FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Key Bridge Marriott, Arlington, VA (near Washington, DC) [Master Thread]
Old Nov 14, 2020, 12:17 pm
Horace

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by dr_torch
Well I am part way there. I called the hotel and got transferred to reservations. They put me in Le Meridien but they could not get the same rate so they have sent a request to Le Meridien to adjust the rate. I will wait on a reply.
The Le Méridien has no responsibility to lower the rate for you. I suppose it's possible that their sales department could so so if they see a business justification for it.

Were you connected to the Marriott Reservations center or to the reservations department at the Key Bridge Marriott?

You had confirmed, guaranteed reservation at the Key Bridge Marriott, right? The Key Bridge Marriott will continue to operate as a Marriott, but will not be operating during the days when you have your reservation, right? Then the Key Bridge Marriott should be responsible to accommodate you at a comparable or better property at the same rate. They should have reached out to you.