Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Cancun (Mexico) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ritz-Carlton Cancun (Mexico) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2022, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by GarudaSoars
Trying to book a 4-night or 5-night stay here and the hotel is not bookable after September 2022. Any idea what's up?
rumor is this hotel will be closing and rebranding.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by longtimereader firstimeposter
rumor is this hotel will be closing and rebranding.
Any idea when that is and by when they will inform us? I already have an existing reservation for December.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 10:38 am

Any idea when that is and by when they will inform us? I already have an existing reservation for December.
very much a rumor and was posted in the FB Ambassador group. I would mentally prepare yourself to be moved, maybe the StR Rivera Maya will be open by the time of your trip and you can asked to be moved there. I have to imagine that property and location will be 10x better than the Ritz.
bizum likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 12:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
On Bonvoy FB page today--and I tried to make a booking in Dec/Jan. Unable.

Thanks to this group, I contacted Bonvoy today and confirmed that the Ritz Carlton Cancun has been sold to another hotel chain (they wouldn't tell me), and they are no longer accepting new reservations under bonvoy. My points reservation in November would not have been honored, although they said they would honor the reservation itself in cash (not quoted). The front desk of the hotel was confused why I hadn't been contacted yet.
I backed out of the RC reservation and switched to the JW.
Thanks to everyone here, for all your posts. They all help!
Old Aug 4, 2022, 2:08 pm

Personally, I won't return to CUN - based on recent events including this one which we got caught up in
Chaos Erupts In Cancun Airport Amidst Reports Of Gunshots (msn.com)
svo242 likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 3:51 pm

Programs: AC 35K, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, GHA Titanium, HH Gold, Centara Platinum
August 31st

"We can confirm that The Ritz-Carlton, Cancun will cease operating under The Ritz-Carlton brand flag as of August 31st, 2022. The owner company and Marriott International continue to discuss next steps"
- Taken from below

https://loyaltylobby.com/2022/08/04/...=MilesFeed.com
Old Aug 10, 2022, 11:22 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
This hotel is joining Kempinski from September 1st, representing an expansion of the brand in North America. It will operate as Grand Hotel Cancun - Managed by Kempinski while it undergoes a series of upgrades before a full rebranding as Kempinski Hotel Cancun by the end of 2022.

khabah
Old Aug 10, 2022, 2:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by khabah
This hotel is joining Kempinski from September 1st, representing an expansion of the brand in North America. It will operate as Grand Hotel Cancun - Managed by Kempinski while it undergoes a series of upgrades before a full rebranding as Kempinski Hotel Cancun by the end of 2022.

khabah
A very strange rebranding in my opinion since Kempiniski is mainly known in German speaking areas. I guess they plan on marketing themselves to German tourists instead of US tourists.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.