Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Brussels Airport BRU, Belgium [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 3, 2015, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
Car Free Sunday on September 20, 2015

On September 20, 2015, the 2015 Car Free Sunday will take place in the City of Brussels and throughout the Brussels Region. Car Free Sunday applies to everyone, except taxis, journey buses, assistance services, police and persons with a special permit. Personal vehicles will not be allowed for travel from 9:30am until 7pm. Public transport via STIB and De Lijn will be free on that day. Please contact the hotel for further information.
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Brussels Airport BRU, Belgium [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2010, 2:47 pm

Stayed there a few time this year for my morning/noon flight out of BRU. Good bed, quite room, has a club room for breakfast. Most importantly you can walk across the street to the Airport.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 1:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by yosithezet
Anything recent about this property?

I'm debating between flying FRA-BRU in the evening for a 9:45AM flight out of BRU or sleeping in the Sheraton at FRA and flying out at 7:20AM to make the connection to the 9:45AM flight.
i've had a couple of stays at this property this year....its great for catching an early morning flight....you can walk to the property in less than a minute from arrivals....
Old Oct 4, 2010, 3:33 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Silver, HH SILVER, Bonvoy PLAT, A/club PLAT, Hyatt Diamond
I just had an excellent stay at the Sheraton Brussels airport.

As a plat I got upgraded to a corner suite (on a Friday night) with free buffet breakfast.
The restaurant is excellent, parking is convenient, and the airport is just a few meters away.

The only (small) negative point is the size of the executive lounge.

However, this is one of the best airport hotels I have ever seen
Old Oct 4, 2010, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by geilux

As a plat I got upgraded to a corner suite (on a Friday night) with free buffet breakfast.
The restaurant is excellent, parking is convenient, and the airport is just a few meters away.

i get that corner suite all the time....have had about 10 stays here over the last 15 months....in all my stays, i have never made it to the lounge even once....i usually get to the hotel a little before midnight & leave around 8am the following morning....
Old Jan 1, 2011, 4:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold; AA Lfe Time PLT ; Marriott Titanium, LFT GLD
Originally Posted by geilux

I had a very similar experience in this hotel in September.

Nice property. Certainly one of the best airport Sheratons. The lounge is small but was essentially empty the late afternoon and evening we were there.

Corner suite was nice... overlooked the terminal and runways but very quite.

Free coupons (may be for PLT only?? or may have been because we stayed on a Sunday night and the Club was not serving breakfast that morning??) to breakfast in the restaurant... outstanding buffet. Great hot and cold choices. Expresso machine was awesome!

This property is literally 100 feet across the road from the main airport entrance. You can just wheel your bags a few feet to the pedistrian crossing ...

Last edited by nonesuch flyer; Jan 1, 2011 at 4:13 pm
Old Jun 2, 2012, 12:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

anyone know how often the train runs from brussels-midi to this property & how much a ticket costs????
Old Jun 3, 2012, 8:46 am

Programs: UA GS, 3MM, Titanium Elite for life
Yes, just "below" the hotel. the train runs often.

€5.4 each way. You can purchase them online and print them out if you like. Usually much easier. The link is:

https://buy.b-rail.be/eTicketing/ETi...come.do?lang=3

-sr

Originally Posted by Keyser
anyone know how often the train runs from brussels-midi to this property & how much a ticket costs????
Old Jun 3, 2012, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by small ring
Yes, just "below" the hotel. the train runs often.

€5.4 each way. You can purchase them online and print them out if you like. Usually much easier. The link is:

https://buy.b-rail.be/eTicketing/ETi...come.do?lang=3

-sr
thanks....its been 5-6 years since i last took the train here....didn't remember how often they ran....
Old Sep 2, 2012, 2:47 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Am spending the night in a junior suite at this hotel night (as a gold, I didn't expect an upgrade, I paid extra). There is a club floor but I was not offered access.

This hotel has seen better days. For starters, two of the three room elevators were out of order. Hallways are depressing with aging carpets and gloomy lighting. Carpet in the room was OK although the lighting (which was adequate everywhere EXCEPT around the bed!) somehow makes the room look tawdry. Furniture is standard Sheraton style and the furniture in my room didn't all match, which suggests only part had been replaced at the last go around.

I looked into a regular room and my impression is that the extra E70 or so I paid for a junior suite wasn't worth it.

My SPG bonus was two small bottles of Evian and 250 points, since my rate apparently already included internet.

I called down to ask a question and gave up when there was no answer after many rings.

This hotel is overdue for renovation. I doubt that I would stay here again, although it clearly survives by exploiting its location (across the access road from departures).

Edited to add: I got up this morning to discover laundry carts stacked outside around my room door. Water temperature in the shower varied. Bathrobes were provided but looked like they had been left unwashed from the last guest, so I didn't try them.

Definitely ready to check out!

Last edited by RichardInSF; Sep 3, 2012 at 1:12 am
Old Sep 3, 2012, 4:14 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Very accurate description. ^

Did you receive an L shaped junior suite?
Old Sep 3, 2012, 8:59 am

Programs: Free Agent
Any recent experiences with day room? I have an early arrival from TATL and was looking to crash for a half day.
Update:
Day room was an excellent choice- quiet, dark. had buffet breakfast then a nap. construction on roadway between terminal and Sheraton is a PITA but such is life.

Last edited by canolakid; Sep 17, 2012 at 9:41 am Reason: update
Old Sep 5, 2012, 2:23 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FD1971
Very accurate description. ^

Did you receive an L shaped junior suite?
Yeah, that's what I had. Other than the larger room, it had a doorbell -- adjacent regular rooms didn't. Big deal! BTW, the whole time I was there (it was over a weeknight), I saw no one working on the broken elevators.

When I checked out, the clerk asked, "How was your stay?"

I replied, "Your management must surely know that the entire hotel needs renovation."

She smiled, gave a little laugh, and then replied, "Good, then I hope to see you again soon, sir."
Old Dec 17, 2012, 3:13 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by RichardInSF

When I checked out, the clerk asked, "How was your stay?"

I replied, "Your management must surely know that the entire hotel needs renovation."

She smiled, gave a little laugh, and then replied, "Good, then I hope to see you again soon, sir."
They listened to you.

The club is closed at the moment for major renovations until mid-February.

They will start with the club floor and move down to the lower floors throughout the next couple of months.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They listened to you.

The club is closed at the moment for major renovations until mid-February.

They will start with the club floor and move down to the lower floors throughout the next couple of months.
good news....^^
Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:01 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Silver, HH SILVER, Bonvoy PLAT, A/club PLAT, Hyatt Diamond
They listened to you.

Excellent. I hope they will keep their famous corner room upgrade policy for plats !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.