Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ritz Carlton Kyoto, Japan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2019, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
Expert Review (posted to Luxury Forum) from May 2018:

https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...-recovery-2624
Print Wikipost

Ritz Carlton Kyoto, Japan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:18 am

Update: Now you can book Ritz Kyoto for 60000pt per night!

However, I am not able to find any rooms available even paying with cash for the last 5 days of my booking so I can’t cancel and rebook. (I booked at 70000pt per night). I was only able to find rooms available for the first two nights of my stay...arrrgh.

60000pt per night is a STEAL especially at peak when room is at $2000/night. BOOK AWAY!!!
Old Aug 19, 2018, 3:38 am

Programs: SPG 100 Ambassador, LH M&M Senator, Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by musicscrip
Update: Now you can book Ritz Kyoto for 60000pt per night!

However, I am not able to find any rooms available even paying with cash for the last 5 days of my booking so I can’t cancel and rebook. (I booked at 70000pt per night). I was only able to find rooms available for the first two nights of my stay...arrrgh.

60000pt per night is a STEAL especially at peak when room is at $2000/night. BOOK AWAY!!!
You will be able to call in and reprice it without the need to rebook the whole reservation.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by jmj10
My husband and I were able to book 4 nights at the Tokyo Ritz, and two at the Kyoto Ritz with points over a two week period in the middle of this November (2018). We finalized booking in May.
note the redemption rate just went down to 60k per night. Go to the site and click “view/modify reservation”. Then click “edit room” you will see an option for update. It will give you your points back! I booked 10 nights at the same properties and just for 80k points back! Super easy only took a few mins and didn’t need to cancel/rebook or call in.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by tush17

note the redemption rate just went down to 60k per night. Go to the site and click “view/modify reservation”. Then click “edit room” you will see an option for update. It will give you your points back! I booked 10 nights at the same properties and just for 80k points back! Super easy only took a few mins and didn’t need to cancel/rebook or call in.
No way! I was wondering how to go about doing this... didn't want to take a chance cancelling, losing our reservation number with restaurant reservations and correspondence attached to it... Thanks for the heads up!
Old Aug 22, 2018, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by tush17

Except they've seemed to disrupt my account again.... I've been having about a 50 percent success rate logging into my rewards account with the merger.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by jmj10
Except they've seemed to disrupt my account again.... I've been having about a 50 percent success rate logging into my rewards account with the merger.
I had the same issues but tried again late last night when there is less activity and got it done no problem.

Good luck!
Old Aug 23, 2018, 3:48 am
Suspended

I was able to find reward rooms until March 31 2019 but I couldn't stay until then so I booked two rooms with points for March 21-28. The room rate for March 25 - 28 were showing at $1700 a night for me and it's higher than March 21-25.
Same here. I wanted March 31-Apr 5. But it appears, at least from what I'm seeing, that the entire hotel is sold out after March 31- some point in April. Hard to believe but I'm not surprised they cut off reward nights prior to Apr 1 given that that is peak cherry blossom.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 5:13 am
kkl

Originally Posted by kapooncha
Same here. I wanted March 31-Apr 5. But it appears, at least from what I'm seeing, that the entire hotel is sold out after March 31- some point in April. Hard to believe but I'm not surprised they cut off reward nights prior to Apr 1 given that that is peak cherry blossom.
Those dates have been sold out for a long time now. They are pretty much snapped up when the calender is released

It also looks cash rooms are also sold
Old Aug 23, 2018, 5:49 am

Programs: QRPC Plat; Marriott Plat; Hilton Gold
booked it for 26-30apr on points no issues
Old Aug 23, 2018, 6:14 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by kkl

Those dates have been sold out for a long time now. They are pretty much snapped up when the calender is released

It also looks cash rooms are also sold
I'm rather surprised that even all the cash rooms are sold out so far in advance for such a massively expensive property. Must be a lot of rich people staying there.

Hyatt Regency, while not quite the Ritz still had award rooms as of a few days ago for Mar 31-Apr 5. Snagged one.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

I'm rather surprised that even all the cash rooms are sold out so far in advance for such a massively expensive property. Must be a lot of rich people staying there.

Hyatt Regency, while not quite the Ritz still had award rooms as of a few days ago for Mar 31-Apr 5. Snagged one.
Disconcerning Japanese travel well. That's why suites are rarely available for upgrade into.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by salehir
booked it for 26-30apr on points no issues
Only last week of March and first week of April is ultra peak. All other dates are much easier to book.

We booked March 21-28 using travel package (so I don’t think i can get 10000pt back per night) as soon as the dates were opened up on Sun midnight (28-31March were also available) and it was sold out within 2 days from what I could see when I checked 2 days later.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 11:50 pm

Rooms are sold out on Ritz Kyoto official website for ultra peak end of March to first week of April *2 weeks* BUT it is still available for booking on Japan Traveler Online (around $1700 USD a night) if anyone is interested to go with cash instead of using points.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 1:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Rooms are sold out on Ritz Kyoto official website for ultra peak end of March to first week of April *2 weeks* BUT it is still available for booking on Japan Traveler Online (around $1700 USD a night) if anyone is interested to go with cash instead of using points.
You might as well slum it somewhere and go eat yummy o-toro tuna or Michelin stars every night!
kapooncha likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 3:05 am
Suspended

That's a crazy amount of money when I'm getting the Hyatt Kyoto for 20k points per night for those same dates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.