Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Marquis at the Marina, San Diego [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 24, 2016, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
This property is one of the 14 exempt from offering breakfast on the weekend when the lounge is closed. The elite gets 1,000pts/day instead.

Hat tip to LoganFlyer:

"A heads up: parking is now managed by Ace Parking, which means parking charges are no longer eligible for points at this hotel."
Print Wikipost

Marriott Marquis at the Marina, San Diego [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2022, 9:07 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
The M Club here is way too small. There's regularly a line to get in when the property is busy. If this is one of the best in the US, that's just a very sad comment on Marriott lounges.
YMMV, but the property was sold out and very busy during my stay (elevators were routinely full), and I experienced 0 lines and crowding at the M Club during evening appetizers, evening desserts, and morning breakfast. Perhaps, there was a below-average proportion of Platinum+ Elites at these conferences? My comment on the lounge quality was focused on the quality of the food (not on the quantity of choices) and on the friendliness of the staff. I did a quick inventory of my US lounge experiences across both Marriott and Hyatt properties, and I do think that this has been my favorite across both hotel groups in the US (no comparison internationally) so far. If there are others you would recommend, happy to hear them!
dw and DELee like this.
Old Mar 20, 2023, 11:44 am

Programs: UA 1K /2mm / Marriott Lifetime Titanium , Hilton Diamond
The hotel website says the M Club is closed until further notice....any recent guests know what is going on with the club?
Old Mar 20, 2023, 1:00 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by cmculp
The hotel website says the M Club is closed until further notice....any recent guests know what is going on with the club?
Are you referring to the “What to Expect” page? Unfortunately it seems like a lot of properties have stopped updating their respective pages and the information is frequently out of date.
Old Mar 20, 2023, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by dw
Are you referring to the “What to Expect” page? Unfortunately it seems like a lot of properties have stopped updating their respective pages and the information is frequently out of date.
Yes and agree. I've attempted to simply call the hotel and ask, but all phone tree options go to perpetual hold. Nothing on the hotel website currently describes an M Club.
Old Mar 21, 2023, 11:18 am

Finally got through to a human.....M Club is open Sun evening through Friday morning. FD agent was surprised to hear the what to expect page listed it as closed....... of note, it is one of the properties exempt from the breakfast requirement when the club is closed.
dw and DELee like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.