Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Cancun, Mexico [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 15, 2019, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Club 91 email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

JW Marriott Cancun, Mexico [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2021, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by omegadeal
Hi everyone - I have a club room booked with SNA applied for a chance at a suite. If the SNA goes through, would I lose the club access?
When I was there precovid March 2020, I contacted the concierge with the exact same question. Still retained access to the lounge. Plus my original booking included daily $50 credit which also carried onto the upgraded room. I would contact the concierge, just to reconfirm reservation. I plan to do the same when I return in December.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 10:22 am

Programs: UA1K
Family of 5 in one suite?

I'm looking to book for a family of 5 (2 adults - kids 16, 14, 10).

1) Can I book a suite and bring all of us?
2) any issue with 5 in the room if using sofa bed + rollaway?
Old Jan 7, 2022, 4:02 pm

Programs: AA, UA Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Amb
Has anyone stayed recently and used Club91?
Wondering if they have reduced services because of Covid-19.
Thanks!
Old Jan 8, 2022, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador

I am happy to report that my SNA cleared 5 days before check-in.

This is a very nice 1345 square ft. ocean front large suite.

Look forward to our trip to Cancun tomorrow.
mmayer and bizum like this.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 5:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by kb1992
How did you get SNA cleared?

I booked this hotel for Jan. 9-14, 2022. There is no option to apply SNA.

It says "SNA is not available at this hotel".

I am happy to report that my SNA cleared 5 days before check-in.

This is a very nice 1345 square ft. ocean front large suite.

Look forward to our trip to Cancun tomorrow.
Congrats. How did you manage to apply the SNA?

Enjoy!
Old Jan 8, 2022, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Congrats. How did you manage to apply the SNA?

Enjoy!
I couldn't apply SNA since technically I didn't have any SNA valid for 2022 in my account at that time before claiming elite choice benefits. I had SNAs valid until 12/31/2021 but they can't be used for 2022 stay.

Later all all my SNA got extended to 12/31/2022.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I couldn't apply SNA since technically I didn't have any SNA valid for 2022 in my account at that time before claiming elite choice benefits. I had SNAs valid until 12/31/2021 but they can't be used for 2022 stay.

Later all all my SNA got extended to 12/31/2022.
SNAs only got extended to Jun 30/22. If you have some that expire on Dec 31/22, they’re from your 2021 choice benefits.

Anyhow, glad your upgrade cleared.

I loved that hotel when I was there in Oct, even though my SNA didn’t clear. LOL
kb1992 likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

SNAs only got extended to Jun 30/22. If you have some that expire on Dec 31/22, they’re from your 2021 choice benefits.

I loved that hotel when I was there in Oct, even though my SNA didn’t clear. LOL
You are right. I just checked, I have 6 SNA left in account expiring 6/2022 and 10 more expiring 12/22.

Better use them

I emailed AMB service about the SNA and got this reply

================================================

Congratulations on your upcoming 35. Anniversary!

As per your kind request, I contacted my colleagues at the JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa and informed about your special occasion and asked to provide a recognition.

The Suite Night Awards are attached with a status Pending. As this is fully automatic process the system will start checking for the available upgrades 5 days before arrival and you will receive an update directly via email.

I am sure my colleagues at the hotel will do their best to offer you a memorable experience.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mmayer
Has anyone stayed recently and used Club91?
Wondering if they have reduced services because of Covid-19.
Thanks!
I was there over New Year's. I don't think anything was reduced. They offered breakfast from 7:30-10:30, lunch from 12-2, an afternoon activity like wine tasting (we never did these), dinner from 6-8, and open bar from 6-10. You can get mimosas (and I think bloodies) at b'fast, and beer at lunch.
Breakfast was fine, but most of the lunch/dinners were kind of blah. Lounge was a bit of a zoo over the weekend but quieted down by Sunday evening.
Note that Club91 comes with access to the spa wet areas, with sauna/steam/jacuzzi/relaxation room which were all open despite COVID. Not sure what they charge regular guests (who aren't getting spa treatments). We used that several days, which was nice and relaxing.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 12:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ahbitheman
Club 91 is an extra $1150 USD for 5 nights in December over New Years. I don't think that's worth it. Wonder if I can pay for it separately with the hotel versus trying to do it through the online tool. If I can't, I guess I'll just upgrade the Platinum continental breakfast for $12/pp and stuff myself to cover breakfast/lunch and then go for nice dinners at night. First time back in Cancun since I wet for high school graduation at 18. Will be going with wife and newborn so completely different type of trip lol
Haha, my first time back in Cancun since college spring break senior year. Definitely a different type of trip!
We paid $950 extra for 5 nights over New Year's, via a points+cash upgrade award. I think the daily surcharge for the club dropped from $250 to $150 on Saturday 1/1, so your stay was probably earlier (we were Thurs-Tues).
You definitely can't justify the price financially, unless maybe you're going to pound drinks at mealtimes and the evening, and eat all your meals there, and use the sauna/steam every day. But the food isn't that great (breakfast is fine).
That said, we had a great view from the top floor with the oversized balcony, so all-in-all I'm fine with what we paid, especially considering the value on the redemption.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 8:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Hankerdoo
I'm looking to book for a family of 5 (2 adults - kids 16, 14, 10).

1) Can I book a suite and bring all of us?
2) any issue with 5 in the room if using sofa bed + rollaway?
did you figure this out?
Old Jan 9, 2022, 7:08 pm

Programs: SWA
Had the ocean front suite upgrade last year....amazing room and balcony and view!

Walk to Porfirrio's, Harry's and Fred's for great dinners!

Mornings on the beach and then afternoons at the adult swim up bar...almost heaven
margarita girl and bizum like this.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by DOTK
Had the ocean front suite upgrade last year....amazing room and balcony and view!

Walk to Porfirrio's, Harry's and Fred's for great dinners!

Mornings on the beach and then afternoons at the adult swim up bar...almost heaven
Originally Posted by ijgordon
I was there over New Year's. I don't think anything was reduced. They offered breakfast from 7:30-10:30, lunch from 12-2, an afternoon activity like wine tasting (we never did these), dinner from 6-8, and open bar from 6-10. You can get mimosas (and I think bloodies) at b'fast, and beer at lunch.
Breakfast was fine, but most of the lunch/dinners were kind of blah. Lounge was a bit of a zoo over the weekend but quieted down by Sunday evening.
Note that Club91 comes with access to the spa wet areas, with sauna/steam/jacuzzi/relaxation room which were all open despite COVID. Not sure what they charge regular guests (who aren't getting spa treatments). We used that several days, which was nice and relaxing.

Report: Checked in the Ocean View Large Suite 1345 Sq. Ft. Upgrade cleared using SNA 5 days before arrival.

This is an impressive suite. Most beautiful ocean view. The best I have ever been stayed.

We originally planned 5 night stay Jan. 9-14. Since we love JW Marriott Cancun so much, I booked 2 more nights.

However, all large suites are sold out. Even Caribbean suites are not available because Jan. 14-16 which happens to be weekend.

After chatted with the hotel manager, he promised to do his best to get us an upgrade. This evening I am pleasantly surprised that we have been upgraded to a Club 91 Suite for the 2 additional nights.

Does this include Club lounge access, breakfast and dinner?
margarita girl and bizum like this.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Report: Checked in the Ocean View Large Suite 1345 Sq. Ft. Upgrade cleared using SNA 5 days before arrival.

This is an impressive suite. Most beautiful ocean view. The best I have ever been stayed.

We originally planned 5 night stay Jan. 9-14. Since we love JW Marriott Cancun so much, I booked 2 more nights.

However, all large suites are sold out. Even Caribbean suites are not available because Jan. 14-16 which happens to be weekend.

After chatted with the hotel manager, he promised to do his best to get us an upgrade. This evening I am pleasantly surprised that we have been upgraded to a Club 91 Suite for the 2 additional nights.

Does this include Club lounge access, breakfast and dinner?
If it's a Club 91 suite it includes it, yes. Congrats! Also includes spa access, which we made use of every day when we were there. The indoor people is great for doing laps and the spa area is super soothing (and has cucumber water, nuts and fresh fruits to relax, too)
​​​​​​
Old Jan 12, 2022, 8:35 am

Congrats @kb1992 ! I have tentative plans for Ritz Cancun in March, this makes me want to try my SNA's at JWM instead (my SO is pushing for Ritz)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.