Search

Any Marriott deals lately?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2020, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Any Marriott deals lately?

Given the worldwide pandemic, have you found any cheap deals for global cities like Tokyo, London, New York, and etc.?
Old Mar 12, 2020, 10:40 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by lsquare
Given the worldwide pandemic, have you found any cheap deals for global cities like Tokyo, London, New York, and etc.?
Most of the premium Hyatt properties in Japan just went 3rd night free via Virtuoso or Prive. Haven't seen a lot from Marriott, but I am staying in Tokyo the week after next on a 4th night free STARS rate at the Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho. There's a 4th night free Virtuoso offer at RC Kyoto and RC Tokyo but those predate the COVID-19 panic.

I wouldn't expect significant rate reductions because the demand is less elastic than you think. Rather I expect more of these sorts of free night promotions that find their way to more affluent travelers booking through TAs who the properties hope will drive additional revenue through spa, F&B, etc, and more importantly, do not find their way to bookings for business travelers on Concur or whatever which will be made regardless of the price if someone's employee needs to be somewhere.
lsquare likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 8:56 am

Programs: None - previously UA
There are some great BRG opportunities out there for places with high capacity like Vegas etc, even many months out. I've booked one or two, but who knows if they will end up happening. And prices will likely keep declining as well.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 5:40 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
In Hawaii at least, the next 30 days shows amazingly low rates (for Hawaii). Then they slowly creep back up to normal the farther out you go.
lsquare and Jiatong like this.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 10:33 am

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
The daily rate algorithms ( reviewed by local revenue managers) are starting to show weekend weakness, even at resorts during spring break. But could also be more due to cancelled conferences & events.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Haven't seen any yet for stays I have booked through EOY.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by msp3
In Hawaii at least, the next 30 days shows amazingly low rates (for Hawaii). Then they slowly creep back up to normal the farther out you go.
I didn't checked for Marriott, but I see it for Hyatt.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 5:26 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
I did some quick checking of Marriott and Hilton (family) rates in Hawaii, Mexico, Las Vegas, Palm Springs, Napa/Sonoma, and Phoenix/Tucson. Best I could tell, rates were just what they've always been. Airfares are dirt cheap almost anywhere, but the hotels are clearly not in "gotta fill up these rooms" mode.
lsquare likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 5:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
Although "on the road" domestically, I haven't paid over $100 daily for the last week. If I couldn't modify an existing reservation I simply moved to another nearby property and saved a bundle. Obviously some get it and others don't.
Jiatong likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 12:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Since I was poking around on my account - which I hadn't done in a while - forgot that there's still an offers page (https://www.marriott.com/offers.mi).

For those FTers who are CY fans, there's an offer for 2K bonus points per night across 904 CYs: https://www.marriott.com/offers/cour...yday-off-39051

David
Old Jan 25, 2022, 8:22 am

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, AS 75k
Originally Posted by DELee
Since I was poking around on my account - which I hadn't done in a while - forgot that there's still an offers page (https://www.marriott.com/offers.mi).

For those FTers who are CY fans, there's an offer for 2K bonus points per night across 904 CYs: https://www.marriott.com/offers/cour...yday-off-39051

David
the problem with the cy offer is that it requires a special rate. So many hotels don’t have it and those that do have lower other rates like member advance purchase or aaa.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Is Mumbai a global city? Because they had five star hotels for cheap. Catch is actually getting there right now and catching a quarantine (this wasn’t a problem from Nov 15 to Jan 8).

A great rate in Tokyo wouldn’t be very useful right now since nobody’s getting in for tourism…
Old Jan 25, 2022, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by samosa
the problem with the cy offer is that it requires a special rate. So many hotels don’t have it and those that do have lower other rates like member advance purchase or aaa.
Understood. Simply wanted to note that the offer was out there if folks can take their best advantage of it.

David
samosa likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.