Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Riviera Marriott Hotel Cap d'Ail (Monaco)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Riviera Marriott Hotel Cap d'Ail (Monaco)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2017, 10:20 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro (LT Gold), Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium, National Exec,Hyatt,Melia, BA Exec, Iberia+
Haven't stayed there in a long time, but I'm pretty sure from pictures shared on Instagram that top members of the USA Track and Field team stayed there this month for a meet in Monaco. Household name with big sponsorships (not sure if naming would be kosher as they didn't mention the hotel), but it made me think the hotel must have had some big renovations for them to stay there.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 6:58 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by TheMan
Having just come from Paris and the La Defense Marriott, I would have to say that even though this hotel was rated a Four Star(who does the ratings, the blind?) it would be more between a 2 and 3 star.
I agree that Marriott's self-ratings aren't great, though France actually regulates its hotels with a decent rating scheme enforced by a government or quasi-governmental entity.

See here:

Completely overhauled in 2009, the new hotel rating system now has five categories, ranging from 1 to 5-star hotels. The criteria used to rate hotels are now more demanding, and concern facilities, services, handicapped access, and sustainable development. They are furthermore verified by independent auditors every five years.

http://uk.france.fr/en/information/n...-rating-system
Here are the ratings:

1-star (*) "economic": The minimum size of a double room must be 9 mē, excluding bathrooms. These can be private or common.

2-star and 3-star(** & ***) "mid-range": In these hotels you will find staff who speak at least one official European language in addition to French. The reception is guaranteed at least ten hours a day. The minimum surface area of ​​the double room is 9 mē, excluding toilets for the 2 stars and 13,5 mē, with sanitary facilities, for the 3 stars. The difference with a 1 star hotel is also judged by the surface area of ​​common areas, especially the lounge, at least 50 sqm in a 3 star hotel against 20 sqm in 1 *.

4-star and 5-star(**** & *****) "high-end" and "very upscale": The rooms are spacious, at least 16 mē, bathroom included, in 4 stars, and 24 mē in 5 stars. In hotels with more than 30 rooms, reception is provided 24 hours a day. Two foreign languages, including English, are required in a 5-star hotel, as well as room service, accompaniment to the room And the possibility of dining at the hotel. Other amenities include 5-star amenities such as valet parking, concierge services, and special in-room amenities such as a safe and Internet access. Air conditioning is mandatory.

https://www.classement.atout-france....gagements-cles

Last edited by hockeyinsider; Jul 31, 2017 at 7:03 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.