Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Dubai, UAE

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Dubai, UAE

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2021, 5:05 am

Programs: Some
Is the EDITION ever going to open? Everything I've read still just says 'coming soon'.

Was hoping it would be open by Christmas, but have booked St Regis The Palm as a back up for now instead. Having read the reviews so far, I'm not sure that is the right choice! On the beach club, it appears they did start building it years ago but for some reason it just hasn't materialized yet - https://www.hotelnewsme.com/news/18959/
Old Sep 19, 2021, 12:33 pm

Edition is not slated to open until sometime in 2022. I heard they're busy making time-consuming last minute changes to the interior - answers on a postcard as to under whose instruction!
Old Sep 20, 2021, 12:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
So what is going on in Dubai? I have booking in LM Mina Seyahi Beach for end of October, roughly 600 AED per night, now when I checked current prices, it is at 5-6 times that much
Old Sep 20, 2021, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by honzeek_cz
So what is going on in Dubai? I have booking in LM Mina Seyahi Beach for end of October, roughly 600 AED per night, now when I checked current prices, it is at 5-6 times that much
THIS!
Old Sep 20, 2021, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by jaejaez
I see a lot of people claiming the EXPO is driving up prices, but it's running for 6 months. I can't imagine hotels sustaining these rates for so long.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by jaejaez
Originally Posted by SocialAdept
I see a lot of people claiming the EXPO is driving up prices, but it's running for 6 months. I can't imagine hotels sustaining these rates for so long.
its not just the expo....dubai is open for tourism & is accepting pretty much everyone now so hotels are starting to fill up....
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 7:18 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
Given the number of hotels in the area by Marriott. You will always find a nice property. I have a stay next week and have 4 reservations (yet to decide) and all under 800 AED per night. Also during January it will always be around 1000 AED per night.
I think it's the Expo effect. I live here in hotels and have seen all of the prices jump almost exactly on October 1. It's true that the tourist and business travel season gets busier the later in the year it gets, but tourism has been strong in Dubai for the past year but there are abrupt rate increases coming across the board in two weeks.

I suspect that hotels are expecting a bonanza for Expo but will be disappointed -- and rates will come down once they come to that realization.

Originally Posted by GVA
After 10+ bad experiences renting cars in the UAE I've given up on them unless there's no other way. I've had more horrible experiences in the UAE than any other country I've been to. All of the problems come from the franchisees the big rental companies use in the UAE. Problems have ranged from just trying to nickle and dime, not honouring reserved car type, giving me a car with almost flat tires, no maintenance, etc. Pretty much always mixed with bad service, yelling or threats to call the police.

In the end, hiring a chauffeur is pretty cheap, they are friendly and the hassle is pretty much removed.
I have driven rental cars here for years, and have to agree. Plus Dubai is one of the easiest places to take taxis. I suspect that parking at Expo will be inconvenient so a taxi would be a way to go to get there too.

Originally Posted by SocialAdept
+1
Old Sep 24, 2021, 2:26 am

Noticed there's a new Aloft at the airport that's supposed to be opening in October this year.

Anyone have any details/insights as to whether it'll actually be open in about a week? Have an early morning arrival into DXB early October and thought this would be a great place to get a few hours of sleep after landing.

Additionally this will be my first time in Dubai, was thinking of staying near Dubai Marina. Was looking at Grosvenor House based on some good reviews I've read. Would anyone who's more familiar with Dubai have any other suggestions?
We're looking mostly to just take it easy and do some touristy activities, all while staying in a nice area/hotel.

One thing I was wondering about GH, is there a lounge for plats and above? It's a luxury collection so there's also the choice of breakfast in restaurant as welcome gift?

Sorry for all the questions, trying to plan a last minute getaway!

Last edited by pentiumvi; Sep 24, 2021 at 2:37 am
Old Sep 24, 2021, 3:17 pm

In GH is 'terrible' lounge, pls. don't go - we will have more space for us.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 4:49 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
its not just the expo....dubai is open for tourism & is accepting pretty much everyone now so hotels are starting to fill up....
This does not explain rack rates at 1800 in February, 6 motnhs out!
Old Oct 16, 2021, 9:00 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
Staying for a conference that is going to be held at the World Trade Center. Never been to Dubai before. Which hotel offers good elite benefits … especially breakfast and club lounge access?

I might stay an extra day or two so I might switch for more touristy activities later. Any suggestions for that?
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by anaggie
Staying for a conference that is going to be held at the World Trade Center. Never been to Dubai before. Which hotel offers good elite benefits … especially breakfast and club lounge access?

I might stay an extra day or two so I might switch for more touristy activities later. Any suggestions for that?
The Grand is certainly the most convent however if you did not mind a little distance and wanted somewhere that offered good value in terms of elite benefits, I would recommend the JW Marquis.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 11:31 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
Originally Posted by pazza2000
The Grand is certainly the most convent however if you did not mind a little distance and wanted somewhere that offered good value in terms of elite benefits, I would recommend the JW Marquis.
Are you talking about the Grand Stay hotel or the Sheraton Grand?

How is the area for food and bars? Or some sort of nightlife?

Last edited by anaggie; Oct 16, 2021 at 2:55 pm
Old Oct 16, 2021, 9:04 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by pazza2000
the JW is a bet meh (I'm currently staying here). The hotel is very dated and lots of wear and tear (never seen something like it). And the service is not that much.
Old Oct 17, 2021, 3:11 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
the JW is a bet meh (I'm currently staying here). The hotel is very dated and lots of wear and tear (never seen something like it). And the service is not that much.
I had a stay after Christmas last year and share this opinion, didn't totally understand the love this hotel gets here really. It's huge and impersonal, as well as starting to feel dated in places. Queues everywhere when the hotel is full (check in, for lifts, for breakfast, to enter the lounge).

I think @pazza2000 means the Sheraton Grand, which is one of the closest hotels to the World Trade Centre (note the British spelling in Dubai :P). I have not stayed at the Sheraton Grand but it generally seems to get good reviews here, particularly for elite treatment. The next closest hotel would then probably be the RC DIFC, which I think is a decent hotel (definitely a lot better than the JWM) but often a bit pricey for a slightly dated RC. On nights where the price is in the 1,000 - 1,500 AED range I think that is a good option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.