FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ritz-Carlton Cancun (Mexico) [Master Thread]
Old Jan 10, 2019, 10:17 am
luckee37

Programs: Delta Plat, Marriott Plat
RC Cancún - upgrades based on room category booked??

Checked in to the Ritz Carlton Cancún this morning and was hopeful for a suite upgrade because there was much availability online for the duration of my stay. However, I was told that they “only upgrade one room category from the rate booked.” Since I was booked into ocean “view” standard rol
, they offered an ocean “front” room.

I pushed her back and let them know that those were the old rules, not the new rules and that I should be able to get a suite. They relented and finally offered a suite, but only an ocean “view” suite. They said the ocean from suites are only available if I had booked an ocean front standard room.

First world problems, but it’s frustrating to see hotels continue to make this up as they go along. Statements like “if we let you upgrade to any suite, then we’d have to give you the presidential suite” are infuriating.” I know I’m only entitled to a standard suite, but if the ocean front suites are in the upgrade pool of standard suites, there should be no differentiation.

What’s really frustrating is that an ocean front suite was available (and in the upgrade pool - but only to those that booked ocean front rooms), and now I’m sitting here waiting several hours for my room to be ready. Ugh...