Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Brussels Airport BRU, Belgium [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 3, 2015, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
Car Free Sunday on September 20, 2015

On September 20, 2015, the 2015 Car Free Sunday will take place in the City of Brussels and throughout the Brussels Region. Car Free Sunday applies to everyone, except taxis, journey buses, assistance services, police and persons with a special permit. Personal vehicles will not be allowed for travel from 9:30am until 7pm. Public transport via STIB and De Lijn will be free on that day. Please contact the hotel for further information.
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Brussels Airport BRU, Belgium [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2016, 2:34 pm

quick stay before the blasts

Right across from the airport terminal (departure level is preferred over the arrival level as signs pointing to hotel are still terrible)

Even though hotel was 50% empty, front-office staff insisted on the phone that they will not give rooms before 3 pm. No idea why they would make such statements because upon arrival at 9 am, lots of people were being given rooms.

Staff at this sheraton was totally unaware of amex business spg benefit of lounge access. (This benefit has been around for months) European distrct office of SPG, simply changed the reservation to club room to bypass non-cooperative hotel staff.

Reviews on this forum have complained about rooms but our club floor room was in excellent shape with nice view of runway used by cargo planes.

Breakfast in restaurant was average (certainly not worth $25-30 they were charging but quite ok when free). It seemed the fresh orange juice squeezer machine was not cleaned for ages or was cleaned with lot of detergents left behind becuase supposedly "fresh" juice tasted awful.

Hotel had some lights out event in the evening but info about it was not easily available.

Club lounge was a huge letdown. Pretty sparse.

Summary: Good airport hotel especially if you are on club floor.
Antonio8069 likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 5:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold; AA Lfe Time PLT ; Marriott Titanium, LFT GLD
Originally Posted by desi
Right across from the airport terminal
This hotel was a favorite of mine because it was so close the departure Check-in .... now rethinking that strategy for several airports.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 10:16 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by nonesuch flyer
This hotel was a favorite of mine because it was so close the departure Check-in .... now rethinking that strategy for several airports.
Security concerns for close proximity to airport terminal?
Old Mar 29, 2016, 5:23 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The property is currently closed and not accepting future reservations either...

Sheraton Brussels Airport Hotel Closure

The Sheraton Brussels Airport Hotel is currently closed.

If you have a reservation please register at the Sheraton Brussels at Place Rogier and we will secure alternative accommodation for you in the city.

The safety and security of our guests and associates is our paramount priority. Following the attacks in Brussels, all Starwood Hotels in Brussels have taken additional steps to further enhance security.

All Starwood Hotels in Brussels are waiving cancellation fees for arrivals up to and including Wednesday March 30th.

If you have a reservation at any of the Starwood Hotels & Resorts worldwide and need assistance please contact our customer services team. The numbers can be found on this link: https://www.starwoodhotels.com/corpo...ort/index.html

Our thoughts and prayers are with all those impacted by these terrible events.
I have 6.45am departure ex BRU on April 13 and dread the thought of staying farther away.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 6:27 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
They are definitely taking reservations again, as I just made one. Anyone stayed here recently? How is food for dinner at the restaurant? Anything else worth knowing? I assume bfast is full buffet free for Plats?
Old Sep 3, 2018, 2:50 pm

Programs: AC-100k, MR LTT
Next summer, we plan to stay four days in Belgium, with Brussels as a stopover point on a larger trip. We are a family of five, with kids ranging between 10 and 16 at time of arrival. In addition to exploring Brussels itself, we'd planned to do a few day trips as well around Belgium. I'm wondering if anyone has used this hotel as a base for exploring and could outline some pros and cons of staying here.

We did the same at AMS a few years ago and it was a great experience for us, with the train station, hotel, grocery store, and arriving/departing flights all in the same spot. The staff service and club lounge were a great bonus. If we could expect the same or similar at Sheraton BRU, it would move close to the top of our list.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 3:19 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum, IHG Platinum, National Executive
Can’t speak to train access, but it’s pretty easy to rent and return a car from there as the hotel and car rental facility share the same space. You cannot beat the ease of access to the airport, literally walk across the street. Central Brussels is about 20 minutes from the airport, without traffic, though during our visit with horrible traffic it took us > 1 hour. That said, overall it seemed like it wouldn’t be that hard.

The hotel itself seemed child friendly, we were traveling with a 16 mos old and were well tolerated in the restaurant. I met another family traveling with their 6 year old. The on-site restaurant is okay, not great. Our room was great and the lounge was great too.
unclepants likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by blackavar
Can’t speak to train access, but it’s pretty easy to rent and return a car from there as the hotel and car rental facility share the same space. You cannot beat the ease of access to the airport, literally walk across the street. Central Brussels is about 20 minutes from the airport, without traffic, though during our visit with horrible traffic it took us > 1 hour. That said, overall it seemed like it wouldn’t be that hard.
Train access? If you oknow how to go to the rental car parking, that is, taking the escalators or elevators down to ground level, back in the terminal building, just go one more floor down. You are at the train station.

Normally I would rather take the train to go downtown, instead of having to deal first with traffic, then parking. Not much point of driving in the city, except maybe with a disabled companion?
Old Mar 8, 2020, 11:16 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
refreshing this thread

I am refreshing this thread after a 3-year hiatus! The club lounge (5th) is again closed...............this time until March 15, 2020. In the interim, the hotel is offering Plats free breakfast in the restaurant (opens at 6 am).
Curiously, the lounge (when it is open) starts brekkie at 7..................IMO kinda late for an airport hotel. When open, the lounge serves hors doeuvres from 6-8 pm (kinda early closing, IMO!) Currently, they serve light snacks in the rest.
The property is indeed right across the street from the terminal. What other FTs have failed to mention is that it is a LONG walk through the terminal from the Schnegen gates to the Sheraton.
The most impressive thing about this property? There is a Jazz Walk of Fame on Level 1, featuring the jazz musicians who have performed over the years @ their Sunday Brunch. There is a long history of black American jazz musicians performing in Belgium - and feeling more welcome than @ "home"in America e.g. John Coltrane, Dave Brubeck. Jazz was considered degenerate music under Hitler.
Why stay here? The only reason I can think of is easy access to the BRU terminal i.e. no shuttle. The Sheraton Fitness is below average. Otherwise, the nearby Courtyard is cheaper!
Old Mar 9, 2020, 7:07 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Thanks for the update.

Originally Posted by Antonio8069
What other FTs have failed to mention is that it is a LONG walk through the terminal from the Schnegen gates to the Sheraton
Other FTers would probably say that it can be a long walk from the Schengen gates to the airport arrivals area. The Sheraton is, by all accounts, only 39 steps further on.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 5:30 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Review : Near the airport, but....

My overall review is not very positive.
We checked in for a one night stay just prior to the lockdown in Spain. Its the closest hotel to BRU. Since we had an early flight to IAD, it seemed to be a solid choice. Boy was I wrong! On check in, we discovered the lounge was closed. Interesting, as most properties disclose this well in advance on their site. Check in was friendly and we made our way to the 5th (SPG) floor. No suite upgrade was disappointing for this Plat. Also, there were no Plat amenities i.e. no bathrobes, no mouthwash, no extra towels. Also, no pool and the fitness area was a joke. Made do for one night + the breakfast in the rest was solid. My biggest disappointment came when I reached out to management. Upgrades depend on availability (the property was empty so that was an excuse!). The reason given for not disclosing the lounge closure was (are you ready for it) because it takes 5 days for Marriott to update its WEB site! No excuse given for the absence of Plat amenities? While I am happy to PM those who want contacts for local management, I am not optomistic about getting a positive response? IMO, they do not care about Plats. If I had to do it again, I would stay at the Courtyard. Its a shuttle ride away, but the property has much better ratings and is much less expensive.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I wouldn't be judging any hotel or service right now based upon how it did or didn't provide my elite benefits. As for much of the world, be happy you had a bed, safe water, and a functioning toilet. The lack of lounge might have saved you an illness. Hotels are closing as we speak, and they're dealing of thousands of cancellations systemwide probably each hour. Updating the website for a closed lounge is low on the priority list during this quite exceptional event.

If you had experienced this horrible, horrible Platinum treatment a month ago, I might have taken note should my travel plans include a BRU airport hotel one day. Today, not so much.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 3:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
My overall review is not very positive.
We checked in for a one night stay just prior to the lockdown in Spain. Its the closest hotel to BRU. Since we had an early flight to IAD, it seemed to be a solid choice. Boy was I wrong! On check in, we discovered the lounge was closed. Interesting, as most properties disclose this well in advance on their site. Check in was friendly and we made our way to the 5th (SPG) floor. No suite upgrade was disappointing for this Plat. Also, there were no Plat amenities i.e. no bathrobes, no mouthwash, no extra towels. Also, no pool and the fitness area was a joke. Made do for one night + the breakfast in the rest was solid. My biggest disappointment came when I reached out to management. Upgrades depend on availability (the property was empty so that was an excuse!). The reason given for not disclosing the lounge closure was (are you ready for it) because it takes 5 days for Marriott to update its WEB site! No excuse given for the absence of Plat amenities? While I am happy to PM those who want contacts for local management, I am not optomistic about getting a positive response? IMO, they do not care about Plats. If I had to do it again, I would stay at the Courtyard. Its a shuttle ride away, but the property has much better ratings and is much less expensive.
i've stayed at this property multiple times & as an ambassador i have only been upgraded to a suite once....i would not expect too many suite upgrades at this property as a plat....also, given the current situation with the coronavirus, i would not blame the properties for not upgrading to suites....the number of staff would be reduced & cleaning of a suite would take more time & effort than cleaning a regular room....

i would not be surprised with the closure of the lounge....i understand marriott has asked all its properties worldwide to shut down their lounges for the time being so i'm glad the properties are taking this measure to stop the spread of the virus....

till this situation is resolved, i would not expect any great service from any hotel....
Old Mar 18, 2020, 4:31 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Upgrades depend on availability (the property was empty so that was an excuse!).
Many hotels have responded to the Covid-19 challenge of low occupancy and absent staff by closing whole floors. The pool of rooms available for upgrades will therefore be very limited.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 12:36 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, LH SEN
Club lounge still closed?

Any recent experiences at this property?

I wonder if the club lounge is still closed. On their "What to Expect in the Age of Covid" section it says "Club lounge is temporarily closed - 3 vouchers offered per day per person". However I think I recently read on their website that the lounge has been opened again - that information seems to have disappeared though...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.