Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2022, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by Happy Traveling Consultant
No. Your room may not be ready, but they won't charge you extra. Worst case scenario, you just hang out at the pool or beach. Make sure you have beach wear in your carry on or change in the lounge at the airport.

Awesome. Good call on the beach wear in my carry on. Thanks.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 2:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by harsh683
Awesome. Good call on the beach wear in my carry on. Thanks.
Yeah, they'll grab your checked bags, store them, and bring them to your room when it is ready.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 3:20 pm

What’s the name of the song they do the champagne sabering to?
Old Dec 6, 2022, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by harsh683
Hello,
I am travelling to St Regis Maldives on morning of March 24 for five nights. My flight lands at 8:30AM at MLE airport. Since check in time isnt till 3, would St Regis charge me an extra night is I reach the resort before 3? I am a Platinum status for Marriott.

Thanks.
Flight lands at 8:30, let’s say your seaplane leaves at 10 or 10:30, and and resort time is an hour ahead. You’ll be getting in around noon resort time. They won’t charge extra and room may be ready.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 11:10 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Sixt Unlimited/DIA
Originally Posted by Happy Traveling Consultant
LOL - It looks like you have Voss red wine and white wine...
We did bring some Ice Tea/Cold Tea brew Bags from home. Saves you a lot off Soft Drinks We dont drink wine.

The In Room Dining was charged to the f&b bill, no problems there. The form for the F&B credit also says „all F&B outlets“

the minibar was not taken off the credit but i managed to get the 30$ open credit taken off the minibar bill.

We also arrived early at 9.30am, they had our Villa ready for Check in when we arrived.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 1:24 am

Programs: BA Silver (OWS), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Does the hotel provide reasonably good snorkeling equipment free of charge or should we buy/bring our own?
Old Dec 7, 2022, 1:27 am

Originally Posted by AnttiV
Does the hotel provide reasonably good snorkeling equipment free of charge or should we buy/bring our own?
They do, but i had some problems with the fit. If you have your own equipment better take it with you.
AnttiV likes this.

Last edited by JulianBTC; Dec 7, 2022 at 2:31 am
Old Dec 7, 2022, 11:40 am

Talking

Originally Posted by JulianBTC
I had a Look inside the new restaurant on Saturday and with less than 10 Seats i guess its gonna be very Expensive/Semi-Private Dinner

Orientale and Cargo were the only Restaurants we enjoyed. For the In Room Dining we really liked the Seafood Platter, costs 480$ but we had to get rid of the F&B Credit on our last evening so i prepared our own Private Beach dinner

That looks great! Something 4 of me can possibly finish
Isn't the grilled seafood platter 375 USD or they raised the price again?
Old Dec 7, 2022, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by EdwinAQ
That looks great! Something 4 of me can possibly finish
Isn't the grilled seafood platter 375 USD or they raised the price again?
Yes you are right, 375++ so you end up with 457,5 incl Service and Tax. I requested some extra sauces and the Calamari to be replaced with something else. I think they gave me one extra Lobster. No extra charge for sauces, bread etc.

Coconut is 15++ (actually quite reasonable compared to other prices)
Old Dec 7, 2022, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by Crownedrookie
We are also here now. We were told the new restaurant, T.Pan, will have a soft opening on 12/7. We secured our reservations for it today. I have a copy of the menu but don’t have a laptop to attach it as a file. Prices seem semi-reasonably steep

Able to inquire on the status of their seaplane lounge? I remember someone mentioning it was supposed to be ready in November but I haven’t seen anyone post any pictures of it yet.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 5:40 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
T-63 days until our trip to the Maldives!

Who will be around the third week of February (14-19).
Old Dec 7, 2022, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by eye84u
Able to inquire on the status of their seaplane lounge? I remember someone mentioning it was supposed to be ready in November but I haven’t seen anyone post any pictures of it yet.
here now and asked my butler the same question. He mentioned it would probably be open in February.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by Sunman123
here now and asked my butler the same question. He mentioned it would probably be open in February.
Wonder what the delay is, I remember someone mentioning it should be ready in November.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 9:59 pm

Programs: American Airlines - Executive Platinum / Marriott - Ambassador
Originally Posted by Crownedrookie
We are also here now. We were told the new restaurant, T.Pan, will have a soft opening on 12/7. We secured our reservations for it today. I have a copy of the menu but don’t have a laptop to attach it as a file. Prices seem semi-reasonably steep
Certainly, take some pics if you are going this evening I am sure many of us are interested to see.

I also heard that Elements will be opening up again soon!
Old Dec 7, 2022, 10:34 pm

Programs: Accor All Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Plat, iberia Plus Plat
Originally Posted by Dn10
What’s the name of the song they do the champagne sabering to?
It's Orff's Carmina Burana

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.