Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Key Bridge Marriott, Arlington, VA (near Washington, DC) [Master Thread]

Old Oct 13, 02, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, AS Gold, HH Dia, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC

Looking for recommendations on any particularly impressive rooms at the Key Bridge across from Georgetown. Any bigger than average rooms? Any suites? Any success on upgrades? -- specifically on weekends. Thanks.
Old Oct 13, 02, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
In the dim recesses of my memory is a top floor suite (or maybe jr. suite) with a magnificent river view at the KB Marriott about 20 years ago, when the hotel was already, shall we say, mature. I've stayed there about a dozen times in the interim and never again saw hide nor hair of that suite.
Old Oct 14, 02, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No status no more, no where, no how.
Yes. Ask for an upper floor, corner suite, overlooking the Potomac and the bridge. I've stayed in the KB property many times in the past and highly recommend the view, which includes the Washington Monument.

You will probably have to pay for the upgrade, assuming such a room is available, as your profile indicates you are MR silver.

Good luck!
Old Oct 5, 04, 10:45 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Thumbs up Key Bridge Marriot

This was to be my first stay as a Marriot PLT and as it turned out - it would be on Priceline.
Following the advice on this forum,, I had called the hotel directly the week before to add my number to the reservation

Arrived at the hotel at 9:30 am on Sat morning after an all nite flight. They had preblocked a room on the concierge level but it was not ready ( well gee it was 9:30 am). I asked the nice man who was checking us in if I could get breakfast coupons while we waited ( the lounge was closed till Sun at 5:30pm). He promptly gave me two. We went in and had bkfst. At 11:00 we were done and the people had not checked out of the room yet. At that point I asked what the alternatives were as I really needed a nap. The only available room was on the smoking floor . I couldnt believe it - but he gave us that room to use until a nonsmoking room was available. Came down around 4pm and there was nothing on the conciege level ( no big deal - all I want is kind nonsmoking). They give me one of those and the PLT amenity card to fill out. Ask for delivery at 7pm. Went out sightseeing and to dinner with friends. Get back around 10pm- no amenity. No big deal- sleep time. Go down in AM and mention no amenity - fill out card again - and mgr gives me two more coupons for free bkfst. Have bkfst - out for day - up to lounge when it opens later ( very nice lounge, fresh seafood besides the normal cheese and fruit). Amenity not delivered. Call down and they say it will be there in 10 minutes. Never comes

Mention amenity at checkout at 4am. Yikes to 4am. Woman says there was a mixup. Works for me - asking for $100 on a PL stay would really be pushing it.

All in all a nice hotel with great front desk and lounge. Would recommend if you are in the Arlington area,

Should also mention it is very close to the Rosslyn stop on the metro - which made it great for sightseeing
Old Oct 6, 04, 7:09 am

Programs: DL Platinum, SPG Gold, MR Platinum Premier, Hertz PC, HH Diamond
jan_az -

Great to hear! I'm actually staying there in a week, so I'll be sure to look for the seafood in the lounge.

How were the rooms? Updated beds?
Old Oct 6, 04, 8:36 am

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Originally Posted by par8thed
jan_az -

Great to hear! I'm actually staying there in a week, so I'll be sure to look for the seafood in the lounge.

How were the rooms? Updated beds?
Yes the beds were updated and there was WIRED hispeed for a fee. The rooms were a little on the small side but not so much that you felt claustrophobic
Old Oct 6, 04, 9:39 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, United Club Life Member, UA *S
Originally Posted by jan_az
All in all a nice hotel with great front desk and lounge. Would recommend if you are in the Arlington area,

Should also mention it is very close to the Rosslyn stop on the metro - which made it great for sightseeing
This is one of the oldest Marriotts in the DC area, so the rooms are a bit small. But the location is really great - and great views from many of the rooms. Easy car access from both DCA and IAD, and easy public transit access from both airports too. Very close to the Rosslyn Metro stop, as you mentioned. And a short walk across Key Bridge to all the good stuff in Georgetown.
Old Oct 6, 04, 1:28 pm

Programs: CO- PLat
always liked this hotel. stayed here once or twice a week for about 6 years. just the right size everything - lobby, concierge lounge pool in the back. rooms are a tad small by some standards but you are not walking on your bed to get to the bathroom.

in summer though, the air conditioning is definately underpowered
Old Oct 6, 04, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Annandaler
This is one of the oldest Marriotts in the DC area, so the rooms are a bit small.
Not just one of the oldest in the DC area, but the oldest standing one in the Marriott family. The first one was the Twin Bridges, which was torn down due to the Pentagon & area construction. The Key Bridge holds a special place in my heart & is probably my favorite hotel. If you have the opportunity, go have either dinner or drinks & Sunday Brunch at JW's Steakhouse on the 14th floor - in terms of Arlington area hotels, this is the best view in the area. Sometimes, you can actually look down on the military helicopters that are flying along the Potomac river - way better view than the Doubletree in Crystal City & I think it's even a better view than the Hotel Washington downtown. We actually held the DC Happy Hour there a few weeks ago & had a great time. They even bought us a round of drinks! I highly recommend this hotel to any traveler to the DC area.
Old Oct 6, 04, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by bhatnasx
Not just one of the oldest in the DC area, but the oldest standing one in the Marriott family. The first one was the Twin Bridges, which was torn down due to the Pentagon & area construction. The Key Bridge holds a special place in my heart & is probably my favorite hotel. If you have the opportunity, go have either dinner or drinks & Sunday Brunch at JW's Steakhouse on the 14th floor - in terms of Arlington area hotels, this is the best view in the area. Sometimes, you can actually look down on the military helicopters that are flying along the Potomac river - way better view than the Doubletree in Crystal City & I think it's even a better view than the Hotel Washington downtown. We actually held the DC Happy Hour there a few weeks ago & had a great time. They even bought us a round of drinks! I highly recommend this hotel to any traveler to the DC area.
Ditto bhatnasx....ditto
Old Oct 6, 04, 8:16 pm

Programs: UA *G 1MM, AA Gold, MR Lifetime Titanium
Ditto, ditto

Agree with all of that... the manager of the steakhouse (Chris) is amazing -- always goes above and beyond. Definitely a great place for a meal or to host an event!
Old Oct 6, 04, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just checked their website - they have wireless in the meeting rooms & the common areas, just not in the guest rooms. I was thinking about it because when we had the happy hour there, we were debating whether or not we should bring a laptop with us for the US Airways chat - I think some people ended up meeting at gleff's office instead. The folks from US Airways actually came out that night to the Key Bridge & joined us for drinks. As for the rooms, since I live in the DC area, I haven't spent the night there in about 3 years (and that was for a bar crawl in Georgetown for a friend's birthday when I was in college - I remember that the bellman got us a limo for about the same price as taxi service that night), but they did actually recently complete a renovation within the past several months, so I imagine that the rooms are in top condition & I'm sure the beds are all the newer beds. I definitely still have dinner & drinks at the steakhouse every few months though - great food & a great brunch & you're right, FormerLurker, the manager & the staff do take very good care of you.
Old Oct 8, 04, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I too have great memories of the KB Marriott. I stayed there on my first ever business trip to the DC area (about 25 years ago) and somehow ended up with a penthouse suite that had a most fantastic view. It will never be forgotten and altho we have stayed there a number of times over the years, I regret that this hotel is not really convenient location wise for the business that we now do in Northern Virginia.
Old Nov 19, 05, 5:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
how much is internet at key bridge marriott?

Anyone know?
Old Nov 19, 05, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by magiciansampras
Anyone know?
$9.95 for 224 hours and includes all US long distance, if I remember correctly

Search this Thread
Search Engine: