is on the lower grounds of the hotel. So drop off at main entrance and a golf cart will take you down to reception.

Addtnl: I don't know what happened, but the GM just sent me another bottle of wine...
I assume you mean pretty good deal if paying by cash, right? 35,000 Starpoints for a sub $200 room seems like a terrible deal. That said, enjoy your stay. I enjoyed my time in Bodrum and will probably visit again.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by broadwayblue
I assume you mean pretty good deal if paying by cash, right? 35,000 Starpoints for a sub $200 room seems like a terrible deal. That said, enjoy your stay. I enjoyed my time in Bodrum and will probably visit again.
Yep, pretty good deal 162 euros tax included. I would never use 35k points/night for a 162 euro rate.

Anyways, private yacht is 1300 euros for half day. My bf and I opted the speed boat instead for 500 euros (negotiated) for half day. Normal price is 600 euros.

Top notch service so far from room service/housekeeping/etc. They use the same products as with The Augustine LC Prague which is Elemis Spa toiletry. If I had to suggest something for improvement, front desk needs to be quicker. It took over 30 minutes for front desk to figure out how to work lobby safe. And a guest checking out just left because agent was very new and couldn't figure out how to print folio. And there should be at least 2, not 1 manning the desk.

Anyways everything else is great so far. Just minor issues that will resolve in time when people here become more tenured.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 1:56 pm
Community Director Emerita

Any more stay reports? Does the property continue to take great care of plats? Reviews speak of it being built into a hill with rooms descending down the hill. Does this mean there are lots of steps to get to rooms or is there elevator access?

What is the difference between a Marine Suite and a one bedroom suite? The latter is more expensive. Both are the same size, 1176 sq ft. Is there a location difference? Does anyone have a floor plan that shows the property layout?

The property is now a level 6, so 20K points per night. Has any one found C+P offered here?

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Oct 14, 2016 at 2:02 pm
Old Oct 14, 2016, 3:52 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Any more stay reports? Does the property continue to take great care of plats? Reviews speak of it being built into a hill with rooms descending down the hill. Does this mean there are lots of steps to get to rooms or is there elevator access?

What is the difference between a Marine Suite and a one bedroom suite? The latter is more expensive. Both are the same size, 1176 sq ft. Is there a location difference? Does anyone have a floor plan that shows the property layout?

The property is now a level 6, so 20K points per night. Has any one found C+P offered here?
I'd also be interested in any updates. Somehow, I just discovered this property about a week ago and it's very intriguing.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 9:48 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Is this a new property? The description of it hanging down the hill, with steps down, and the infinity pool sounds like the hotel where I stayed in Bodrum. Mine was fairly close to to some ancient ruins and up above the main town of Bodrum. The town was walkable if you're energetic, but the hill was steep and substantial.

When I stayed, it had a good restaurant for foodies with a pretty good wine list.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 10:17 am

The Marine Suites are situated a bit further away from the reception and restaurants. They look a bit different (wooden floor instead of stone e.g.) and face the sea; while the One BR Suite is in the main building.

Hotel opend just last summer. Very nice design and great setting, but service was slow and could be better trained.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 1:08 pm

Any more reports? Does breakfast continue to be complimentary for platinums?
Old Mar 18, 2017, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Any more reports? Does breakfast continue to be complimentary for platinums?
Im sure breakfast is still compli for Plats especially Turkey's tourism economy isnt that great now.

As for the steep hill, it isnt a problem. Theres an elevator on each floor that brings you down to the beach/Marine Suite.

Also they use that golf car cart or whatever you call it to transport you from gate to hotel.

I still so recommend this place!
Attached Images         
Old Mar 18, 2017, 6:25 pm

Those are glorious pictures. Thank you. Did you do any excursions that you recommend? We plan to go into Bodrum but wonder what else there might be in late spring.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 7:38 pm
Original Poster

Those are glorious pictures. Thank you. Did you do any excursions that you recommend? We plan to go into Bodrum but wonder what else there might be in late spring.
TBH i didnt see much except for the night life (too hungover during the day to want to get out and explore) The food is quite good though in Betiz with lots of options and cheap too.

I really really really would recommend the private half day boat trip. It takes you everywhere and the water is so beautiful!

Perhaps you can negotiate the rate to lower the price. When i was in Bodrum last, Turkeys tourism economy was still doing ok. It was 500 private boat half day way back 2015. Now could be much cheaper

You will definitely enjoy Bodrum/Bitez!
Attached Images     

Last edited by supatight80; Mar 18, 2017 at 7:57 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.