Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rxgeek
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

Can someone who knows list the names of the hotels here in this long thread? Here are the names, addresses, email contact, commonly used abbreviations and some basic info about each hotel. (Location information, CL and breakfast information, UG experiences reported within the thread, typical room layout and frequently mentioned basic advice for different properties.) Keep in mind most posts indicate these are all great hotels. Hope this helps. CJK
  • JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok (JW) 4 Sukhumvit Road, Soi 2, Bangkok 10110, Thailand between the Phloen Chit and Nana BTS Stations. There is a pretty large CL. Elites mostly report having complimentary breakfast offered only at the CL and not in a restaurant. Some are bothered by the hotel's proximity to the Nana district and think the hotel may get some associated business while others (myself) have not really noticed this unless looking hard to see it. The hotel was recently renovated and there are a few posts showing pictures. UGs are usually to the club level regular room where the bathrooms are interior (no outside glass wall) and feature rather small showers but great soaking tubs. Unlike the other hotels listed here, the toilets are not in enclosures.
  • Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel (Ren) 518/8 Ploenchit Road Khwaeng Lumphini, Khet Pathum Wan, Bangkok almost attached to the Chit Lom BTS Station and the SkyWalk. One can reach the platform without having to walk on public sidewalks and by using escalators/elevators in the building next door, so most feel this is the property with the fastest and easiest access to BTS. The CL is smaller than the JW's and sometimes gets full. Some elites report having a choice of the complimentary breakfast in the restaurant (which is quite good and huge) while others report having that request denied. Latest reports indicate the restaurant breakfast is offered as of April 2018. The hotel does not have many suites so UGs are usually to corner rooms which often have seating and/or dressing areas as well as larger bathrooms with full glass walls. IMO this is the best/most convenient hotel for a first timer looking to do typical touristy things in Bangkok.
  • Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok (CY) 155/1 Soi Mahadlekluang 1 Ratchadamri Road Bangkok is about a five minute walk to either the Ratchadamri or Chit Lom BTS Stations. The hotel operates tuk-tuks to/from the BTS Station. The hotel has a CL and consistently offers elites a choice of breakfast there or in the restaurant. The CL is on the top floor of the hotel and has outdoor seating. Having stayed at the hotel several times as a P, PP and LTP I have never been given an UG, so if there are others who can chime in on that please do. The regular room has a small interior only bathroom with a window overlooking the room and no tub, only a walk-in shower. IMO the price can makes this a great choice, as it is convenient to many places a visitor will go. Sometimes it can be half the price of other Marriott options and they often run double points promotions. (Call the hotel to ask, it cannot hurt.)
  • Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen’s Park (Sukhumvit Soi 22) 199 ถนน สุขุมวิท ซอย 22 Khwaeng Khlong Tan, Khet Khlong Toei, กรุงเทพมหานคร 10110, Thailand is about an eight minute walk to the Emporium Mall and Phrom Phong BTS Station either down the Soi sidewalk or through Queen's Park. The hotel operates a regular shuttle to the BTS Station although some have reported trouble catching it back to the hotel. The CL is large, with an outdoor deck, and most people report not being given a choice for the complimentary breakfast in the restaurant. Most Plats report getting UG to a suite, with the M Suite seeming to be most common. It has a living room, bedroom and single large interior bathroom with separate walk-in showers and tubs. This is the largest hotel in Bangkok.
  • Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit (Sukhumvit Soi 57) 2 ถนน สุขุมวิท 57 Phra Khanong, Khlong Toei, กรุงเทพมหานคร 10110, Thailand ([email protected]) is a two minute walk to the Thong Lo BTS Station. Getting to the station involves crossing Thong Lo intersection which can be daunting. The hotel is about a ten minute BTS ride to the central malls, the Ren, etc. The area is a little quieter and more "Thai" than the more touristy/business area where the JW, Ren and CY are located. Some people report being able to have complimentary breakfast in the restaurant while others report lounge only. The CL is about the same size as the Ren's and can get crowded in the early evening. The hotel is on the higher floors of a 40+ story building and the CL is located on one of the top floors, offering stunning views of Bangkok. There is a rooftop bar on the top of the building with great views, too. Elites are often given a coupon for a free drink on the roof. Plats report mostly getting UGs to a two room suite with an extra half bath. The main bath includes an enclosed toilet, a single large walk-in shower and a large soaking tub that can easily seat two. (While the tub is large, the JW, Marquis and Ren tubs are more comfortable for a single person looking to lean back and relax.) IMO this is the quietest of the hotels listed here.
  • Bangkok Marriott Hotel The Surawongse 262 Thanon Surawong, Khwaeng Si Phraya, Khet Bang Rak, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10500, Thailand is the newest hotel. As of April 2018 there are not many posts from users who have stayed, nor is there an abbreviation being commonly used on this forum. The hotel is not attached/close to a BTS or MRT station but is near the Silom business area and some more popular adult entertainment establishments.
Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
The St. Regis Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
Bangkok Marriott Hotel The Surawongse 25,000 Category 4
Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen's Park 25,000 Category 4
JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
Le Méridien Bangkok 25,000 Category 4
Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit 25,000 Category 4
Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel 25,000 Category 4
The Athenee Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
The Westin Grande Sukhumvit,25,000 Category 4
W Bangkok 25,000 Category 4
Le Méridien Suvarnabhumi, Bangkok Golf Resort & Spa 17,500 Category 3
Aloft Bangkok Sukhumvit 11 17,500 Category 3
Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok 12,500 Category 2
Four Points by Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 1512,500 Category 2
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2018, 4:12 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Only problem is that the changes are not confirmed 1st Aug but "August".
Old Jul 25, 2018, 4:49 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by Kalboz
Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen?s Park 25,000 25,000 4
JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok JW 30,000 25,000 -5,000 4
Le Méridien Bangkok 30,000 25,000 -5,000 4
Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel 30,000 25,000 -5,000 4
The Athenee Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok 30,000 25,000 -5,000 4
There is also Marriott Surawongse for 25,000

By the way, in a case free night cert can be used for any 25k hotels including SPG ones post-August, would you recommend using it for Plaza Athenee, Marriott Marquis or JW? Location is irrelevant, I am okay with either.
I currently have used a cert for a booking at Marquis, but can cancel and reapply it to another one, still got plenty of time ahead.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 9:22 am

Programs: Marriott - Silver Elite
I have a potentially weird question about the Soi 57 property. My husband and I are planning on staying there for 5 nights in February. We were looking at the executive room (not a suite, and we're lowly silver elite, so no upgrades), due to wanting access to the CL. However, we much prefer the design scheme of the deluxe/premier deluxe rooms (we prefer darker woods, and find the executive room a bit bland/lacking in contrasts).

Is there any chance that if we contact the hotel, they'll allow us to stay in one of those rooms with CL access (we're happy to pay for the executive room, we just don't like the decor)?
Old Aug 8, 2018, 10:39 pm

Programs: Former UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Explore SE Asia
I plan on using a 7 night certificate for a Bangkok hotel (Category 1-5). Unlike many contributers to this thread, I am only silver. Therefore, I do not expect an upgraded room nor lounge access.

Given my lowly status, do you have any recommendations?

PS I have visited Bangkok, but have never stayed at a Marriott in the city.
Originally Posted by dsquared37
Only the Soi 57 and Marquis are currently bookable with a Cat 5 cert and post Aug transition it's unlikely the to-be Cat 5 St Regis will be bookable with the current Cat 5 cert which is likely to be relegated to a Cat 4 max.

Let's not further muddy the situation for Explore SE Asia.
Originally Posted by CJKatl
My bad... I forgot about the five becoming four issue. Nonetheless, if you have the points you might consider paying to UG your cert one category if there is a way to do that after Aug and your stay is after Aug. The StR is a great hotel, quiet and in a great location. If you are not going to get lounge access or a suite UG it wins IMO. As a Silver you might want to see if they will give you a room with a view of the Sports Club.

At the risk of passing along wrong advice again, I don't think you can book a legacy Starwood property with a TP cert yet nor do I think you can make a points reservation now and apply the cert after the merger. I think you would have to wait until after the merger to use a TC at the StR and you run the risk of how those certs will be treated at that point.

FWIW, I like both the Marquis and the Soi 57 properties. Without CL or an UG I still like the Soi 57 property a little better because it is closer to the BTS and you will have great views from any room.
I could get the new SPG luxury card. This would give me Gold status (currently silver). Could I expect a room upgrade? Breakfast/lounge access? Would having gold status change your recommendations?

Getting the Starwood luxury card would bring me to 4/24. I currently have the Chase Sapphire Reserve, Freedom Unlimited, Marriott Premier Plus and the United Explorer card. I could potentially get one more Chase card before being locked out of Chase until March 2020.

I am wondering if the card is worth getting given my 7 night certificate and the unknown bonus (125,000?).

PS I also have the SPG personal card.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 1:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Explore SE Asia
I am wondering if the card is worth getting given my 7 night certificate and the unknown bonus (125,000?).
This card is one of the lesser values of all the major "premium" cards. It barely pencils out to cover the annual fee. And SPG Gold would not normally get you a meaningful upgrade (i.e., a suite) or lounge/breakfast. The SPG card also largely dupes the benes of your CSR and Marriott cards. There are certainly better choices for that next card (for example, Chase Hyatt or AMEX Aspire).

If you're interested in an upgrade or lounge access, you could certainly contact the property in advance and see what they would charge for the add-on.

Regardless, either the FS Marriott or the Marquis is one of the best possible uses of a Cat 5.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 1:52 am

Programs: BA Bronze, EK Silver
Bangkok on a budget

Hi all, going to have a 2 day stopover in BKK, first time in Bangkok and looking to stay at either the Aloft, Four Points or the Courtyard for budget reasons. Have also come across many low price 3 star hotels but put off by no benefits, points earnings, and unaware of how safe these places are. I'm an old platinum so given whatever that status now offers, which would be best to stay at?

Prices are within $15 of each other, breakfast perks welcome bonus, transport issues may be the key factor. Only going to have 2 nights and a day in BKK so not planning on doing much sight seeing but like to check out the local scene, street food, night markets etc.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 2:19 am

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Do you have any Points?

What do you mean by "An Old Platinum" are you referring to your age and do you still have Platnum Status?

If you are Platnum, forget Budget, the savings are minimul. The recent recategorization of the Royal Orchid Sheraton on The River to level 2, means with a Very Acceptable Lounge with excellent hor d'oeuvres, Free evening cocktails, Plus Platinum Breakfast Options you can enjoy a Quality Hotel for less than the Budget you are considering if you use points. Also avoids all the additional Taxes.

Just beware of the Taxis at the Entrance. Walk a few Feet along the street and Barter with a Tuk Tuk or take the Hotels Shuttle Boat to the nearby SkyTrain Station.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 2:34 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
It really depends on your budget. You can get perfectly acceptable hotels for 1/3rd of what Starwood charges. That said, the Royal Orchid is an interesting option because of the benefits provided to Plats and the quite reasonable rate (because the hotel is a bit old by now).
Old Sep 11, 2018, 2:53 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
If it's about ease of transport, checking out the local scene etc.
Four points would be best placed for that, easy access to mrt/bts. Lots of nice restaurant/bars in sukhumvit , esp around thonglor and phom phrong. Mrt can bring you to the rot fai night market at esplanade station. No lounge in 4P, but they give u 1h of happy hour free drink in ambar, free breakfast is given to plat as well the last time I was there.

Courtyard would give you lounge access and close to Central world and Siam paragon. Easy bts access as well.

Royal orchid Sheraton , the others have mentioned abt the plat benefit. But its location at the Riverside. Being a regular visitor to Bangkok, I am never a big fan of the location. Not very convenient unless you want to visit temple sights.

Anyway if you don't mind doing brg/lnf, Westin and Marquis queen park can often be brg to abt 2.8k++, both are superior property in Central location. May be a pain to do extra work to get the lower rates though.

Last edited by shevboyz; Sep 11, 2018 at 2:58 am
Old Sep 11, 2018, 5:53 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Royal Orchid Sheraton is great value for the money, frequent suite upgrades, lounge access, and breakfast in the restaurant. Depending on your dates, ROS is sometimes cheaper than 4P so no reason to go to 4P. Aloft is not recommended. No Plat benefits there.

Courtyard would be the most similar to ROS because it is often in a similar price range and also with lounge access. However you most likely won't get a suite.

So on a budget, my order of preference would be ROS, CY, 4P, and Aloft.
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 6:21 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Something along Sukhumvit better for walking around for nightlife and street stalls if you dont want touristy things like temples. If you are plat go for property w lounge as most are nice or spot like Le Meridien which has nice plat benefits and is only $100 often

Also always take Uber or Grab when possible and stay away from taxis hunkering in front of hotels
Old Sep 11, 2018, 8:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I would search prices for your dates rather than discuss properties in the abstract. As others have noted, several of the full service properties are often in the same price range as the limited service ones. f you're a Plat, you're likely to get a suite at several of them. $100 can buy you lots of hotel in Bangkok.
escape4 likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 8:32 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, EK Silver
Originally Posted by UncleDude
Do you have any Points?

What do you mean by "An Old Platinum" are you referring to your age and do you still have Platnum Status?
Yeah I should have been more clear, I meant I attained platinum SPG status last year and matched it to Marriott so have that status carried over to this year. I think it's called Platinum Elite now. The main perks we're interested in are comp breakfast, lounge access, suite upgrades.

As for my age, well I'm probably a few years older then the average Aloft guest but wouldn't consider myself particularly too senior compared to the average holiday guest that stays in these brands mentioned.

I've looked at the ROS and it does come out as about the same price as both the Courtyard and FP, but the location seems a bit far away from the nightlife. What are the perks that if offers over the others we've earmarked? I like a decent pool and gym, the other half loves a nice spa but we're not really going to be spending too much time in the hotel given our brief stopover.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 8:47 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
If nightlife is important, get a hotel in sukhumvit area.
Marriott Marquis has a very good gym and lounge, it's my first choice if I am able to get a good lnf rate.
Four points and Westin(if u can brg it) are also well located.
Personally I don't like the aloft in BKK unless it's only for a quick overnight.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by milehighmike

I've looked at the ROS and it does come out as about the same price as both the Courtyard and FP, but the location seems a bit far away from the nightlife. What are the perks that if offers over the others we've earmarked? I like a decent pool and gym, the other half loves a nice spa but we're not really going to be spending too much time in the hotel given our brief stopover.
Of Aloft, 4P, CY and ROS the CY has the best gym (by default as the others are rather poor) with ROS second.

For upgrades you're looking only at ROS. CY has a small number of suites and repeat guests rarely if ever get that upgrade, 4P is equally rare and Aloft you might get a north facing room that doesn't look into the condo to the south, and that's as good as you'll get without being a repeat guest.

Breakfasts from best to worst: ROS, CY=4P, Aloft.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.