Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Key Bridge Marriott, Arlington, VA (near Washington, DC) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Key Bridge Marriott, Arlington, VA (near Washington, DC) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2020, 11:02 am

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
Originally Posted by Ripley62
Selling those views as a condo likely are what will pay for entire project. I’ve alway been amazed how valuable those views were
Yeah, depending on amenities and fixtures- combined with views of Georgetown, River and Monuments they could easily be multi-million dollar condos
Old Nov 14, 2020, 11:41 am

Programs: Altitude E50K / *G
Originally Posted by Horace
However, Marriott should help you move your reservation to another hotel that meets your needs. The hotel should be as good or better. It should not cost you more.
Well I am part way there. I called the hotel and got transferred to reservations. They put me in Le Meridien but they could not get the same rate so they have sent a request to Le Meridien to adjust the rate. I will wait on a reply.
Old Nov 14, 2020, 12:17 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by dr_torch
Well I am part way there. I called the hotel and got transferred to reservations. They put me in Le Meridien but they could not get the same rate so they have sent a request to Le Meridien to adjust the rate. I will wait on a reply.
The Le Méridien has no responsibility to lower the rate for you. I suppose it's possible that their sales department could so so if they see a business justification for it.

Were you connected to the Marriott Reservations center or to the reservations department at the Key Bridge Marriott?

You had confirmed, guaranteed reservation at the Key Bridge Marriott, right? The Key Bridge Marriott will continue to operate as a Marriott, but will not be operating during the days when you have your reservation, right? Then the Key Bridge Marriott should be responsible to accommodate you at a comparable or better property at the same rate. They should have reached out to you.
Old Nov 14, 2020, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by dr_torch
If somehow this works out, then great, but otherwise, honestly is this kind of stuff worth your time? You're quasi-legally popping over for a few days in DC en route to Mexico during a time with no legal and economic precedent. Just rebook in ten seconds, cough up a few bucks, and mix your own margaritas instead of paying for overpriced ones on property. Some things aren't worth the hassle. Have a great trip and let us know how it turns out.
Old Nov 14, 2020, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Agree with all of this. LM in Rosslyn is good, Open Road is a nice spot for dinner and Bethesda Bagels for breakfast.

You could also stay at the Ritz in Pentagon City - not many times you're going to get any Ritz under $200 (looks like $175/night refundable or $145 non for your dates).
With regards to this RC property, it can routinely be booked for $159 or less on weekends. This has been the case for years.
Old Nov 14, 2020, 4:18 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
If I were you I'd still take the train to DC....even if ur not supposed to no one is really going to know or even stop u
Old Nov 14, 2020, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by cmd320
With regards to this RC property, it can routinely be booked for $159 or less on weekends. This has been the case for years.
That may be, since the property only exists as an RC to stroke the egos of Pentagon folks and defense contractors, who have no business on weekends. That being said, I'd be surprised to find it priced that low during the bulk of the normal March-October tourist season in non-apocalypse years.

Regardless, it doesn't really change my point, which is that there aren't many RCs that can be had at that price, and that it's probably worth a fifty-buck upcharge from the Key Bridge Marriott.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 7:23 am

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
I didn’t expect this hotel to open again in its current form, but I just walked by and it appears to be re-open. I checked some dates later this month at random and the rates were rock bottom, around $70 a night.
thewayofthefuture likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by River in Sight
I didn’t expect this hotel to open again in its current form, but I just walked by and it appears to be re-open. I checked some dates later this month at random and the rates were rock bottom, around $70 a night.
Yes, the plan was for it to re-open in the first few months of this year. Looks like the schedule is locked after the end of June but before then I see weekday rates ramping up to nearly $200/night. So perhaps expecting an partial return of govt contractor / consultant business back into Rosslyn. This property is the very definition of a productive, fully-depreciated asset, so why not wring a few more dollars out of it while they can? The operating costs probably are not very high.
ExArkie likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 6:22 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
I generally can find a decent Hilton rate for most of my travels and even had a $80ish rate at the HGI/Georgetown a few weeks ago. For an upcoming weekend that same hotel is $180 and the Key Bridge Marriott caught my attention @ $79. I’ll only be there for a night or two and have free parking near the Georgetown area and will probably just be walking while in town.

Anything I should be concerned about here?
Old Apr 29, 2021, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by birdiedouble
I generally can find a decent Hilton rate for most of my travels and even had a $80ish rate at the HGI/Georgetown a few weeks ago. For an upcoming weekend that same hotel is $180 and the Key Bridge Marriott caught my attention @ $79. I’ll only be there for a night or two and have free parking near the Georgetown area and will probably just be walking while in town.

Their bird crap collections.

David
birdiedouble likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 3:32 am

Easy and safe walk into Georgetown.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Few weeks ago I took a weekend trip to DC and stayed at a Hyatt property in Rosslyn and walked by this property on my way to Georgetown. Looking at the outward appearance of the building I thought it was an extended stay place. Looked like a few long term park RVs and other vehicles in the parking lot etc. Overall it looked rundown.
birdiedouble likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 7:16 am

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
I noticed this morning the sign is down and the hotel appears to be gone for good. I do have lots of fond memories here as my parents often stayed here when I was in college, however it was past its prime.

Old Sep 25, 2021, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Since it looks like I and others won't be having future opportunities to be a guest at the hotel, two posts of views from this hotel:

The nicer view

The not so nice/crappy view

David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.