Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rxgeek
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

Can someone who knows list the names of the hotels here in this long thread? Here are the names, addresses, email contact, commonly used abbreviations and some basic info about each hotel. (Location information, CL and breakfast information, UG experiences reported within the thread, typical room layout and frequently mentioned basic advice for different properties.) Keep in mind most posts indicate these are all great hotels. Hope this helps. CJK
  • JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok (JW) 4 Sukhumvit Road, Soi 2, Bangkok 10110, Thailand between the Phloen Chit and Nana BTS Stations. There is a pretty large CL. Elites mostly report having complimentary breakfast offered only at the CL and not in a restaurant. Some are bothered by the hotel's proximity to the Nana district and think the hotel may get some associated business while others (myself) have not really noticed this unless looking hard to see it. The hotel was recently renovated and there are a few posts showing pictures. UGs are usually to the club level regular room where the bathrooms are interior (no outside glass wall) and feature rather small showers but great soaking tubs. Unlike the other hotels listed here, the toilets are not in enclosures.
  • Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel (Ren) 518/8 Ploenchit Road Khwaeng Lumphini, Khet Pathum Wan, Bangkok almost attached to the Chit Lom BTS Station and the SkyWalk. One can reach the platform without having to walk on public sidewalks and by using escalators/elevators in the building next door, so most feel this is the property with the fastest and easiest access to BTS. The CL is smaller than the JW's and sometimes gets full. Some elites report having a choice of the complimentary breakfast in the restaurant (which is quite good and huge) while others report having that request denied. Latest reports indicate the restaurant breakfast is offered as of April 2018. The hotel does not have many suites so UGs are usually to corner rooms which often have seating and/or dressing areas as well as larger bathrooms with full glass walls. IMO this is the best/most convenient hotel for a first timer looking to do typical touristy things in Bangkok.
  • Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok (CY) 155/1 Soi Mahadlekluang 1 Ratchadamri Road Bangkok is about a five minute walk to either the Ratchadamri or Chit Lom BTS Stations. The hotel operates tuk-tuks to/from the BTS Station. The hotel has a CL and consistently offers elites a choice of breakfast there or in the restaurant. The CL is on the top floor of the hotel and has outdoor seating. Having stayed at the hotel several times as a P, PP and LTP I have never been given an UG, so if there are others who can chime in on that please do. The regular room has a small interior only bathroom with a window overlooking the room and no tub, only a walk-in shower. IMO the price can makes this a great choice, as it is convenient to many places a visitor will go. Sometimes it can be half the price of other Marriott options and they often run double points promotions. (Call the hotel to ask, it cannot hurt.)
  • Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen’s Park (Sukhumvit Soi 22) 199 ถนน สุขุมวิท ซอย 22 Khwaeng Khlong Tan, Khet Khlong Toei, กรุงเทพมหานคร 10110, Thailand is about an eight minute walk to the Emporium Mall and Phrom Phong BTS Station either down the Soi sidewalk or through Queen's Park. The hotel operates a regular shuttle to the BTS Station although some have reported trouble catching it back to the hotel. The CL is large, with an outdoor deck, and most people report not being given a choice for the complimentary breakfast in the restaurant. Most Plats report getting UG to a suite, with the M Suite seeming to be most common. It has a living room, bedroom and single large interior bathroom with separate walk-in showers and tubs. This is the largest hotel in Bangkok.
  • Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit (Sukhumvit Soi 57) 2 ถนน สุขุมวิท 57 Phra Khanong, Khlong Toei, กรุงเทพมหานคร 10110, Thailand ([email protected]) is a two minute walk to the Thong Lo BTS Station. Getting to the station involves crossing Thong Lo intersection which can be daunting. The hotel is about a ten minute BTS ride to the central malls, the Ren, etc. The area is a little quieter and more "Thai" than the more touristy/business area where the JW, Ren and CY are located. Some people report being able to have complimentary breakfast in the restaurant while others report lounge only. The CL is about the same size as the Ren's and can get crowded in the early evening. The hotel is on the higher floors of a 40+ story building and the CL is located on one of the top floors, offering stunning views of Bangkok. There is a rooftop bar on the top of the building with great views, too. Elites are often given a coupon for a free drink on the roof. Plats report mostly getting UGs to a two room suite with an extra half bath. The main bath includes an enclosed toilet, a single large walk-in shower and a large soaking tub that can easily seat two. (While the tub is large, the JW, Marquis and Ren tubs are more comfortable for a single person looking to lean back and relax.) IMO this is the quietest of the hotels listed here.
  • Bangkok Marriott Hotel The Surawongse 262 Thanon Surawong, Khwaeng Si Phraya, Khet Bang Rak, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10500, Thailand is the newest hotel. As of April 2018 there are not many posts from users who have stayed, nor is there an abbreviation being commonly used on this forum. The hotel is not attached/close to a BTS or MRT station but is near the Silom business area and some more popular adult entertainment establishments.
Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
The St. Regis Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
Bangkok Marriott Hotel The Surawongse 25,000 Category 4
Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen's Park 25,000 Category 4
JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
Le Méridien Bangkok 25,000 Category 4
Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit 25,000 Category 4
Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel 25,000 Category 4
The Athenee Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
The Westin Grande Sukhumvit,25,000 Category 4
W Bangkok 25,000 Category 4
Le Méridien Suvarnabhumi, Bangkok Golf Resort & Spa 17,500 Category 3
Aloft Bangkok Sukhumvit 11 17,500 Category 3
Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok 12,500 Category 2
Four Points by Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 1512,500 Category 2
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2022, 5:57 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by FQ415
Totally agree with you. With the price for a Suite in St Regis, Cappella seems to be a better choice especially with their promotion (buy 1 get 1 free gift card, 2nights just for 26500thb, come with breakfast, special guest activities, pressing, free minibar, evening cocktail). Just wondering which property you will be staying? I'm going to WA and kempenski for my upcoming trip in Sept), may be I can explore others possibilities as well.
Capella (my second stay), plus The Sukhothai (first stay) and The Standard (first stay, it just opened!). I have never done WA or any of the Kempinski properties but interested in how they benchmark to the Marriott options.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 6:13 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Ok thanks for the input-- yeah I dont really care about treatment as ambassador since wherever i stay i will just book a suite anyhow as it is just two nights to rest and recover from what i expect to be a very busy few weeks before that--but had very much enjoyed previous StR stays pre-covid. And because this is in March I'm searching for -- rates arent so bad at any of the properties this far in advance!

Appreciate the input and good to know re the airport services.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 9:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
I think most of the complains on the St. Regis relate to pricing and elite treatment, if you’ve booked a suite for a good price you may still have a nice stay, it’s just that it seems you can get much more elsewhere for the same price (especially if you are willing to look at the newer 5 star hotels outside Marriott that are effectively now what St. Regis was when it opened ten years ago).

I am about to land in BKK and will be spending zero nights in Marriott properties for the first time ever which is an odd feeling!
Totally agree with you. With the price for a Suite in St Regis, Cappella seems to be a better choice
Capella (my second stay), plus The Sukhothai (first stay) and The Standard (first stay, it just opened!). I have never done WA or any of the Kempinski properties but interested in how they benchmark to the Marriott options.
Yes, there are multiple new 5 star properties available in the same price range (around 13k THB per night) including the Siam and Sindhorn Kempiski just to name a couple. Capella prices a bit higher.

Note that W/A currently has major demo/construction project next door which impacts the rooms with Sports Club view.
FQ415 likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 9:49 am

I enjoyed my previous stay at Sukhothai as Titanium for GHA, love their bogetta toiletries. I would say it's a STR with club lounge. Haven't stay at The Standard before, may be can check it out during my next trip. Enjoy your trip.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Yes, there are multiple new 5 star properties available in the same price range (around 13k THB per night) including the Siam and Sindhorn Kempiski just to name a couple. Capella prices a bit higher.

Note that W/A currently has major demo/construction project next door which impacts the rooms with Sports Club view.
Thanks for the info regarding construction near WA. I shall request the room away from the construction.
Kacee likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 10:24 am

Totally agree with you. With the price for a Suite in St Regis, Cappella seems to be a better choice especially with their promotion (buy 1 get 1 free gift card, 2nights just for 26500thb, come with breakfast, special guest activities, pressing, free minibar, evening cocktail). Just wondering which property you will be staying? I'm going to WA and kempenski for my upcoming trip in Sept), may be I can explore others possibilities as well.
Where are you seeing the 26500 THB rate? Looking at rates right now and starts at 36000 THB.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by guanin2999
Where are you seeing the 26500 THB rate? Looking at rates right now and starts at 36000 THB.
https://gifts.capellahotels.com/bang...-escape-030132

It's a gift card, buy one and free one night. The voucher can be used for different stay. However, it's not eligible for GHA elite benefit and not an qualifying rate. Still it's a good rate. For 26500 2nights.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 12:34 pm

Ah, the dates are outside the range I was looking for. Thank you for the link.
FQ415 likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 1:50 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Marriott Plat, Amex Plat
Airport transfers to Marriott properties

I would guess by fast track what you are referring to is the airport VIP service where someone collects you at the gate? If so, a large range of hotels in Bangkok will book this for you (for an extra charge) including SGS and Athenee within Marriott off the top of my head, but no doubt others. You can also book it yourself for any flight at https://www.bangkokflightservices.com/home/

As noted by FQ415, if you mean fast track immigration this is now done by boarding pass class instead at BKK and isn’t included even if you pay for the VIP service.
[snip]
Hi all, I am starting to put together a travel plan for Thailand for early December (first time there since pre-Covid). I've checked out the link above as well as the various sub-menus (LINK), and I'm a little confused.
It seems the "Fast track" services are now offered by coupon with arriving airline (I assume to B and F passengers). If so, what services are BFS offering to arriving passengers? I thought it was limo pick up from airport to hotel, but they don't seem to ask where I'm going - I would have assumed the pricing would be dynamic based on destination.

If I am staying at Athenee, would price be the same as if I was staying on the other side of the river?

On that note, the Athenee is offering pickup for 2 for 3000 THB - is this considered market pricing? Typically hotels charge a huge premium for this service.

Thanks in advance.

-
Old Aug 28, 2022, 3:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by Vancouver Guy
Hi all, I am starting to put together a travel plan for Thailand for early December (first time there since pre-Covid). I've checked out the link above as well as the various sub-menus (LINK), and I'm a little confused.
It seems the "Fast track" services are now offered by coupon with arriving airline (I assume to B and F passengers). If so, what services are BFS offering to arriving passengers? I thought it was limo pick up from airport to hotel, but they don't seem to ask where I'm going - I would have assumed the pricing would be dynamic based on destination.

If I am staying at Athenee, would price be the same as if I was staying on the other side of the river?

On that note, the Athenee is offering pickup for 2 for 3000 THB - is this considered market pricing? Typically hotels charge a huge premium for this service.

Thanks in advance.

-
A taxi from BKK would be maximum THB500 to your location including the airport surcharge and highway tolls. In my experience this year (to Le Meridien) 7 out of 8 taxis from BKK have used the meter to and it always comes to less than THB500 in total. I pay them THB500. I also paid the prick THB500 after telling him consistently from the airport that I would pay him THB500 and he wasn't happy when I handed over the note but he shouldn't have assumed every farang arriving at BKK knows nothing. You now know. THB500 maximum for a taxi to the Athenee.
dw, estnet, dgreen12 and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 5:40 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Vancouver Guy
I wouldn’t take them up on that. If you are hesitant to take a taxi, you can also arrange airport pickup service yourself, which will run around US $20-$25
estnet likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 9:51 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by Kacee
Is that their S Class? It's a nice car . . . when I used it (pre-pandemic) it was an AMG. 3000 THB is about right. That should include arrival services, possibly a surcharge for a buggy.

I believe BFS will put you in an AOT car, no?
I wonder if the hotels outsource these limo service.

Pre pandemic, Athenee use BMW 7 Series to pick me
Last month, St Regis and Capella use S Class.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 10:13 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by kaizen7
I wonder if the hotels outsource these limo service.

Last month, St Regis and Capella use S Class.
Yes a lot do. A lot of the Chauffeur Drives with Emirates also work with a selection of hotels. I have had the same driver (and car) with both EK and through a hotel pick up.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 11:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by kaizen7
Now that you mention it, it might have been a 7 Series from Athenee. It's possible I was thinking of W/A with the AMG S Class.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 4:17 pm

Wanted advice as to where to spend a night in Bangkok. Will be arriving late at night, and checking out at 4pm as part of a long layover.

I am considering the following:
1) SGS
2) Athenee - I've seen lots of recommendations for this property, what's so special about it? I read that they're stingy on plat upgrades though?
3) W
4) JW Marriott
5) St. Regis - Although recent comments/reviews seem to say this property isn't great.

Disregarding cost, where would you pros suggest would be a good and nice hotel to spend a day in Bangkok?
Some things that I do like to consider are: Generosity in upgrades (w/o SNAs), lounge if available, breakfast "spread", plat/tit treatment.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.