Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Cotton House, Autograph Collection - Barcelona Spain [Master Thread]

Old Jul 2, 2016, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
"Nice little touch in the room was a Nespresso coffee machine with three complimentary pods of coffee, replenished daily. Extra pods were 3 Euro so take extra from home to save a little."

Email addresses for this property (per posts 91 and 92) (click the link to send email):

[email protected]

[email protected]
Print Wikipost

Old Sep 9, 2014, 9:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Noticed on the Marriott website an Autograph Collection property is opening in the spring of 2015 in Barcelona. No idea on the category yet, but am assuming a high one. Looks like it will be an interesting property.

"Set to open in the spring of 2015, The Cotton House, Barcelona, will be located in an iconic 19th century building in the heart of the city center formerly known as the headquarters of the Association of Cotton Manufacturers.

The 83-room boutique hotel will feature unique public spaces including several unique lounge areas, a rooftop pool and terrace, as well as a lush garden terrace area for dining and drinks. A large number of rooms feature balconies to take in the view and recharge after exploring the city. Interior design for the hotel is being crafted by the renowned Lázaro Rosa Violán studio. The design will be inspired by the decorative arts of the building’s original architecture while ensuring a luxury experience for the guests.

The concept of the Cotton House will be to deliver exquisite guest experiences in a cool colonial style with the spirit of Barcelona in its heart."

Cheers.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 10:20 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Images at the interior design of the Hotel Cotton House at the Lázaro Rosa Violán website: http://www.lazarorosaviolan.com/en/p...l-cotton-house
Old Sep 10, 2014, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Horace
Images at the interior design of the Hotel Cotton House at the Lázaro Rosa Violán website: http://www.lazarorosaviolan.com/en/p...l-cotton-house
Thanks for that - looks really nice!

Cheers.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 8:03 am
Original Poster

Marriott press release says it's opening Feb 23, 2015. Not bookable yet on Marriott website. Press release says rates start at 200E.

http://news.marriott.com/2015/01/aut...n-the-hea.html

Cheers.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 8:07 am

This sounds like potentially very good news for MR members in Barcelona since right now if you can't stay at the Arts, the choices go from really bad to even worse....
Old Jan 10, 2015, 9:01 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Where it it located? In Eixemple?
Old Jan 10, 2015, 11:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Where it it located? In Eixemple?
Address in the links.

Cheers.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 1:54 pm

Programs: MR Platinum, Aer Lingus GC, BA Bronze, Turkish Classic Plus
Anyone heard anything more on this? Just booked it for a weekend in May, hoping there will be no delays!
Old Feb 12, 2015, 7:26 pm

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
I just booked it for 2 nights in Oct (pre-cruise).

Any comments on the area would be appreciated.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 2:02 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
A most welcome and cheaper alternative to the Arts. Don't get me wrong, I like the Arts but...
Old Feb 13, 2015, 2:19 am

Originally Posted by nachosdelux
I just booked it for 2 nights in Oct (pre-cruise).

Any comments on the area would be appreciated.
It's in the heart of downtown Barcelona, a very short walk from Plaza Catalunya, a bit longer from the Passeig de Gracia train/metro stop. You'll be about a fifteen minute very brisk or 30+ minute casual walk to the pier where the cruise ships dock (straight down Las Ramblas).

I noticed the prices at this hotel. The Arts, for non-club rooms, off season, start at under 200Euros/night. Not sure what rate you got or your dates, but something to consider since I doubt it could possibly compare to the Arts.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 3:57 am

Programs: MR Platinum, Aer Lingus GC, BA Bronze, Turkish Classic Plus
Originally Posted by JamesEaston
It's in the heart of downtown Barcelona, a very short walk from Plaza Catalunya, a bit longer from the Passeig de Gracia train/metro stop. You'll be about a fifteen minute very brisk or 30+ minute casual walk to the pier where the cruise ships dock (straight down Las Ramblas).

I noticed the prices at this hotel. The Arts, for non-club rooms, off season, start at under 200Euros/night. Not sure what rate you got or your dates, but something to consider since I doubt it could possibly compare to the Arts.
Thanks for the info on location, I haven't been to Barcelona but I was looking for something near Plaza Catalunya. I'm seeing 365 at the arts vs 180 for my dates (off season weekend) so no contest for me.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 6:41 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
+1

My rates almost identical.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 9:07 am

Programs: Marriott - Lifetime Titanium, United - Silver
I'm booked!

Originally Posted by ellie_nz
Anyone heard anything more on this? Just booked it for a weekend in May, hoping there will be no delays!
I'm booked for one night next month just because I wanted to try it :-) Staying at another hotel the other two nights! I'll report back.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 10:19 am

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
Interesting. I'll be in BCN in May and I see rates of 180 Euro. Maybe I'll try and stay here and hope for an upgrade as a LifeTime Plat.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.