Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Cotton House, Autograph Collection - Barcelona Spain [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 2, 2016, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
"Nice little touch in the room was a Nespresso coffee machine with three complimentary pods of coffee, replenished daily. Extra pods were 3 Euro so take extra from home to save a little."

Email addresses for this property (per posts 91 and 92) (click the link to send email):

[email protected]

[email protected]
Print Wikipost

The Cotton House, Autograph Collection - Barcelona Spain [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2016, 3:27 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Any recent stays/comments? Reserved for this fall (on points) with upgrade (cash) to Madras room, which is listed as still fairly small (237 square feet). Any insight as to likelihood of further plat upgrade here? Thanks.

Last edited by ohmark; Jun 25, 2016 at 3:40 pm
Old Jun 27, 2016, 6:37 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Platinum Premier, SPG Plat, Delta Skymiles Silver Medallion
Stayed here on points for three nights in April - booked the smallest room but was upgraded one category to Madras room. It was small but well-appointed so it did not feel cramped at all. Since we only received a one-category upgrade, that may be the norm, but we did check in on St. George's Day (their version of Valentine's Day) so the hotel was sold out.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 10:03 am

Programs: M/R AMBASSADOR/LT/TIT/UASILVER/AAGOLD
We were also at the Cotton House in April on a 5 night Marriott travel package and upgraded to a Madras room. Beautiful hotel, nice staff, excellent buffet breakfast. Nice little touch in the room was a Nespresso coffee machine with three complimentary pods of coffee, replenished daily. Extra pods were 3 Euro so take extra from home to save a little.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 10:41 am

Stayed last winter at this hotel -- great location and love the hotel, especially the interior design. Spectacular.

As for the rooms, we stayed on points and booked (and was originally given) a Panama room. However, the particular room we were given was very dark, and I wanted at least some natural light and to not feel like I was in a basement. Traveling companion is a plat, and we asked about alternate rooms. We lucked out and were able to get a Cotton room, which was very nice. (Though there were some issues; they claimed they were sold out, but they were still selling rooms for the duration of our stay. Apparently they weren't using their systems correctly or their systems were wrong.) I am not sure if all the Panama rooms are dark/face an alley; if they do, I would not recommend those for sure.

The breakfast is continental for elites, but I think you are able to get some hot food (like omelet) for 5 euros (or maybe it was 8 euros) per item. However, I found the continental breakfast to be much better than average. The variety of pastries and sweets made me feel like I was in a small bakery.
Old May 7, 2017, 2:12 pm

Any thoughts on the Cotton Room vs. the Egyptian Room here? We're going for 3 nights in late July, looking for a points room.

Cotton Room: Courtyard view, smaller, but with a balcony for only 195k points.
Egyptian Room: Courtyard and city views, bigger room, corner, but the description doesn't say that the windows open, where it specifically does for the Cotton Room. 225k points.

I had been looking at the W Barcelona for 75k SPG points, but my wife wanted a more central location. So the Cotton Room would be 65k SPG, Egyptian Room the same 75k I had been planning.

I booked the Cotton Room just to make sure it didn't get booked up while we're figuring it out. Should I change that to the Egpytian Room? (All the standard rooms are booked for our dates, so it's points room + points upgrade.)
Old May 8, 2017, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by penner42
Any thoughts on the Cotton Room vs. the Egyptian Room here? We're going for 3 nights in late July, looking for a points room.

Cotton Room: Courtyard view, smaller, but with a balcony for only 195k points.
Egyptian Room: Courtyard and city views, bigger room, corner, but the description doesn't say that the windows open, where it specifically does for the Cotton Room. 225k points.
I am pretty sure we had a Cotton room when my SO and I were in Barcelona a couple years ago. We found it plenty comfortable when we were in the room. We did spend most of our time outside, though. The library/lounge in the hotel are also quite nice if you want to relax elsewhere, as is the roof deck.

I would personally save the points but of course only you can determine if the city view and other differences are important enough to you for 30k points.
Old May 9, 2017, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by windhund
I am pretty sure we had a Cotton room when my SO and I were in Barcelona a couple years ago. We found it plenty comfortable when we were in the room. We did spend most of our time outside, though. The library/lounge in the hotel are also quite nice if you want to relax elsewhere, as is the roof deck.

I would personally save the points but of course only you can determine if the city view and other differences are important enough to you for 30k points.
Thanks. I think we'll stick with the Cotton Room. The balcony/terrace definitely seems like a plus.
Old May 20, 2017, 9:50 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP Gold, UN Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond
Thanks. I think we'll stick with the Cotton Room. The balcony/terrace definitely seems like a plus.
Please report back on your stay! We'll be staying in the same room type in July.
Old May 20, 2017, 9:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP Gold, UN Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond
Oh, I read late June. You'll be there late July. We'll be there in early July.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 3:46 pm

As a followup here: Loved our stay at the Cotton House. The balcony was a HUGE plus, and the hotel was beautiful. The included Gold breakfast was excellent. It was my favorite hotel on the trip, which included Andaz Amsterdam, Waldorf Astoria Berlin, Gritti Palace Venice, and Nixe Palace Mallorca.

Courtyard view from the balcony.
Name:  20170730_161552.jpg
Views: 2321
Size:  479.2 KB
Old Aug 10, 2017, 5:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Great pic - thanks for sharing.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 8:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA Admirals Club, Marriott PLT Premier, Hertz President's Circle
Stayed here with my parents. Both rooms upgraded. Hotel is awesome, service is top notch. Location is perfect - walk able to almost any site (Segrada, Las Ramblas, etc.)

My only ding was that the "gym" had one treadmill, one elliptical and some free weights and nothing else.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 9:19 am

As a followup here: Loved our stay at the Cotton House. The balcony was a HUGE plus, and the hotel was beautiful. The included Gold breakfast was excellent. It was my favorite hotel on the trip, which included Andaz Amsterdam, Waldorf Astoria Berlin, Gritti Palace Venice, and Nixe Palace Mallorca.

Courtyard view from the balcony.
Attachment 37802
Nice pic. Thanks for sharing.

Are you gold with marriott and got a breakfast? I am only GOLD not plat so I wonder if we will get breakfast or not... Thanks!
Old Sep 8, 2017, 10:17 am

Programs: M/R AMBASSADOR/LT/TIT/UASILVER/AAGOLD
Yes, received breakfast when I was Gold.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 10:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by musicscrip
Nice pic. Thanks for sharing.

Are you gold with marriott and got a breakfast? I am only GOLD not plat so I wonder if we will get breakfast or not... Thanks!
Marriott Gold/Plats get breakfast at Autograph Collection, JW Marriott, Renaissance, Delta, Marriott (unless they are resorts, which The Cotton House isn't).

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.