Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2022, 1:43 am

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by atcanobbio
So my friend (lilfetime plat) and I arrived on the 16th and so far we are enjoying the rest and relaxation. We booked a 1-BR StR OWV Suite and that's what we got. Weather has been great, Day of arrival had not-so-nice weather. Rain was so heavy that our seaplane ride in had to be pushed almost an hour out. But the last two days have been phenomenal. I hope it keeps up like this the next few days we are here.

Breakfast offering is top-notch. We are able to choose from buffet, a la carte menu, or both. Fruit basket was provided at arrival but has not been replenished as we were told that it's only a "on arrival" benefit. Besides the fruit, we were welcomed with a bottle of champs, which was very nice of them.

I'm so happy I finally made it out here. Looking forward to more relaxation and sun before flying back to the US PNW
Checked out on Saturday, the 22nd after 6 nights in room 526. Really enjoyed the stay, I was able to disconnect and really relax. Sleep, eat, snorkel, swim, lay on the deck and not worry about anything else, was my daily routine and I loved it. Enjoyed sunsets at the whale bar every evening... It was so nice. Those Indian ocean sunsets were something else!! below are a few pics I took during my stay. Overall, we got so lucky with weather... 6 straight days of pure sunshine. We were told that weather the week prior was bad and rain was supposed to come back the day after we left.

View from deck

Sunset from whale bar Day 2

Sunset from whale bar day 3

Sunset from whale bar day 3 - as we left....the colors!!!

View from reception as we waited for seaplane flight back to MLE

View of Island as we flew out.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 2:47 am

Programs: BAEC GOLD
Originally Posted by atcanobbio
Checked out on Saturday, the 22nd after 6 nights in room 526. Really enjoyed the stay, I was able to disconnect and really relax. Sleep, eat, snorkel, swim, lay on the deck and not worry about anything else, was my daily routine and I loved it. Enjoyed sunsets at the whale bar every evening... It was so nice. Those Indian ocean sunsets were something else!! below are a few pics I took during my stay. Overall, we got so lucky with weather... 6 straight days of pure sunshine. We were told that weather the week prior was bad and rain was supposed to come back the day after we left.

View from deck

Sunset from whale bar Day 2

Sunset from whale bar day 3

Sunset from whale bar day 3 - as we left....the colors!!!

View from reception as we waited for seaplane flight back to MLE

View of Island as we flew out.
Was there just on the 10th - 15th before when the ...... weather was on. 6 days of glorious winds and rain!
Old Oct 25, 2022, 2:58 pm

Programs: American Airlines EXP, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I'd love to get some feedback on a "family/group of 4" booking/stay experience in a 2 Bedroom Villa -
We are 2 adults, 2 kids around 20 (also considered adults for the booking). I just booked a 5 night stay at the end of March 2023 with points.

Including the points upgrade for a 2 bedroom and the free night, its costing me 680,000 points. About 50K of that per night appears to be the points upgrade portion (so 250K of the points is for the upgraded room type). Any feedback on how good/bad/mediocre this is relative to the dynamic pricing rates that people are seeing?

I booked an Ocean 2-bedroom Villa (that was the only choice I had for 4 adults on those days). Are these 201 - 206? Has anyone stayed in those? Would love to hear some experiences.

Are 207-212 the Overwater 2-bedroom Villas? Are those the Villas that would be an "upgrade opportunity" for our group of 4 (I'm Titanium), based on availability? Has anyone stayed at both the Ocean 2-bedroom and the Overwater 2-bedroom. How much better was it?

Should I expect that the Titanium breakfast benefits would be offered to 2 in our family, and the other 2 would be treated as regular paying guests?

Thanks in advance! I'm enjoying reading about (and learning from) all your experiences.

Last edited by tomsam; Oct 25, 2022 at 4:00 pm Reason: correcting typo
Old Oct 25, 2022, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by Too_Fly1
Had the same issue. Contacted the hotel and they can't do anything. Still waiting for a response from Marriott.

we are planning the same dates but the availability went away so now we are coming in a day later.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 4:50 pm

Wine

Is it cool to buy some wine from duty free and bring it to drink in my room?
Old Oct 25, 2022, 5:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ijk90825
Is it cool to buy some wine from duty free and bring it to drink in my room?
No. In fact, you will not be able to bring alcohol into the Maldives.

The airport may be able to store it for you, but they scan your bags for alcohol and will not let you take it with you to a resort.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 6:48 pm

By any chance, does anyone happen to have the mini bar menus or the updated restaurant menus? Thanks!
Worldchris likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 12:21 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by tomsam
I'd love to get some feedback on a "family/group of 4" booking/stay experience in a 2 Bedroom Villa -
We are 2 adults, 2 kids around 20 (also considered adults for the booking). I just booked a 5 night stay at the end of March 2023 with points.

Including the points upgrade for a 2 bedroom and the free night, its costing me 680,000 points. About 50K of that per night appears to be the points upgrade portion (so 250K of the points is for the upgraded room type). Any feedback on how good/bad/mediocre this is relative to the dynamic pricing rates that people are seeing?

I booked an Ocean 2-bedroom Villa (that was the only choice I had for 4 adults on those days). Are these 201 - 206? Has anyone stayed in those? Would love to hear some experiences.

Are 207-212 the Overwater 2-bedroom Villas? Are those the Villas that would be an "upgrade opportunity" for our group of 4 (I'm Titanium), based on availability? Has anyone stayed at both the Ocean 2-bedroom and the Overwater 2-bedroom. How much better was it?

Should I expect that the Titanium breakfast benefits would be offered to 2 in our family, and the other 2 would be treated as regular paying guests?

Thanks in advance! I'm enjoying reading about (and learning from) all your experiences.
The Villa is fine. The only drawback is the small swimming pool. Would not be much fun for 2 kids. I have seen many families who are staying in the 2 bedrooms use the main pool.
tomsam likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 7:52 am

(deleted)

Last edited by rucksack; Oct 27, 2022 at 5:59 am
Old Oct 26, 2022, 3:05 pm
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by evinrude
By any chance, does anyone happen to have the mini bar menus or the updated restaurant menus? Thanks!
If you haven't found any info, we'd be happy to assist where we can. Send us a private message or connect with us over Social Media and we can take a look.
Worldchris likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by evinrude
Couldn't find the mini bar menu, however here are a few other links that I received from the reservations team which have the restaurant menus...

Virtual Tour -
https://geckodigital.co/vt/StRegisMaldives/

Restaurant and Spa Details with Menus
https://mi.vserve-protecht.com/

Detailed Maps and Room Tours
https://znap.link/thestregismaldives

In Room Dining Menu
https://master-vserve.s3.ap-south-1....JUNE3%20v2.pdf

Alba Indian Menu
https://master-vserve.s3.ap-south-1....NER%20MENU.pdf
Old Oct 26, 2022, 9:29 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium Elite, VSE/MVC Chairman's Club
We were charged full breakfast price for the third person (19yrs old) earlier this year...
Old Oct 26, 2022, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by YYJMSP
We were charged full breakfast price for the third person (19yrs old) earlier this year...
That would be in line with the breakfast benefits.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by senyah
Couldn't find the mini bar menu, however here are a few other links that I received from the reservations team which have the restaurant menus...

Virtual Tour -
https://geckodigital.co/vt/StRegisMaldives/

Restaurant and Spa Details with Menus
https://mi.vserve-protecht.com/

Detailed Maps and Room Tours
https://znap.link/thestregismaldives

In Room Dining Menu
https://master-vserve.s3.ap-south-1....JUNE3%20v2.pdf

Alba Indian Menu
https://master-vserve.s3.ap-south-1....NER%20MENU.pdf
Does anyone know the cost of half-board for platinum members?
Old Oct 27, 2022, 2:43 am

Programs: QRPC Plat; Marriott Plat; Hilton Gold
Hi all,

Does anyone know if they offer the St. Regis Suite as a paid upgrade for normal OWV bookings? If so any idea of rates offered?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.