Community
Wiki Posts
Search

W Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2013, 10:43 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Any recent Plat experience at this property (Have they got their act together yet)..Consider this property since I have a very good corp rate here (have very good corp rate at 4S aswellbut have status with SPG).
Old Apr 4, 2013, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by X-ON
Any recent Plat experience at this property (Have they got their act together yet)..Consider this property since I have a very good corp rate here (have very good corp rate at 4S aswellbut have status with SPG).
read through the past 50 posts @:-) and that will bring you up to speed on everything.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
If the gym and pool are not great at this hotel, right across the street in the Ascot you can find the Cascade Club which is the best health club in Bangkok. Maybe the best in Thailand. I was there today and it reminds me of the old Sports Club LA if you know that. I know a member but I'm not sure how easy it would be to use the facilities if you just walk in. But it can't hurt to try.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 10:00 pm
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
I'll be staying at the W this weekend.... suites seem to be all booked already. I emailed them yesterday regarding my SNA, but no luck.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 5:57 pm

Something unusual happened to my reservation.

I am about to leave to BKK and will be checking in at the W Bangkok in 6h. When I last checked my reservation yesterday, it showed that it had been upgraded from a Wonderful Room to a Cool Corner Room.
However, 5 minutes ago, I checked again and it's back to the original Wonderful Room...

I guess that means they just gave the last "best available room" out in the meantime?.... :-(
Old Apr 12, 2013, 5:59 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by enelym1978
Something unusual happened to my reservation.

I am about to leave to BKK and will be checking in at the W Bangkok in 6h. When I last checked my reservation yesterday, it showed that it had been upgraded from a Wonderful Room to a Cool Corner Room.
However, 5 minutes ago, I checked again and it's back to the original Wonderful Room...

I guess that means they just gave the last "best available room" out in the meantime?.... :-(
Did you see this thread?
Old Apr 12, 2013, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by stiwi
Did you see this thread?

Yes I did.
However my case is less serious. Meaning I did not apply my SNA on it. I wanted to but since this hotel changed its system sometimes between the day my reservation was made and the day I wanted to use my SNA, I was unable to apply on SPG. Called SPG. Called the hotel. All they managed to say was that there is a system glitch that want allow me to apply any SNA on this reservation. In the meantime my reservation number was changed too... Which explains some other issues I've had.

I am not expecting much as this would be a "simple" Platinum upgrade and I understand that there are no obligations per se to upgrade as they always add the "if availability permits" line.
I just find it frustrating that at less than 24H from check-in, I see an upgrade, which is then cancelled.

Oh well, not much that can be done anyway. Lets see how it works out once at the property in a couple of hours.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 11:38 pm

Received a really nice suite there (platinum upgrade).

Here some pictures:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.boardinga.../04/w-bangkok/

Last edited by youhavebeenupgraded; Mar 12, 2014 at 12:57 pm
Old May 6, 2013, 7:57 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Wondering how well this property fares against Le Meridien. I have a few K expiring and LM gives the best value with the Cash+points at 3,500+cash. St. Regis is not really worth the trouble since it's 10K+180USD but the current rate is only at 5500bhat.

I've been meaning to try W Hotel, but it seems like it's not a very good property to stay in based on the reviews on the thread. TripAdvisor has mixed reviews with many people liking the vibe of the hotel with nothing much happening around the hotel.

Should I just book W and give it a try or stick with LM? I only have less than 48Hrs since it's actually just a mileage run.
Old May 7, 2013, 1:21 am

Originally Posted by kesler.go
Wondering how well this property fares against Le Meridien. I have a few K expiring and LM gives the best value with the Cash+points at 3,500+cash. St. Regis is not really worth the trouble since it's 10K+180USD but the current rate is only at 5500bhat.

I've been meaning to try W Hotel, but it seems like it's not a very good property to stay in based on the reviews on the thread. TripAdvisor has mixed reviews with many people liking the vibe of the hotel with nothing much happening around the hotel.

Should I just book W and give it a try or stick with LM? I only have less than 48Hrs since it's actually just a mileage run.
I would go for Le Meridien.
It's a much better hotel all around, in my opinion, AND at a lower rate.
Old May 7, 2013, 7:26 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by jaejaez
I would go for Le Meridien.
It's a much better hotel all around, in my opinion, AND at a lower rate.
Thanks! I've stayed at the Le Meridien a lot of times and I really liked it, problem when I tried to book, they ran out of the points+cash rooms. So I guess it's W Bangkok for me.
Old May 8, 2013, 5:12 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
I just stayed at the W last night, used an SNA to get into a Wonderful Suite. Tonight I am in the LM.

I wasn't expecting much based on the reviews here, but I had a fantastic stay at the W and it is now probably my 2nd favorite Starwood hotel in BKK, the St. Regis being in the lead by a bit. I also very much like the LM.

The staff at the W were excellent, everybody very friendly and smiling, unlike how other posters have portrayed them. The breakfast buffet was very nice, too. The room was awesome. It is about a 10-minute walk to the LM from the W, so if you like the area of the LM, you can be there pretty quick, although I prefer to more low-key location of the W and the St. Regis.
Old May 9, 2013, 12:03 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by whimike
I just stayed at the W last night, used an SNA to get into a Wonderful Suite. Tonight I am in the LM.

I wasn't expecting much based on the reviews here, but I had a fantastic stay at the W and it is now probably my 2nd favorite Starwood hotel in BKK, the St. Regis being in the lead by a bit. I also very much like the LM.

The staff at the W were excellent, everybody very friendly and smiling, unlike how other posters have portrayed them. The breakfast buffet was very nice, too. The room was awesome. It is about a 10-minute walk to the LM from the W, so if you like the area of the LM, you can be there pretty quick, although I prefer to more low-key location of the W and the St. Regis.
Pics, please!
Old May 9, 2013, 12:34 am

Programs: Hyatt diamond, SPG Plat, Accor Gold
Yeah Pics will be appreciated since I am curious on the layouts of the various suites as well I am thinking of going over with my significant other for a day since she is a fan of W hotels, apart from the spectacular rooms, are the toilets in the other rooms just separated by just a curtain as well without any other dividers? If so then I guess we'll have to make this a pass..
Old May 16, 2013, 3:12 am

Here are few pics taken during my stay during Songkran 2013. The hotel was of course fully booked so SNAs did not work, Plat upgrades only got me a Spectacular room from the Wonderful room booked.

It was a good stay, lots of staff, friendly and nice. Some hesitations but really nothing serious.

Room was good, comfy bed, nice desk. I won't comment on the open bathroom concept once again, enough people talked about it already. The bath tub... .it's in plastic and it looks cheap... I wonder who chose this...?

Good breakfast but nothing fancy.

I would say it' a bit more than 10min walk to LM It is definitely walkable distance when the weather is not too scorching hot. But the location of the W is right next to the BTS and Train stations (they are 2 separate stations) "Chong Nonsi" (not sure about spelling) and during "normal" hours, you can walk through the office building and enjoy the air con . Otherwise it's just a short walk around the building.

I would still prefer LM for BKK. More eateries just outside the door, more things to do or see as well. But further away from Saladaeng BTS and Silom MTR station.
But looking at the rates, I don't see why I would pay 6000THB when I can get LM for 4000THB. It's a personal choice but LM will be my first choice there.

Here are the pics of the Spectacular Room and the swimming pool (before and during the Songkran wet party ).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.