FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1683445-st-regis-maldives-vommuli-resort-master-thread.html)

h8stn4d Oct 23, 2018 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by 84Horn (Post 30348278)
As an added data point for you, I booked a Spectacular Lagoon Oasis on August 31 for 85K per night. I called Marriott Platinum line and had to be transferred to a Starwood rep to be able to book it.

Exactly the point I was going to make. Call Starwood, not Marriott.

onlysuites Oct 27, 2018 4:37 am

Would anyone know if its possible to grab one night each day as they release for next year and then somehow get the 5th night for free?

tylerc Oct 27, 2018 6:47 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites (Post 30361714)
Would anyone know if its possible to grab one night each day as they release for next year and then somehow get the 5th night for free?

If you see an available night, try booking and releasing to see if it instantly goes back to inventory. If that's the case, then you should be able to theoretically book them night by night, cancel and rebook as a whole.

imverge Oct 27, 2018 7:51 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites (Post 30361714)

I tried doing that with a booking in Bora Bora and it was a no go and I dealt with my Ambassador at that too.

cabbit Oct 27, 2018 7:59 am

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/thep...ing-badly/amp/

have ave a look at the link above...

Str Maldives are behaving normal...

str bora bora and STR Rome is not allowing redemption even
if u can book with cash hence they are playing games

vikasr Oct 27, 2018 9:46 am

Has anybody been able to recently upgrade with cash for a few nights and not the whole reservation? I was wanting to upgrade 2 nights out of 5 and was refused.

vwpokerchamp Oct 27, 2018 10:07 am

I wasn't sure where to find the info if anyone can help what is the last flight from mle to stregis? my flight estimate arrival time is 5pm to mle. will i be able to make the flight or need to stay overnight and fly in the next day?

escape4 Oct 27, 2018 10:30 am

Originally Posted by vwpokerchamp (Post 30362450)
I wasn't sure where to find the info if anyone can help what is the last flight from mle to stregis? my flight estimate arrival time is 5pm to mle. will i be able to make the flight or need to stay overnight and fly in the next day?

My ambassador told me latest arrival in MLE is 3:30pm to catch a flight. 5pm is too late so you need to stay overnight.

tylerc Oct 27, 2018 11:13 am

Originally Posted by cabbit (Post 30362083)
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/thep...ing-badly/amp/

have ave a look at the link above...

Str Maldives are behaving normal...

str bora bora and STR Rome is not allowing redemption even
if u can book with cash hence they are playing games

I was able to book a reef villa at STR BOB 3 or 4 days ago, no problem via the app.

onlysuites Oct 27, 2018 11:23 am

Originally Posted by vwpokerchamp (Post 30362450)

No chance. Last departures are around 430-5. You will miss yours 100%

Pseudo Nim Oct 27, 2018 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by tylerc (Post 30361907)
If you see an available night, try booking and releasing to see if it instantly goes back to inventory. If that's the case, then you should be able to theoretically book them night by night, cancel and rebook as a whole.

You’re giving WAY too much credit to the Starriott system. I tried this with another hotel and it was a total fail - nothing came back into inventory.

bgriff Oct 27, 2018 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by tylerc (Post 30361907)

I had to do this recently when moving dates slightly. Did not immediately reappear, but did come back something like 8-10 hours later. Open Hotel Alerts can be helpful with this project.

onlysuites Oct 28, 2018 5:58 am

Has anyone stayed at both the W and the St Regis? Which one would you say is better? I know the St Regis costs much more but I have stayed there earlier this year so was contemplating trying out the W. Or should I stick to the STR? We will be a family of 4 with two kids under 12.

flyinggrayson Oct 28, 2018 12:16 pm

Several Updates from the Resort

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...f069e44922.jpg

St. Regis Maldives Latest Resort Map

Here's the new Resort Map from the property with a white background which is clearer than the former one.

And here's the latest benefits for Platinum Premier with Ambassador at the resort:
  • Member Rates
  • Receive 75% bonus points of the total accumulated points for the stay
  • Mobile Check-In / Services (subject to availability)
  • Complimentary Enhanced Wi-Fi Service
  • Personalized St. Regis Butler Service
  • Ultimate Reservation Guarantee (no walk policy)
  • Welcome Gift: 1000 points per stay OR local gift OR breakfast at Alba Restaurant per day for 2 persons (member + 1)
  • 4 pm Late Checkout (subject to availability)
  • 10% Discount on Spa Treatments Excluding Spa Packages
  • Your 24

pkerr Oct 30, 2018 6:55 am

Booking The St. Regis Maldives?

When I go to either the Marriott Web site or the SPG web site and do a search for properties in the Maldives the St. Regis does NOT appear as available. (it's not even listed) If I go here ---> St. Regis "direct"
I see availability to book. Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks
BTW... if it doesn't show rooms that can be booked using points does that mean there is nothing available or just that I need to call?