Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rxgeek
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

Can someone who knows list the names of the hotels here in this long thread? Here are the names, addresses, email contact, commonly used abbreviations and some basic info about each hotel. (Location information, CL and breakfast information, UG experiences reported within the thread, typical room layout and frequently mentioned basic advice for different properties.) Keep in mind most posts indicate these are all great hotels. Hope this helps. CJK
  • JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok (JW) 4 Sukhumvit Road, Soi 2, Bangkok 10110, Thailand between the Phloen Chit and Nana BTS Stations. There is a pretty large CL. Elites mostly report having complimentary breakfast offered only at the CL and not in a restaurant. Some are bothered by the hotel's proximity to the Nana district and think the hotel may get some associated business while others (myself) have not really noticed this unless looking hard to see it. The hotel was recently renovated and there are a few posts showing pictures. UGs are usually to the club level regular room where the bathrooms are interior (no outside glass wall) and feature rather small showers but great soaking tubs. Unlike the other hotels listed here, the toilets are not in enclosures.
  • Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel (Ren) 518/8 Ploenchit Road Khwaeng Lumphini, Khet Pathum Wan, Bangkok almost attached to the Chit Lom BTS Station and the SkyWalk. One can reach the platform without having to walk on public sidewalks and by using escalators/elevators in the building next door, so most feel this is the property with the fastest and easiest access to BTS. The CL is smaller than the JW's and sometimes gets full. Some elites report having a choice of the complimentary breakfast in the restaurant (which is quite good and huge) while others report having that request denied. Latest reports indicate the restaurant breakfast is offered as of April 2018. The hotel does not have many suites so UGs are usually to corner rooms which often have seating and/or dressing areas as well as larger bathrooms with full glass walls. IMO this is the best/most convenient hotel for a first timer looking to do typical touristy things in Bangkok.
  • Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok (CY) 155/1 Soi Mahadlekluang 1 Ratchadamri Road Bangkok is about a five minute walk to either the Ratchadamri or Chit Lom BTS Stations. The hotel operates tuk-tuks to/from the BTS Station. The hotel has a CL and consistently offers elites a choice of breakfast there or in the restaurant. The CL is on the top floor of the hotel and has outdoor seating. Having stayed at the hotel several times as a P, PP and LTP I have never been given an UG, so if there are others who can chime in on that please do. The regular room has a small interior only bathroom with a window overlooking the room and no tub, only a walk-in shower. IMO the price can makes this a great choice, as it is convenient to many places a visitor will go. Sometimes it can be half the price of other Marriott options and they often run double points promotions. (Call the hotel to ask, it cannot hurt.)
  • Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen’s Park (Sukhumvit Soi 22) 199 ถนน สุขุมวิท ซอย 22 Khwaeng Khlong Tan, Khet Khlong Toei, กรุงเทพมหานคร 10110, Thailand is about an eight minute walk to the Emporium Mall and Phrom Phong BTS Station either down the Soi sidewalk or through Queen's Park. The hotel operates a regular shuttle to the BTS Station although some have reported trouble catching it back to the hotel. The CL is large, with an outdoor deck, and most people report not being given a choice for the complimentary breakfast in the restaurant. Most Plats report getting UG to a suite, with the M Suite seeming to be most common. It has a living room, bedroom and single large interior bathroom with separate walk-in showers and tubs. This is the largest hotel in Bangkok.
  • Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit (Sukhumvit Soi 57) 2 ถนน สุขุมวิท 57 Phra Khanong, Khlong Toei, กรุงเทพมหานคร 10110, Thailand ([email protected]) is a two minute walk to the Thong Lo BTS Station. Getting to the station involves crossing Thong Lo intersection which can be daunting. The hotel is about a ten minute BTS ride to the central malls, the Ren, etc. The area is a little quieter and more "Thai" than the more touristy/business area where the JW, Ren and CY are located. Some people report being able to have complimentary breakfast in the restaurant while others report lounge only. The CL is about the same size as the Ren's and can get crowded in the early evening. The hotel is on the higher floors of a 40+ story building and the CL is located on one of the top floors, offering stunning views of Bangkok. There is a rooftop bar on the top of the building with great views, too. Elites are often given a coupon for a free drink on the roof. Plats report mostly getting UGs to a two room suite with an extra half bath. The main bath includes an enclosed toilet, a single large walk-in shower and a large soaking tub that can easily seat two. (While the tub is large, the JW, Marquis and Ren tubs are more comfortable for a single person looking to lean back and relax.) IMO this is the quietest of the hotels listed here.
  • Bangkok Marriott Hotel The Surawongse 262 Thanon Surawong, Khwaeng Si Phraya, Khet Bang Rak, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10500, Thailand is the newest hotel. As of April 2018 there are not many posts from users who have stayed, nor is there an abbreviation being commonly used on this forum. The hotel is not attached/close to a BTS or MRT station but is near the Silom business area and some more popular adult entertainment establishments.
Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
The St. Regis Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
Bangkok Marriott Hotel The Surawongse 25,000 Category 4
Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen's Park 25,000 Category 4
JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
Le Méridien Bangkok 25,000 Category 4
Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit 25,000 Category 4
Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel 25,000 Category 4
The Athenee Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
The Westin Grande Sukhumvit,25,000 Category 4
W Bangkok 25,000 Category 4
Le Méridien Suvarnabhumi, Bangkok Golf Resort & Spa 17,500 Category 3
Aloft Bangkok Sukhumvit 11 17,500 Category 3
Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok 12,500 Category 2
Four Points by Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 1512,500 Category 2
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2023, 5:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I've been stuck in China for
3 years. I can't wait to visit Thailand, especially as countries like Japan and Morocco launch discriminatory policies to mainlanders. So far Thailand hasn't. Hundreds of millions of Chinese feel same. Prices will be high for CNY for sure.

And as much as I love Hyatt, Marriott properties are far superior in Thailand. Unfortunately high prices are here to stay
Old Jan 6, 2023, 12:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
ROS

After some back and forth, I booked ROS. I appreciate the old style and class, and like the river view.

When I checked in, I was offered a junior suite. I knew that executive suites were available for sell by checking Marriott app. so I politely asked. The girl called the manager and gave me the suite (lower level though).

The suite has excellent views and is spacious. Breakfast at club lounge has limited varieties. So I went to the first floor restaurant for breakfast which is very good. The attendant asked me to sign a bill of 580B. I thought it's complimentary for platinum and higher elites?

Rate is about 5K per night. Higher than before COVID but still lower than most Marriott Bonvoy hotels in BKK.

Few pictures are attached above.

I'll fly to HK on Monday but will return to BKK over the weekend. I'll try Marriott 57 or Westin.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 6:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
it is complimentary, IF you choose breakfast instead of points as welcome gift upon arrival.
I always liked the upper floors better, but the suites on the "lower lift" floors have the same nice view and I accept they prefer to give these out now for upgrades. Only drawback is the party boat music in the evenings, but they stop around 10pm.
KingCanute likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 8:34 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Lots of talk on prices in this thread, which made me decide to go ahead and book my trip to Bangkok that I had been wanting to take this year (too many good hotels to see) - as a data point, I was able to get a night at each of the following in May for a grand total of around $2416 USD - I'm not sure what prices used to be, but that comes to about $185 USD per night on average, which is one of the cheaper cities I have traveled to so far - of course, I'll continue to monitor pricing and make adjustments when I find decreases (who knows how things will change between now and May?):
  • Marriott Marquis Queen's Park
  • Marriott Sukhumvit
  • Westin Grande
  • Sheraton Grande Sukhimvit
  • JW
  • Athenee
  • Renaissance
  • St Regis
  • Le Meridien
  • W
  • Royal Orchid Sheraton
  • Marriott Surawongse
  • Four Points Sukhumvit
reggiekush likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by nilsfr69
it is complimentary, IF you choose breakfast instead of points as welcome gift upon arrival.
I always liked the upper floors better, but the suites on the "lower lift" floors have the same nice view and I accept they prefer to give these out now for upgrades. Only drawback is the party boat music in the evenings, but they stop around 10pm.
I did select points as welcome gift because the front desk staff said I can have free breakfast in the club lounge.

1st floor restaurant attendant only asked me to sign 580 B bill one day for breakfast. On other days she just took my room number.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 9:32 pm

Programs: AA, DL, UA
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
I was able to get a night at each of the following in May for a grand total of around $2416 US
  • Marriott Sukhumvit
  • Westin Grande
  • JW
  • Athenee
  • Renaissance
  • St Regis
  • Le Meridien
  • W
  • Royal Orchid Sheraton
  • Marriott Surawongse
  • Four Points Sukhumvit
Wow are you checking in and out of a different hotel daily?

Appreciate the dedication but it must be tiring (I did something similar but with much fewer hotels to maximize 'stays' during a points promo).

Look forward to hearing about your adventures
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2023, 1:19 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by kb1992
When I checked in, I was offered a junior suite. I knew that executive suites were available for sell by checking Marriott app. so I politely asked. The girl called the manager and gave me the suite (lower level though).
Was the executive suite ready or did you have to wait? and what time were you checking in at?
Old Jan 7, 2023, 3:13 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Lots of talk on prices in this thread, which made me decide to go ahead and book my trip to Bangkok that I had been wanting to take this year (too many good hotels to see) - as a data point, I was able to get a night at each of the following in May for a grand total of around $2416 USD - I'm not sure what prices used to be, but that comes to about $185 USD per night on average, which is one of the cheaper cities I have traveled to so far - of course, I'll continue to monitor pricing and make adjustments when I find decreases (who knows how things will change between now and May?):
  • Marriott Sukhumvit
  • Westin Grande
  • JW
  • Athenee
  • Renaissance
  • St Regis
  • Le Meridien
  • W
  • Royal Orchid Sheraton
  • Marriott Surawongse
  • Four Points Sukhumvit
Traffic can be bad in BKK - you might be checking in and out and stuck in traffic a lot and miss out on all that BKK offers ... Unless you are collecting hotel stays for fun

BKK is such a nice city. I'd suggest reducing the hotels and spend 2-4 nights in the jewels. That way you can experience the hotels, BKK and see multiple hotels. You can cut half of those easily. Westin ,SGS and 4 are all near each other. Just stay at sgs
Old Jan 7, 2023, 5:23 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by supermintyfresh
Wow are you checking in and out of a different hotel daily?

Appreciate the dedication but it must be tiring (I did something similar but with much fewer hotels to maximize 'stays' during a points promo).

Look forward to hearing about your adventures
Yes, 1 night each - I'm not very high maintenance on packing and unpacking, so it's been doable so far.
Originally Posted by SHLTP
Traffic can be bad in BKK - you might be checking in and out and stuck in traffic a lot and miss out on all that BKK offers ... Unless you are collecting hotel stays for fun

BKK is such a nice city. I'd suggest reducing the hotels and spend 2-4 nights in the jewels. That way you can experience the hotels, BKK and see multiple hotels. You can cut half of those easily. Westin ,SGS and 4 are all near each other. Just stay at sgs
My hope is that I've lined them up enough in proximity that I could walk between several and then avoid sitting in traffic except for the main location switches. I'll have a small backpack and normal sized carry on roll-aboard. Perhaps, though, I'm missing something about the lack of walkability? And, yes, it's pretty much collecting hotels for fun :-)
Old Jan 7, 2023, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by kb1992
I did select points as welcome gift because the front desk staff said I can have free breakfast in the club lounge.

1st floor restaurant attendant only asked me to sign 580 B bill one day for breakfast. On other days she just took my room number.
please keep us posted as to what the final bill will be (if any)
Old Jan 7, 2023, 6:11 am

Yes, 1 night each - I'm not very high maintenance on packing and unpacking, so it's been doable so far.

.. And, yes, it's pretty much collecting hotels for fun :-)
some people are truly! crazy.... and I like that
pls. do tell us what hotel you prefered, in the end.
Old Jan 7, 2023, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by nilsfr69
some people are truly! crazy.... and I like that
pls. do tell us what hotel you prefered, in the end.
Y'all don't even know the half of it - frankly, the hotels obsession has been one of my better and less crazy ones!
Old Jan 7, 2023, 7:20 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium

My hope is that I've lined them up enough in proximity that I could walk between several and then avoid sitting in traffic except for the main location switches. I'll have a small backpack and normal sized carry on roll-aboard. Perhaps, though, I'm missing something about the lack of walkability? And, yes, it's pretty much collecting hotels for fun :-)
The order above is that the order you are staying in them? If so if you swapped a few around you could easily BTS and even walk between some of them…

It is pretty mental what you do but then most of us like trying new places! I think it is more mental when people eat hotel food rather than sampling local delights!
Old Jan 7, 2023, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by Will08
The order above is that the order you are staying in them? If so if you swapped a few around you could easily BTS and even walk between some of them…

It is pretty mental what you do but then most of us like trying new places! I think it is more mental when people eat hotel food rather than sampling local delights!
Yes, the order above is my current stay order - with the understanding that the FP is less than optimal (going back to Sukhumvit).

What's really crazy is that I prefer sampling the local pizzas wherever I am - I already have some lined up in Japan for next week! Hah!
Will08 likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2023, 7:48 am

Programs: Life
Yes, the order above is my current stay order - with the understanding that the FP is less than optimal (going back to Sukhumvit).

What's really crazy is that I prefer sampling the local pizzas wherever I am - I already have some lined up in Japan for next week! Hah!
Whatever you are trying to achieve doesnt seem to have opitimal CentPerNight. Some might even live a year paying that rent in Thailand.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.