Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Cape Coral Resort at Marina Village, Florida, Opened Dec '12 [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Cape Coral Resort at Marina Village, Florida, Opened Dec '12 [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2015, 4:41 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, SPG LT Plat & Plat 100, SWA A+ & CP
Originally Posted by reuthermonkey
Any recommendations on using an SNA here vs going with the Plat upgrade? I'll be staying there next month and am hoping for a great room..
Though I don't believe I've ever used them here, it could not hurt. every time I have stayed here, I have gotten at least a two bedroom condo style suite. They are incredible.

personally, I would write a note in that little "special requests" box on your reservation kindly asking for a two bedroom (or whatever) suite.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 4:59 am

Programs: SPG Plat, any airline I can transfer MR points to.
I would not waste a SNA here. As a plat you will be most certainly upgraded to a suite.

The wife and I have used this hotel a couple of times for our date night debauchery. We usually book whatever room is available on points last minute and we have always been upgraded to a one bedroom King suite with a full living room and kitchen. It's a shame we do not even spend the night!
Old Jun 26, 2016, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
Just finished a 3 night stay here, and I have to say I was very impressed. This is such a great summer time spot because there is now crowds here then. Was upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite, yes two bedroom. Was given a coupon for $40 off of breakfast, which will easily cover two people. Free boat transpo to the beach and I also got in some great fishing. Room rates for me were $121 a night. Superb deal.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 11:42 pm

Just back from a stay here - underwhelmed. The facilities look nice, but upon closer look, they're cheaply done, which I assume is due to the previous history of the resort.

There's significant construction going on, which was audible from our room starting around 7:15 am. We were put into a 1 bedroom deluxe suite, which seem to be about half of the resort. Since occupancy was low, one would think they could put us in a room that wasn't over the construction site . . .

Service was mediocre at best. Check-in was scripted, but failed to even mention anything included in the resort fee. No alternative amenity was offered for platinum. Internet access was included as platinum and in resort fee and as platinum but billed for it. The only redeeming service experience was Robert at the bar, who made recommendations on things to do, discussed things included in the resort fee, etc. - things that should have been part of the check in experience.

For those concerned about location, it is certainly possible to get to the restaurants of Cape Coral for dinner, etc., but it's not convenient. Due to the canals that connect everyone's home to the river, going to a resort that you can see from the Westin is a 15-20 minute drive.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 6:03 pm

Programs: SPG - Gold, Delta Silver, Continental Silver
The Unresort Resort

Just back from an overnight at this hotel. As a Gold I didn't find any real recognition of my status. Had to pay $50 for a 1 bedroom suite. They have tons of suites since this property was built as a condo.

Then we have the $25 Resort fee for a bunch of crap. Internet...which I should get free...a morning newspaper (come on!) and access to the pool and tennis courts. The pool is horrifically small and the other two pools you gain access to are located in a residential area of the resort that is a non-walkable distance away from your room. The best thing going is a free Water-Taxi ride that is included...a great value. Only when I checked in they said the boat was all full for the one day I was going to be there...so I was out of luck.

So...we're up $75 and then we had breakfast at their restaurant Marker 52...which was crazy expensive. My partner and I had two western omelettes with potatoes and wheat toast. A large glass of OJ $10. Each side of toast (that didn't come with the omelette) was $5 each. The total bill over $50 for a very small morning breakfast. I expect this at Hawaiian or remote resorts...but this is freaking Cape Coral, Florida.

What was a good rate $116 turned into $250 for one night...at a hotel that is frankly in the middle of nowhere.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 8:34 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 25K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz President's Club, VIA Premier
Any recent trip experiences here? Contemplating going down second week of December for about five nights of some rest and relaxation. Last we've been hearing is that Plats will be charged the resort fee and will have a $40 credit applicable to breakfast in their restaurant. Has anyone had any different experiences?

Thank you.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 5:49 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Not recent but just priced up a stay here. We are a family of 4 and headline rate was $108 however unlike many other US hotels by the time it had added the extra person charge and resort fee and taxes price was closer to $200. $40 additional person charge and $30 Resort fee are a little steep.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 7:05 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM, AA Gold, MR Lifetime Titanium, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond
Hidden gem? More like cubic zirconia. Just finished a multi-day stay here. No Titanium upgrade despite hotel's being seemingly nearly empty. No mention of the resort fee or what it covers until I asked as I was heading to my room. What does it cover? The pool. $30 a day for the option of using a hotel pool, whether you use it or not, is a bit obscene. As noted in the "full-service properties which fail to comply with the breakfast benefit," but not noted above, is that this hotel limits elite breakfast to fruit and bagels. No full buffet, no credit to order off the menu. Also not explained at check-in, when the question asked was "breakfast or points?" Rooms are tacky and not fully serviced. Internet extraordinarily slow. It's really hard to find anything redeeming about this hotel other than the weather. Easily the least impressive Westin I've been in in the US or elsewhere. Disappointing.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 7:18 am

any new updates? From their website:
  • Breakfast: Currently not available.
  • Lounge Access: Currently not available.
  • Welcome Gift: Currently not available.
  • Late Check-Out: Requests are based on availability.
  • Mobile Check-In/Check-Out: Currently available.
  • Mobile Key: Currently not available.
  • Mobile Dining: Currently available.
  • Mobile Guest Requests: Currently available.

Really! At 500 per night....
Old Dec 22, 2020, 7:30 am

* Cape Coral / Westin Resort at Marina Village / No Lounge; Cont'l brekkie; $8 upcharge to full hot buffet; 01/19 update is the latest update on the Lounge Thread....
Old Oct 12, 2021, 12:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards-Lifetime Titanium, Priority Club-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, United-Silver
My wife and I just finished a three night stay over the Columbus day weekend. We paid with three 35k certificates. We booked a bed with two beds and used three upgrade certificates. We wound up in a two bedroom suite with 2400 sq. ft. of living space accounding to the hotel. Because of the upgrade with invited our daughter and her husband and our 2 y/o grandson to join us. There is a $30/night resort fee. The hotel had a free water taxi that goes to Fort Myers beach, which we enjoyed. There are also three pools that hotel guests had access to including one on the property and two in their tarpon point rec center. For elites, the hotel offers a continental breakfast which can be upgraded for $3 to an american breakfast (eggs, bacon/sausage, potatoes, toast ). I thought the staff was very accomodating. Overall, we had a really good time and would go there again.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 11:28 am

Any recent updates? Looking at this hotel for spring break with two kids (8,10), and am liking the two bedroom room setup. We used to go to the Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island and they had a similar room setup but that resort has gone way downhill. The kids don't need a ton to keep them occupied, I figured between the pools, the beach at Fort Myers, and possibly chartering a boat one day we should have plenty. I realize this is totally not on the same level but I am also looking at the RC Amelia Island and the RC Naples Golf. Beautiful resorts, but the thought of having so much more room and the kids having their own sleeping area at the Westin has me leaning towards the Westin...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.