Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Los Angeles Airport (LAX), CA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 28, 2016, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Los Angeles Airport (LAX), CA

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2007, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
FYI if you are into airline crews they have Air Pacific, LTU, and Thai Airways (100 rooms) staying there.
Old May 15, 2007, 7:15 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
I have had consistently good to excellent stays at this property for at least a decade. I'm glad to hear bigguy had a good stay, but I have to wonder (again) why he keeps going back to the chain and specific properties he's had bad experiences with in the past!
Old May 15, 2007, 9:01 pm
Original Poster

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
great property - just needs NEW TVs desperately.....

i loove the CL there - food is amazing....
Old May 15, 2007, 9:45 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
I have had consistently good to excellent stays at this property for at least a decade. I'm glad to hear bigguy had a good stay, but I have to wonder (again) why he keeps going back to the chain and specific properties he's had bad experiences with in the past!
Well in this case it was greed on my part.I had an eeo cert to use,needed some nights for the mega,and it was either LAX or Aguora Hills.Since I knew the lounge at RenLax was open weekends and I could get cheap parking this property won.
Old May 16, 2007, 5:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
Well in this case it was greed on my part.I had an eeo cert to use,needed some nights for the mega,and it was either LAX or Aguora Hills.Since I knew the lounge at RenLax was open weekends and I could get cheap parking this property won.
I have no idea why anyone pays for parking at this property, I've never a problem finding parking within 1/4 block of this property on the street
Old May 16, 2007, 5:03 pm

Who says I parked at the hotel?
BTW-they are charging $17 a day for parking at this joint!
Old May 16, 2007, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by freeupgrade
great property - just needs NEW TVs desperately.....

i loove the CL there - food is amazing....
BTW the hotel changed ownership recently. Everything else is pretty much the same sans they changed the company that manages the parking. They only used to ask for your room number but now they ask for your name as well.

They need some more speed for their high speed internet as well. I did speak with the head of technology and they had just ordered T1.

IMHO the food offering on the club has been downgraded from last year. I haven't seen any salmon there recently.
Old May 16, 2007, 7:51 pm

So I'm not the only one who looks for salmon

Originally Posted by holtju2
IMHO the food offering on the club has been downgraded from last year. I haven't seen any salmon there recently.
Old May 16, 2007, 8:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
Oh no, I remember the salmon from my stay last November. I also remember that the guy at the front desk tried to say my EEO was not applicable because I had printed it from my computer. I had to go to the front desk to get a $100 coupon. Thankfully, the guy who accepted my EEO highlighted the part which said that it was acceptable.

BTW, do they still serve tenderloin in the lounge? I remember seeing that in my last stay.
Old May 17, 2007, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by VA1379
Oh no, I remember the salmon from my stay last November. I also remember that the guy at the front desk tried to say my EEO was not applicable because I had printed it from my computer. I had to go to the front desk to get a $100 coupon. Thankfully, the guy who accepted my EEO highlighted the part which said that it was acceptable.

BTW, do they still serve tenderloin in the lounge? I remember seeing that in my last stay.
There was a tri-tip with spanish rice one night,and kabobs(beef or very mild lamb)with basamati rice the next.Little individual plates of crudites,cheese platter,some low carb canapes,nuts and fruit.Made dinner out of this both nights.
Old May 23, 2007, 5:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K RCC, Marriott Plat Prem, Avis First
I'm there every week and rarely have had any issues with Renn. Montura LAX. I must admit though that the lounge offerings are not what they used to be. Yes, I find the broadband (slowband actually) severely lacking.
Old May 23, 2007, 7:31 pm

anyone else go to the lounge to use the internet access rather than pay in their room?
Old May 23, 2007, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
anyone else go to the lounge to use the internet access rather than pay in their room?
Better yet get one of the rooms/suites on 10th floor that have free access from the lounge!

Alternatively you can request one of the rooms that are facing 4 Points for their fee wireless access.
Old May 24, 2007, 4:02 am
R&R

Programs: 1K-UA/AA, LT PLAT-MARRIOTT(1984), HILTON-GOLD, HYATT-GOLD
Thumbs up Still acceptable!

Salmon was served a couple of times during several weekend stays in the last 3 months. But I will agree the preparation and presentation was much better for the hot food freshness last Fall.
I would prefer the Dining Room Breakfast on weekends, but make do with the Lounge offerings.
The improvements in the rooms and beds make for a comfortable stay, and is the preferred hotel when in LA. :-: :-: :-:

^
Old May 24, 2007, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by holtju2
Better yet get one of the rooms/suites on 10th floor that have free access from the lounge!

Alternatively you can request one of the rooms that are facing 4 Points for their fee wireless access.
actually when I said lounge, I meant the club lounge.. yeah, I used to do the 4Pt rooms (facing) but it seems lately the signal has either been blocked or at least reduced, i'm having a tougher and tougher time getting a signal in the Ren from the 4 pts..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.