Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Pattaya, Thailand

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Pattaya, Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2017, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by skiman8808
Looks like marriott is losing its CY at South Pattaya. Was planning a visit for end of Apr.
The property will no longer be a marriott after 10 Apr 2017.
Sadly, only after 2 years.
Hope Marriott comes up with another property soon. Beside the one in Jomtien which is so far away.
Thanks for posting. I hadn't stayed at the CY, but it was good to have it as an option.

I do really miss the FS Marriott though.

And I would be hesitant to call the new one as Jomtien. More like Satahip...it is way out there.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 5:37 pm

Programs: Marriott LP
Unfortunately, there is no link. You can check on the site, one is not able to book any rooms from 8 Apr onwards. I even call the hotel and ask if hotel was running full during my intended period. And she told me the owner was taking it back.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 8:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Received this from a FT friend:

"Someone posted that no points/cash at this hotel after 9 April, which is true as it's defrlagging.

What will happen to current reservations is unknown, but this Thai language article says that a new now under construction Courtyard will be opened in North Pattaya but no date announced (until today I had not heard anything about this other CY)."

Old Mar 17, 2017, 11:36 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Not being judgemental or anything, but the title gets me every time - family & Pattaya in the same sentence!!!

Marriott-family hotels in Pattaya, Thailand ...
Old Apr 2, 2017, 6:08 pm

Programs: AA(EXP)UA(1K/1MM) Marriott(PP,LifeTime Plat) Hertz(5*)
Unfortunately, there is no link. You can check on the site, one is not able to book any rooms from 8 Apr onwards. I even call the hotel and ask if hotel was running full during my intended period. And she told me the owner was taking it back.
Owner taking it back or Marriott revoking their franchise?

I have stayed there once. Just once. It is a dump. The caf a bigger dump. The the batteries for the lock in my room died and the staff had to drill holes in the door to let me in. About an hour long process to get back into my room at 10pm at night.

Sad that there is no more Marriotts left in Pattaya but this one is a good riddance.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 10:17 pm

Programs: SPG, Etihad Guest, EK Skyawards, Thai ROP, MR Silver
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Received this from a FT friend:

"Someone posted that no points/cash at this hotel after 9 April, which is true as it's defrlagging.

What will happen to current reservations is unknown, but this Thai language article says that a new now under construction Courtyard will be opened in North Pattaya but no date announced (until today I had not heard anything about this other CY)."

During the period of the Big C North Pattaya/ Central Marina renovation there was a small sign that said Marriott as well. Now that all the development is done it is no longer there. Terminal 21 will have a Grande Centre Point hotel as it is their brand. I will go back and have a scout for any more signs of a Marriott.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 12:07 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald), PC Platinum, HH Gold
Looks like marriott is losing its CY at South Pattaya. Was planning a visit for end of Apr.
The property will no longer be a marriott after 10 Apr 2017.
Sadly, only after 2 years.
Hope Marriott comes up with another property soon. Beside the one in Jomtien which is so far away.
That is a huge disappointment. I have a 7 night certificate for Category 1-5 hotels and Pattaya is my holiday destination and was hoping to book 7 nights there in June.

I don't really want to waste 7 nights in Hua Hin as I would be bored to death and Thailand is my holiday destination. Maybe Phuket but I have not been there since 2003 and not too keen on repeat visit. Perhaps Phang Nga bay? Need to do some research on the number of golf courses in the area.

Originally Posted by catocony
1) Pattaya is a dump.
2) The Courtyard is a dump in a dump.

Stay in BKK and be happier. You won't miss the crowds of Russian and Chinese tourists and retirees that haunt every inch of Pattaya.
Is that right? Pattaya also happens to be one of the best golf destinations in Thailand with some of the best walk up organised golf. I have been playing golf there for 12 years visiting 4-5 times/year.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 6:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & LTP, Hilton Diamond (Aspire card), Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold (almost free agent)
Originally Posted by JohnK
That is a huge disappointment. I have a 7 night certificate for Category 1-5 hotels and Pattaya is my holiday destination and was hoping to book 7 nights there in June.

I don't really want to waste 7 nights in Hua Hin as I would be bored to death and Thailand is my holiday destination. Maybe Phuket but I have not been there since 2003 and not too keen on repeat visit. Perhaps Phang Nga bay? Need to do some research on the number of golf courses in the area.

Is that right? Pattaya also happens to be one of the best golf destinations in Thailand with some of the best walk up organised golf. I have been playing golf there for 12 years visiting 4-5 times/year.
You should feel better now! You are wasting your 7 night certificate for reward stays in CY Pattaya if it's still in Marriott family. It's not in the same league as CY Bangkok. Room is dump and location is not good either. No lounge and a lot of noisy group tour guests from India and China, plus so so breakfast. One plus if you book via cash, it's very cheap and that's why. I stayed there once 2 years ago and never came back. Actually after my first stay, I cancelled all my future stays even with some amazing room rate (less than 1400 THB) after Look No Further - BRG.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 9:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Renaissance Pattaya Resort & Spa opening September 2017.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by tomwhom
You should feel better now! You are wasting your 7 night certificate for reward stays in CY Pattaya if it's still in Marriott family. It's not in the same league as CY Bangkok. Room is dump and location is not good either. No lounge and a lot of noisy group tour guests from India and China, plus so so breakfast. One plus if you book via cash, it's very cheap and that's why. I stayed there once 2 years ago and never came back. Actually after my first stay, I cancelled all my future stays even with some amazing room rate (less than 1400 THB) after Look No Further - BRG.
I wouldn't be booking Courtyard if it wasn't for 7 night certificate. It is too far from the bar where I play golf.

Renaissance Pattaya Resort & Spa is even further away in Jomtien. Confused why they are using Pattaya in the hotel name.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 7:23 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Platinum
I wouldn't be booking Courtyard if it wasn't for 7 night certificate. It is too far from the bar where I play golf.

Renaissance Pattaya Resort & Spa is even further away in Jomtien. Confused why they are using Pattaya in the hotel name.
That Renaissance really is a long way---I would not stay there unless it was for a romantic getaway. That must be the market they are pursuing.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 8:03 am

Programs: UA Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium
Are you one of the Retox Bar golfers?
Old Apr 20, 2017, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by catocony
Are you one of the Retox Bar golfers?
No. I played from Witherspoons once last year. Haven't been to the new bar.

I play golf with a bar/restaurant just off Second Road opposite Highfive hotel. It is called Golden Ferret Golf Society. Wife loves the street food around Soi 7 & 8 and we usually stay in Soi 8.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 2:41 pm

Programs: UA Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium
Ok. The bar gang golf outings seem to be a big deal there with the Brits and Aussies. A lot of the pubs seem to have outings lined up every day.

Last edited by catocony; Apr 30, 2017 at 8:49 pm
Old Jan 3, 2022, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Just noticed a new addition to Marriott in Thailand, slotted for opening in March of 2022.

Courtyard North Pattaya CAT 2
240/44-45 Soi Naklua 22, Moo 5, Naklua, District Bang La Mung Pattaya, Thailand 20150
Puts it just North of Dolphin Circle. I am am pretty sure this is new construction.

1 floor, 221 rooms, 12 suites (Find it hard to believe that it is only 1 floor...)
Swimming Pool with Pool Bar
"...Club rooms and Suites provide Executive Lounge Access..."

While not the best location for me personally, it is great to have an option here again.
(And will once again say how much I miss the former Marriott FS in the city center...)

https://www.marriott.com/search/hote...rshaCode=PYXNP

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.