Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points Cologne/CGN/Koln, Germany [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points Cologne/CGN/Koln, Germany [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2004, 11:54 am
In Memoriam: Original Member

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
Kluau88,

Yes, there were 3 bottles of mineral water but I didn't receive the box of chocolates. We just finished touring the chocolate museum for 2 hours so it wasn't a big deal for me not to have them.
Old Nov 27, 2004, 9:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLAT, HYATT PLAT, HH GOLD, AA GOLD, MR GOLD
I stayed there (4pts Cologne) last Nov 2003.

I booked a internet rate (very good price compared to standard rate).

I think I got the closet.

You know the room that when the hotel is sold out and they ONLY HAVE ONE MORE ROOM, that's the room I got. The bathroom was smaller than a 4 bunkbed cabin on a cruise ship bathroom!!!

Much different from the one mentioned earlier in this post.

Breakfast was great, staff treated me very poorly location was perfect.

tasnam
Old Nov 27, 2004, 10:35 pm

Programs: SPG PLT, AA EXP
Originally Posted by tasnam
I stayed there (4pts Cologne) last Nov 2003.

I booked a internet rate (very good price compared to standard rate).

I think I got the closet.

You know the room that when the hotel is sold out and they ONLY HAVE ONE MORE ROOM, that's the room I got. The bathroom was smaller than a 4 bunkbed cabin on a cruise ship bathroom!!!

Much different from the one mentioned earlier in this post.

Breakfast was great, staff treated me very poorly location was perfect.

tasnam
I agree THe hotel was nice, but as a Gold, I was given a room slightly larger than standard (wasn't complaining) but the pictures of the suite above with the huge bathroom just make me laugh. The bathroom I was presented with was big enough to step in, spin around in place and that's it. The sink was 1 step from the tub/shower combo which was one step from the loo. Cramped to say the least.

But, the rooms were clean and the staff was very friendly. The buffet in the morning was fabulous - especially for free.
Old Nov 28, 2004, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by tasnam
...I think I got the closet....
But in a great location!
I remember this hotel is next to the Dom, near Old Town and there is a Koelsch Bier Pub very near.

I have not "stayed" at the Four Points ... but at the Koelsch Pub
BTW, this Koelsch Pubs are the only ones where the waiter brings another Koelsch when you finish one .. until you stop him!
Old Nov 29, 2004, 2:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Stayed both here and the DUS 4 Points after the Duss Doo last year. Got a great room, and internet rate was something really low like 60 Euro on both?

Had an ICE or some kind of fast train to AMS to catch at about 9am and woke up at about 8.45am as alarm did not go off.

I had a REAL fast shower, grabbed bag, signed check at desk and STILL made the platform by 9am, as my train ticket rez and seating was already made. Being THAT close to a large station is fantastic. ^ ^ ^
Old Apr 7, 2005, 10:05 am

Programs: FD silver, PC plat. royal ambassador, SPG gold, HH gold, MR silver
Stayed there once and was pleasantly surprised. The rooms are large and clean with free minibar (4 softdrinks only!). Just realize your staying at a four points and not a 5 star hotel. The breakfast buffet is like in moste German hotels. A large selection of hot and cold dishes. The restaurant menu is not special, but who needs a large menu with so many nice restaurants in town.
The hotel is located behind the station and walking distance from the river rhein and the city centre.
If you're staying in the weekend you might want to check the rates first. They often have rates as low as 50 euro so maybe you should save your points.
Old Apr 7, 2005, 12:17 pm
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

The Four Points in Cologne is a very nice hotel (the exterior does not look as nice as the hotel is) near Cologne Railway Station. The bathrooms are very small, but the rooms are nice, though not always big. If you are Plat. you will get a Suite, if you are only Gold it depends a little bit of the time of your check-In.

I have put a report of my stays and some pictures on my homepage.
which may be helpful.

The hotel offers a T-mobile W-Lan Hot Sport, but ask for a room where it is available. I have had some troubles in the past.

Last edited by FLYGVA; Nov 8, 2007 at 12:17 pm
Old Apr 7, 2005, 1:47 pm

Programs: CO Plat, Starwood Plat
hot spots

The hotel offers a T-mobile W-Lan Hot Sport, but ask for a room where it is available. I have had some troubles in the past.[/QUOTE]

It seems that the rooms in front of the hotel ie the suites don't get good reception.

Sincerely, Greg
Old Apr 7, 2005, 4:50 pm

It was a while ago that I was there, (June 2002, if I remember correctly), but the recognition of status was outstanding. Mind you, I'm a Plat, but still, one of the best hotels for SPG service I've had.

Pete
Old Apr 7, 2005, 5:32 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by pixuk
It was a while ago that I was there, (June 2002, if I remember correctly), but the recognition of status was outstanding. Mind you, I'm a Plat, but still, one of the best hotels for SPG service I've had.

Pete

I agree with this. They recognized my Platinum Starwood Credit Card and got room 400 - a huge suite!! I heard the guy mumbling under his breath, "Nobody told me a Platinum was coming tonight". He never asked my status, and I didn't know what he was talking about until I got to my room.
Old Apr 8, 2005, 10:38 am

Stayed there for two nights last November, this hotel is really much nicer than it looks from the outside. The construction is an inconvenience, but not too bad. Excellent service. As for the rates, they can get pretty high when there's a tradeshow in town, or in Dusseldorf, and points can be a very good value. I used points and it was 200 euro a night.
Old Sep 23, 2005, 7:39 am

Update

As a platinum I booked a room for my parents for one night (9/21) at this property. It came all the way through with an upgrade to a very large suite and a bottle of wine. This was booked with 4000 points. Best bang for the buck as my family finally understands the obsession with points.
Old Sep 23, 2005, 9:34 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

It is truly a nice and very affordable hotel in a location, which hardly could be better. I stay there frequently, a variation of rooms I have had in the past time could be seen on my Homepage, though I am ony Gold and was not able to get an upgrade to a Suite yet.
Old May 22, 2006, 12:15 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, UA Premier, Hilton Gold
Four Points Cologne - Avoid

I booked a 2 night stay at the hotel partly based on this thread and wow, did the place change since last September!!!!

First, there is a major construction going on in front of the hotel, a new subway line is being built. Therefore, if you are unfortunate enough (as I am ) to have a room on the side facing the railroad, prepare for the room to be VERY noisy starting at about 8 AM.

Second, the staff seems to try their best, but aren't too capable. I was promised that I will be moved to a different room in the evening (no quiet rooms were avaliable when I checked it), but when I stopped by in the evening, I was told that all the rooms were taken and that I should have stopped by before 3 PM for a chnace to get moved ( I stopped by at 11 AM first and was told to come back in the evening) .

Third, the Wi-Fi here is a ripoff! 18 euro per 24 hours, and similar amazingly high numbers for 3 and 6 hour periods. Even worse, the signal is very unstable, dropping several times per hour.

Fourth, the elevators are very, very slow. I am now just sticking to the stairs.

I have a 2 night stay booked at this property, but will most likely check out tomorrow (after 1 night). This is the one of the worst Starwood hotels I've ever stayed in (ties with the Sheraton Manhattan for the last place).
Old May 22, 2006, 1:33 pm

Programs: UAL 1K, SPG Plat.
I must say I disagree wih the fact this is the worst four points.. Actually for me as a platinum it is one of my favorite. I always have a two room suite when I go. The breakfast is more than adeqaute and they will even make a latte for you if you ask

I guess I get up to early so I don't notice the noise.. but the staff have always been nice..

and the location could not be better as far as walking to the Cathedral and lots of restaurants..

If anyone has any specific questions let me know I go abotu once a month..

oh if you are drivign keep in mind you may want to call ahead to reserve a spot although there is another garage just down the street near the new Marriott..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.