Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2021, 6:33 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by rk22
the email is [email protected] correct (dot after stregis)?
didn't get the question, but what I typed is their email.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
didn't get the question, but what I typed is their email.
Sorry typo error.. I meant their email Id is [email protected] and not [email protected]?
Old Aug 23, 2021, 6:59 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rk22
the email is [email protected] correct (dot after stregis)?
Perhaps this email works but it is not the one I contacted.

The email address I used does have a dot after “stregis”: [email protected]

Also, this is the Butler email (for requests attached to a specific reservation): [email protected]
Old Aug 23, 2021, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by WasKnown
Perhaps this email works but it is not the one I contacted.

The email address I used does have a dot after “stregis”: [email protected]

Also, this is the Butler email (for requests attached to a specific reservation): [email protected]
Ah yes. There is a dot. Apologies everyone.
WasKnown likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by friedablass
Pool and deck are bigger too. Deck didn't matter much (had a cabana which I believe regular doesn't) but the larger pool was nice. By water, if you mean the ocean water then it depends which you get - sunrise or sunset ones the water is similar to neighboring villas, and the ones at the top (I think north facing) I read that sometimes the water can be more rough. Otherwise, I don't believe there's much of a difference in the water between STR and regular villas.
Got it - didn't know the water might be rougher at the North facing ones but that was what I was interesting in learning about given that so many of the STR suites are there. Feel like they should have made the Sunset villas the STR Suites and charged a premium for those but alas what is built is built.
WasKnown likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 11:35 pm

Programs: Delta PM
PCR Test

Has anyone done a home PCR test that you mail in and get results via email for travel to the Maldives? The requirements seem to just indicate a PCR test is required (no restriction against at home sampling) but want to make sure I won't get turned down when boarding my Qatar flight. Thanks!

Last edited by nj1015; Aug 23, 2021 at 11:53 pm
Old Aug 25, 2021, 10:18 am

Programs: AC 50K | WS Gold | Bonvoy Titanium | Hilton Gold | Hyatt Globalist
Quick interim review from a solo traveller

I’m here now — I think I’m one of the only people to have come here solo, but they’re treating me super well. I wanted to come here as a meditation retreat / social media hiatus trip after a very hectic few months between jobs. It’s always been a bucket list item and so I decided that I might as well come now while I have a break between jobs.

redeemed 70k a night + 5k extra for overwater. Got a very beautiful overwater villa. arrived early (around 10am) and they gave me the suite, so pretty much an extra day.

Free breakfast because of titanium (choice between breakfast, 1k points, and local gift). Didn’t know there was free flowing Prosecco until the second day (today) and got tipsy in the morning. Tip: don’t get anything from the buffet and order everything a la carte. Duck leg confit, lobster omelette, soft shell crab eggs Benedict >>>>>> stir fried noodles. I’m a big eater but large breakfast + early dinner has been sufficient.

butler has been extremely nice and non disturbing. I told her I wanted to be left alone in my room most of the time, and she respected that. Responsive enough when I need her help + helped me book dinner, but that’s it. It’s so nice.

weather is not the best. Arrival day 3 days ago it was sunny and beautiful but the past 2 days have been cloudy and rainy (for < 1 hour). Doesn’t bother me for my purposes (meditating / chilling in pool / swimming).

no public saberage due to covid, but you can buy a bottle and they’ll do it for you in room. Afternoon coffee / tea on request.

tried Alba, Cargo, and Orientale for dinner. Alba was decent; had the wagyu lasagna for around $60. Portion was decent. Orientale was delicious. Had the wagyu steak for $88 ish and it was actually really really flavourful and tender. Portion was decent. Ate at Cargo tonight. Probably the best value. Chicken biryani was $30 something and I actually got a second dish. Lots of carbs (important if you’re just eating two meals a day) and had to get my leftovers to go. Curry was very very flavourful.

cocktails / drinks are reasonably priced too, at around $20 a glass (lived in Manhattan for a while, so it’s “reasonable”).

amazing attention to detail. Told butler I didn’t like spicy things on the first day, they had it in my profile today at the restaurant.

gym is nice and has a squat rack. Usually empty but today was crowded (4 people).

nobody wears a mask (not required) and feels like pre covid times. I’m not very used to it yet!

Overall amazing redemption IMO. Can’t wait to enjoy my next 3 days.

Oh also, welcome beverage was an StR champagne. Asked for a stopper; planning to savour it and drink it over my 5 days.

Cloudy day views

Duck leg confit breakfast

Crab egg omelette

Free flowing Prosecco!

Soft shell crab eggs Benedict

estnet, onlysuites, svo242 and 4 others like this.

Last edited by thereisnoaddress; Aug 25, 2021 at 10:28 am
Old Aug 25, 2021, 10:30 am

Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by thereisnoaddress
I’m here now — I think I’m one of the only people to have come here solo, but they’re treating me super well.
Thanks for the detailed photos. If you have a chance, could you ask the staff if they have any branded stuffed animals on the resort? No worries if you don't have time.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 10:31 am

Thanks for the update! No public sabering is disappointing, not like you got much alcohol but was always something to look forward to at the Whale Bar at Sunset each night.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by WasKnown
Thanks for the detailed photos. If you have a chance, could you ask the staff if they have any branded stuffed animals on the resort? No worries if you don't have time.
I have all the time in the world! Butler says there’s no branded stuffed animals
WasKnown likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by Dn10
Thanks for the update! No public sabering is disappointing, not like you got much alcohol but was always something to look forward to at the Whale Bar at Sunset each night.
Theres a cheap bottle of Prosecco that’s $85; I wonder if I should get it and have it sabred in my room privately like they suggested. Though, from the videos I’ve seen, it’s quite a big ceremony and I’m not sure how comfortable / awkward it would be performed just for myself 😅
Old Aug 25, 2021, 9:29 pm

I have all the time in the world! Butler says there’s no branded stuffed animals
Thanks. I expected that but it’s still disappointing.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 9:42 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Theres a cheap bottle of Prosecco that’s $85; I wonder if I should get it and have it sabred in my room privately like they suggested. Though, from the videos I’ve seen, it’s quite a big ceremony and I’m not sure how comfortable / awkward it would be performed just for myself 😅
A few years ago at St. Regis Chengdu, they let my wife do the honors in the lounge. Could be fun, no?
WasKnown likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2021, 12:47 am

Programs: Emirates Silver, Marriott Platinum... Previously AC*SE100K, Star Alliance Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador
I'll be at the St. Regis in 2 weeks time. I cannot wait to stuff my face with free flow prosecco at breakfast.
Thanks for the great review and update! My wife and I will definitely take your recommendations.

Are you doing any water activities such as the whale shark swimming or deep sea fishing?
Old Aug 26, 2021, 3:31 am

Originally Posted by cager
I'll be at the St. Regis in 2 weeks time. I cannot wait to stuff my face with free flow prosecco at breakfast.
Thanks for the great review and update! My wife and I will definitely take your recommendations.

Are you doing any water activities such as the whale shark swimming or deep sea fishing?
Yes, they had that during breakfast. So as the the Ritz had Champagne during breakfast. Some of the others required extra charges which left a very bad taste in my mouth, I mean you are paying $2000++ per night, why on earth would this be charged during breakfast?!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.