Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Cancun (Mexico) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ritz-Carlton Cancun (Mexico) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2018, 11:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP Gold, UN Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond
Ritz or Zilara?

Will be in Mexico for 5 nights in November. Our last three nights are in Mayakoba and we're looking for 2 nights in Cancun. I'm Platinum Premiere with Marriott/SPG and Globalist with Hyatt. Wondering which properties in Cancun provide the most benefits. Can anyone shed some lights on to Platinum benefits at RC under the merged program?
Old Sep 19, 2018, 1:08 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
As a PP I do believe you are now eligible for suite upgrades at RCs, but not club access or free breakfast. Can't speak to what you might get at the the Hyatt.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 10:04 am

Was planning on adding a night to my upcoming January Cancun trip and thought I'd see what the RC had to offer. Came across the following rate (and its for a 1 night stay):

If you have a $1000* excursion planned, you essentially get a Club Master suite plus a bottle of Champagne plus a spa treatment and airport transportation for about $150 less than a base no-view room would cost.

*I'm guessing there is a typo in the rate and they really meant for it to be $100 resort credit, but that ain't what it says.
TravelLawyer likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

there are offers in luxury hotel industry with credits in thousands of dollars per stay, every previous time i have seen it there is a minimum stay

so the mistake here could be not implementing minimum stay, and they may not fully honor on a 1 night stay

re big box resorts, some prefer them vs smaller / villa resorts, just a style choice
Old Jan 10, 2019, 10:17 am

Programs: Delta Plat, Marriott Plat
RC Cancún - upgrades based on room category booked??

Checked in to the Ritz Carlton Cancún this morning and was hopeful for a suite upgrade because there was much availability online for the duration of my stay. However, I was told that they “only upgrade one room category from the rate booked.” Since I was booked into ocean “view” standard rol
, they offered an ocean “front” room.

I pushed her back and let them know that those were the old rules, not the new rules and that I should be able to get a suite. They relented and finally offered a suite, but only an ocean “view” suite. They said the ocean from suites are only available if I had booked an ocean front standard room.

First world problems, but it’s frustrating to see hotels continue to make this up as they go along. Statements like “if we let you upgrade to any suite, then we’d have to give you the presidential suite” are infuriating.” I know I’m only entitled to a standard suite, but if the ocean front suites are in the upgrade pool of standard suites, there should be no differentiation.

What’s really frustrating is that an ocean front suite was available (and in the upgrade pool - but only to those that booked ocean front rooms), and now I’m sitting here waiting several hours for my room to be ready. Ugh...
Old Jan 10, 2019, 10:30 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
The only thing which will solve these issues is if we all Tripadvisor every time a hotel doesn’t deliver on the Marriott programme when given a chance to do so.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Isn't there a thread for RC Cancun?
Old Jan 10, 2019, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by luckee37
Checked in to the Ritz Carlton Cancún this morning and was hopeful for a suite upgrade because there was much availability online for the duration of my stay. However, I was told that they “only upgrade one room category from the rate booked.” Since I was booked into ocean “view” standard rol
, they offered an ocean “front” room.

I pushed her back and let them know that those were the old rules, not the new rules and that I should be able to get a suite. They relented and finally offered a suite, but only an ocean “view” suite. They said the ocean from suites are only available if I had booked an ocean front standard room.

First world problems, but it’s frustrating to see hotels continue to make this up as they go along. Statements like “if we let you upgrade to any suite, then we’d have to give you the presidential suite” are infuriating.” I know I’m only entitled to a standard suite, but if the ocean front suites are in the upgrade pool of standard suites, there should be no differentiation.

What’s really frustrating is that an ocean front suite was available (and in the upgrade pool - but only to those that booked ocean front rooms), and now I’m sitting here waiting several hours for my room to be ready. Ugh...
are you plat elite or platinum premier elite ?
Old Jan 10, 2019, 12:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
There is, of course, two different recent threads on this same issue.

It is my understanding that the Marriotts in PVR and Cancun are all operated by the same company ... just not sure who that is. Wondering if the RC in Cancun is also operated by them as well.

The PVR property has told me they will upgrade one category. I'll usually book an ocean view room and get upgraded to a suite anyway so I haven't argued about it, even though I know its wrong.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 12:59 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by MePlatPremier

are you plat elite or platinum premier elite ?
(lifetime) platinum premier elite.

Old Aug 26, 2019, 7:03 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG SA
Any recent experience using Club Level Upgrades e-certificates [from Chase Ritz-Carlton CC] at this property?
Thanks!
Old Feb 5, 2020, 7:14 am

I've got a reservation for a King bed, Oceanfront suite for late this year. From the room descriptions there is a sofa in the living area, but I can't tell if it has a sofa-bed or not. I can call, but if someone knows whether it has a sofa-bed or not, I would appreciate it.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 5:03 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP/Current Titanium
Planning to be at the RC Cancun in early Oct and wondering if anyone can comment on the current status of the hotel operations in general and the Club Level specifically. I am under the impression the Club Level has recently re-opened, but is serving a reduced daily offering. I will certainly call the property as I get closer to arrival, but does anybody have any recent experience or knowledge about the hotel's overall current level of operations?
Old Sep 17, 2020, 5:10 am

The RC Cancun website still says the Club Lounge is closed. But it could very well be they haven't updated it yet, especially if they've just re-opened the lounge.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 11:45 am

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, DL Diamond & 2M Miler, Marriott Titanium
A hotel rep answered Q&A on Trip Advisor that the lounge is open but did not go into detail about current offerings.
GueroDeTejas likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.