Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Los Angeles Airport (LAX), CA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 28, 2016, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Los Angeles Airport (LAX), CA

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2004, 8:28 am

Programs: DL DM 1MM, MR Plat Premier, Nat'l Exec Elite, Hilton Diamond
I agree with Aaupgrade. There is a full service liquor store there. Granted not the best area, but it's not South Central either. Go during the day light hours. Make it look like you know where you're going, get it & get back to the luxury of the Marriott.

If you look like a victim, you probably will be.

Mike
Old Dec 17, 2004, 8:48 pm
Suspended

Best Marriott for an Overnight at LAX?

I may be having an overnight stay at LAX on return from an international award ticket. By the time we clear customs and all, we'll probably be checking in at 7:00pm and then leaving the next morning around 6:00. What's our best option? Anything connected to the airport so I wouldn't even have to get on a shuttle?
Old Dec 17, 2004, 10:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I'll beat everyone to the punch by saying 'do a search' as the ? has been asked many times...

Having said that & cuz you did ask a specific ? re: on-site prop, I'll answer. No, nothing is connected to the airport. ALL hotels (re: of chain) require a shuttle.

Having said that, there are sev Marriott brand hotels w/in 10 minutes of LAX & at that, I'll let you do a search of the Marriott website using 'all brands' as your criteria. Anything from LAX to El Segundo to Manhattan Beach to Marina del Rey will be fine.

Cheers. Sharon
Old Dec 18, 2004, 5:45 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Renaissance LAX

or Marriott LAX would be my first two choices hands down for the time you mention

they are both very very close to LAX.. both have very frequent shuttles.. prices are right too
Old Dec 18, 2004, 11:48 am

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
I'll offer a strong recommendation for the LAX Renaissance over the LAX Marriott. IMO the entire property is a notch or two above.
Old Dec 18, 2004, 11:50 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
LAX Renaissance

LAX Renaissance is the nicer of the two properties as it is newer and they just completed a renovation on top of it. During the renovation they upgraded all of their beds resulting in the LAX Renaissance having some of the best hotel beds I have ever slept in; better than Westin's heavenly bed IMO. The Marriott is older and its rooms seem a bit dreary and in need of maintenance. Also Concierge lounge is nicer at the Renaissance, although the Marriott Concierge lounge has eggs for breakfast, but that does not offset the quality differences between the hotels IMO. These two hotels are right around the corner from each other. Both have shuttles from the airport. Although this last comment does not apply to your situaiton the Renaissance has its own parking garage which means you will get points for the parking charges made to your room; whereas the Marriott's parking lot is outside and a contract lot meaning that you will not receive any points for parking charges made to your room.
Old Dec 18, 2004, 8:38 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
park on the street

one reason I stay at the Renaissance is that I can park on the street right next to the hotel, never had a problem finding a spot or just parking there.

I do agree this is a nicer hotel than the Marriott LAX.. and all things being equal or close to equal, choose the Renaissance LAX

these are nice beds

Last edited by bdschobel; Jan 4, 2006 at 6:25 am Reason: no need to repeat previous post
Old Dec 18, 2004, 9:00 pm

Programs: US 1 Mar Plt Hertz PC
I also agree with the LAX Ren, although I recall having a decent stay at the LAX CY a few years ago if you want to save some $.
Old Dec 18, 2004, 11:55 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
As you won't be spending much time at your LAX hotel, I would choose based on price.

If there is not much price difference, then I would go for the LAX REN.
Old Dec 19, 2004, 12:15 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

If you don't mind springing for a 15 minute taxi ride, go to Marriott's LeMarigot in Santa Monica. You'll have enough time for an incredible dinner at Capo (expensive) , which is next door and perhaps a walk on the beach afterwards or before. Just another option, albeit a more costly one. You will also breathe some good fresh ocean air from your room and it will be far nicer than staying in an airport hotel.
Old Dec 19, 2004, 10:18 am

Programs: former UA1K, Marriott/Hilton Silver
Manhattan Beach room renovations

Will be staying at Manhattan Beach Jan 15th-17th, web site speaks of room renovations ongoing and completing Jan 15th, any recent experiences with renovations? Thanks.
Old Dec 19, 2004, 7:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
The Manhatten Beach Marriott is where I often spend the night prior to a flight out of LAX. The hallways on the renovation floors have the smell of new carpet, other than that I had no issues. The new bedding package in the renovated rooms is much better than the old beds in the unrenovated rooms.
Old Dec 20, 2004, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Based on the fact that you're coming off of an intl. flight (I'm guessing in a premium cabin), and especially because of your very early departure the next morning, I imagine that a basic night's sleep is the goal, not elaborate restaurant meals etc.

If my assumption is correct ,there's a perfectly fine Courtyard just across Sepulveda Blvd. from the airport entrance. Physically, it's the second closest hotel to the airport (the Wyndham, across the street, is the closest).

The roads are a little tricky around the LAX entrance, and the terminals are set back from the entrance point, so I don't know if walking is an option. The shuttle is very quick, though.
Old Dec 20, 2004, 7:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Plt Prem, CO Plt, AA Gold
Century Blvd CY

I stayed a night here and got an upgrade to a very nice suite with large Jacuzzi tub. This property has been renovated in the new CY design and its real sharp. Its also very close to the entrance to LAX, second one from the airport, almost walking distance.
Old Dec 20, 2004, 7:57 pm
Suspended

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll probably do the Renaissance on an award stay if my waitlist on the red-eye doesn't clear.

This thread begs the question though: How can an gateway airport like LAX NOT have a concourse hotel? Seems like there's money to be made. Is it just a lack of space so they've got no room to build anything?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.