Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Pier One Sydney Harbour, Autograph Collection [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pier One Sydney Harbour, Autograph Collection [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2023, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Anyone stayed here recently? What's the breakfast and elite recognition like for Titanium Elites?

Thank you!
Old Jan 20, 2023, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by lsquare
Anyone stayed here recently? What's the breakfast and elite recognition like for Titanium Elites?

Thank you!
free buffet breakfast with 2 free cocktail drinks. Late checkout till 4pm was honoured. No room upgrade as it was fully booked due to new year night
Old Jan 20, 2023, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by naumanrahim
free buffet breakfast with 2 free cocktail drinks. Late checkout till 4 pm was honoured. No room upgrade as it was fully booked due to new year night
Is this hotel exempt from honoring late check-out?
Old Jan 20, 2023, 8:22 am

Well i meant i got 4pm late checkout
lsquare likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2023, 8:23 am

Well i meant i got 4pm late checkout
Old Jan 23, 2023, 11:31 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Just finished up a four night stay here. I was very impressed. Shamelessly stealing a certain someone’s review style….

Pros:
- the hotel management seem very switched on and generous towards elites. My SNAs failed and I was initially told a suite upgrade wouldn’t be possible, over chat. I asked again the next day and the manager, Sarah, said that their policy is to upgrade to the Hickson and Walsh Bay suites, and this wouldn’t be possible for the first night - however, she promised a Walsh Bay suite for the rest of the stay. The next day, we actually ended up being upgraded to the Opera Suite, although we only realised this later due to the app not ever updating to the correct room.
- the Opera Suite was fantastic, with a direct view of the Harbour Bridge and a partial view of the Opera House - I believe this is the only room in the hotel that affords this view of the Opera House. I loved the open plan design of the suite, the dual showers, and the abundance of natural light.
- the bed is very comfortable. On the softer side but I prefer this. I slept very well here, and I often don’t sleep well in hotels.
- air conditioning was highly effective in the suite.
- the large corner terrace off our room was truly one of a kind.
- breakfast is a full buffet with additional egg dishes and good quality barista coffee. They also do hotdogs on a grill at the weekend, with mimosas also available.
- staff are all very friendly and generally switched on.
-location is excellent for tourist stuff. You are round the corner from circular quay but it’s also rather quiet.

Cons:
- the hotel doesn’t have a gym or spa - it is very small though and I didn’t really expect this.
- chances of upgrades here are likely dismal as they have a mere handful of suites. We were very lucky after I asked super nicely.

My girlfriend and I really enjoyed this stay. The hotel treats elites very well and generally I feel like the management really “get it”.

Sorry, can’t post photos at the moment, as it always screws up on my phone.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has anyone seen this hotel go for less than 41k in the summer? Cash rate is about A$550/night.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 7:54 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Has anyone seen this hotel go for less than 41k in the summer? Cash rate is about A$550/night.
I had a reservation (which I cancelled) at the end of December 22 for 32K points. Looking to next summer I see rates below 40K as well.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by escapefromphl
I had a reservation (which I cancelled) at the end of December 22 for 32K points. Looking to next summer I see rates below 40K as well.
I'm debating if I should use cash or points. What would you do?
Old Jan 24, 2023, 8:50 am

I'm debating if I should use cash or points. What would you do?
Take a good look for a BRG opportunity before using points, especially of dates fall in the double qualifying nights period. I don't think tourism has fully rebounded yet in Sydney...
Old Jan 24, 2023, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Take a good look for a BRG opportunity before using points, especially of dates fall in the double qualifying nights period. I don't think tourism has fully rebounded yet in Sydney...
There is a double EQN offer?
Old Jan 24, 2023, 11:07 am

There is a double EQN offer?
I meant promo 2023 Q1/2 Global Promo: 1,000 bonus points & 1 bonus EQN per night, Feb 7 - Apr 23
lsquare likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So roughly A$225/night.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 8:28 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by Radiation Station
Just finished up a four night stay here. I was very impressed. Shamelessly stealing a certain someone’s review style….

Pros:
- the hotel management seem very switched on and generous towards elites. My SNAs failed and I was initially told a suite upgrade wouldn’t be possible, over chat. I asked again the next day and the manager, Sarah, said that their policy is to upgrade to the Hickson and Walsh Bay suites, and this wouldn’t be possible for the first night - however, she promised a Walsh Bay suite for the rest of the stay. The next day, we actually ended up being upgraded to the Opera Suite, although we only realised this later due to the app not ever updating to the correct room.
- the Opera Suite was fantastic, with a direct view of the Harbour Bridge and a partial view of the Opera House - I believe this is the only room in the hotel that affords this view of the Opera House. I loved the open plan design of the suite, the dual showers, and the abundance of natural light.
- the bed is very comfortable. On the softer side but I prefer this. I slept very well here, and I often don’t sleep well in hotels.
- air conditioning was highly effective in the suite.
- the large corner terrace off our room was truly one of a kind.
- breakfast is a full buffet with additional egg dishes and good quality barista coffee. They also do hotdogs on a grill at the weekend, with mimosas also available.
- staff are all very friendly and generally switched on.
-location is excellent for tourist stuff. You are round the corner from circular quay but it’s also rather quiet.

Cons:
- the hotel doesn’t have a gym or spa - it is very small though and I didn’t really expect this.
- chances of upgrades here are likely dismal as they have a mere handful of suites. We were very lucky after I asked super nicely.

My girlfriend and I really enjoyed this stay. The hotel treats elites very well and generally I feel like the management really “get it”.

Sorry, can’t post photos at the moment, as it always screws up on my phone.
Hah, what a great review style! I might have to steal this...
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 4:07 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Always essential to look for a BRG, but I do think Sydney does seem pretty lively these days, especially when there is a cruise ship in CQ!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.