Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Cotton House, Autograph Collection - Barcelona Spain [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 2, 2016, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
"Nice little touch in the room was a Nespresso coffee machine with three complimentary pods of coffee, replenished daily. Extra pods were 3 Euro so take extra from home to save a little."

Email addresses for this property (per posts 91 and 92) (click the link to send email):

[email protected]

[email protected]
Print Wikipost

The Cotton House, Autograph Collection - Barcelona Spain [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2022, 9:40 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
While I enjoyed my stay at Cotton House, I'm a bit surprised that it was the most expensive of my Barcelona hotels, even beating the EDITION. I'm not convinced that the price is worth it. However, I would consider returning for the right price. Here are my pros, neutral points, cons, and photos:

Pros:
  • Upgraded many days in advance to a Cotton Room with balcony - the "Courtyard view" was really a full city view from the 6th floor as I could even the Mediterranean
  • Bed was comfortable - very soft mattress, very soft and nice sheets (duh, cotton), lots of plush pillows (8 pillows on the bed), covers could be a tad thicker
  • Shower pressure on the rainfall head was strong and nice
  • My room did have a wall-mounted desk space
  • Spacious and nice balcony with aforementioned great view
  • Nice message to me written on one of the mirrors by the Gossypium team and a small box of chocolate clusters and bottle of Spanish wine
  • Offered late checkout proactively - no issue with 4 PM
  • Housekeeping came by to give more waters at turndown time
  • Really beautiful common areas
Neutral Points:
  • Elite breakfast - the offerings on the buffet were good (carrot cake, ham sandwich, cheeses - especially goat, Iberian ham), but charging 6 Euros for hot items is just stingy (the W has a full buffet with all made-to-order items included) - lattes did appear to be included as drip coffee wasn't an option - I didn't try a hot item as the buffet was enough
  • Service attitudes at the front desk were nice, but pretty quiet and subdued - lots of handwriting required on their part filling out forms
Cons:
  • Service at breakfast was a challenge - I had to wave down servers to take an initial coffee order after 5 minutes - they all walked around but never tried to speak to me proactively
  • No Internet TV OS
  • Minibar refrigerator made a loud noise every time it "uncycled" the cooling (not sure of the term)
  • No desk chair - had to use an ottoman or move the large arm chair over
Overall, I think I would consider returning, but I already feel like I prefer the EDITION for a city hotel, which was cheaper anyway even with FHR.

Photos:

​​​​​​​
Old Nov 16, 2022, 4:07 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Fantastic photos! Thanks for posting!
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2023, 8:49 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines 100K MVP, Oneworld Emerald, Marriott Titanium
Considering Cotton Hotel, but it states that there is an extra person charge for 12 year old or older of €60/night for Egyptian rooms. Any experience with this up charge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.