Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriotts near National Parks?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2021, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by LoganFlyer
The hot springs near the North Entrance are really neat to see, but there's plenty to see by snow-based tours from the West Entrance as well. I just forgot those existed. Staying in Island Park makes perfect sense if that's your plan.
Oh those do look great, maybe I'll make the drive and spend two nights up there. Thanks for the tip!
Old Apr 9, 2021, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you xc ski both entrances have good trail options. You can snowshoe on some as well.
Drive to lamar Valley is quite interesting with lots of bison deer and occasional wolf sighting.

Book tours way ahead - everything was sold out when we went in feb and called a week or so ahead.
sethMCOflyer likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 3:37 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Originally Posted by FATFlyer
The exterior looks complete and they have been hiring.

The last delay/change of date was mainly due to a needed increase in capacity for the area sewer trunk line. Getting approvals from a rural county for infrastructure work in an unincorporated community plus dealing with Caltrans for permits to trench 1 mile of state highway pushed the previous opening date. That sewer work is finished.

My opinion is a June date looks like it can hold.
Did the just update the category from 3 to 4? It totally makes sense, as it was under-rated at 3, but I was hoping for at least one year at the Cat 3 level...
Old Apr 15, 2021, 10:44 am

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
Originally Posted by t1c
Nice I just booked Springhill Island Park..
You won't be disappointed; the SHS Island Park is rather nice.
Old Apr 15, 2021, 10:55 am
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by zakami
You won't be disappointed; the SHS Island Park is rather nice.
Great to know! Thanks!
Old Apr 16, 2021, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by GoSh4rks
Did the just update the category from 3 to 4? It totally makes sense, as it was under-rated at 3, but I was hoping for at least one year at the Cat 3 level...
I haven't paid attention but it makes sense as a 4.

Likely also a good sign that it will open for peak summer travel. Inside the park lodging is reduced this year and outdoor travel demand up. FAT is already close to 2019 passenger counts. But WN starting service this month and AA, DL, UA and others with new routes/frequency/capacity starting at Fresno in the next few weeks has the area travel industry expecting a jump in park visitors.
Old Apr 16, 2021, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by FATFlyer
I haven't paid attention but it makes sense as a 4.

Likely also a good sign that it will open for peak summer travel. Inside the park lodging is reduced this year and outdoor travel demand up. FAT is already close to 2019 passenger counts. But WN starting service this month and AA, DL, UA and others with new routes/frequency/capacity starting at Fresno in the next few weeks has the area travel industry expecting a jump in park visitors.
Just checked and reservations are now available starting April 30.
Old Dec 8, 2023, 3:56 am

Programs: LH SEN, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Has anyone stayed at the Fairfield Oakhurst, CA, just outside Yosemite? Looks like it's in a complex with a Holiday Inn Express and a Hampton Inn. So the developers diversified among several brands here. Reviews seem mixed, but got a good point rate for five nights next summer. And there aren't a lot of other options.
Old Dec 8, 2023, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by acjflyer
Has anyone stayed at the Fairfield Oakhurst, CA, just outside Yosemite? Looks like it's in a complex with a Holiday Inn Express and a Hampton Inn. So the developers diversified among several brands here. Reviews seem mixed, but got a good point rate for five nights next summer. And there aren't a lot of other options.
From what I've heard from my parents who have stayed there a couple? times on MMP: it's a standard new build FF.
Old Dec 9, 2023, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Just like most hotels close to National Parks or major sights, don't expect much and you'd be fine. I haven't stayed there (I stayed at either Merced or Fresno when heading into Yosemite before this hotel was built).
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2023, 8:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by acjflyer
I stayed here last year for a couple nights and I thought it was lovely. They gave me a high floor room with a nice view of the surrounding foothills. The hotel is very new, so everything was nice and modern with no weird glass walled bathrooms, barn doors or anything like that. They do charge for parking, which is a bit annoying considering that its neighbouring property does not. Staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful and the free breakfast was quite filling and more than satisfactory. Oakhurst itself is basically a one street town, but there are plentiful restaurants, gas stations and supermarkets, a lot of them within walking distance of the hotel. There was a nearby gas station that had rather tasty fried chicken! There is also an excellent BBQ restaurant across the street.

Just be aware that while it's a fairly short drive to the Yosemite gate, it's quite a drive to get to the valley floor and the heart of the park.

SPN Lifer, acjflyer, nacho and 1 others like this.

Last edited by Norexan; Dec 9, 2023 at 8:29 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.