Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Boston, MA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Boston, MA

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2012, 9:36 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM; MR Gold
Renaissance Boston Waterfront - mini trip report

I recently completed a second stay at the Renaissance Boston Waterfront and am very pleased with the property.

First, the room: big and spacious, nice bright beach colors, crisp linens, lounger and chair with ottoman, 42" flat screen and a big bath with large walk in shower. Wall-to-wall windows and I had a waterfront view on both stays, one with a fabulous view of the Boston WTC.

Second, the lounge: Large, spacious space with an excellent view of the waterfront. Breakfast was very generous with scrambled eggs, sausage and grated cheese, a fresh berry mixture (blue, ras, straw and black), sliced cantaloup, honeydew and pineapple, and the standard muffins, bread, cereal and freshly squeezed OJ. Evening offering included some sort of hot appitizer, cheese and crackers and an honor bar. Desert included with brownies, blondies and cookies.

Third, the location: Renaissance is not directly on the waterfront, but across the street from the restaurants that are on the waterfront. The hotel is a 5 minute walk from the Boston WTC and a 15-20 minute walk from South Station and maybe a 30 minute walk to the aquarium (guessing, as I did not walk it). Restaurants within a 5-10 minute walk include Legal Seafood, Legal Test Kitchen (LTK), Mortons, Barking Crab, Whisky Priest, Salvadors, Del Friscos, [a new upscale Mexican restaurant on the waterfront - sorry, I forget the name], Tamo and Aura in the Seaport hotel. BUT, my favorite is Yankee Lobster - it's more of a lobster shack than a restaurant, but I had a garden salad with A LOT of lobster meat on it for $17 and it was fabulous (and they serve beer on premises). It's just past the Bank of America pavilion, and if you are outside in the area, you can hear the concerts (Stevie Nicks and the B52 were there last week).

My comparisons in Boston are limited - only the Nine Zero, Langham and Seaport - but I will choose the Renaissance on future trips. Full disclosure - the weather was fabulous on both recent trips so walking was very pleasant.

Last edited by waterbug111; Jul 15, 2012 at 8:19 am Reason: Spelling mistake
Old Jul 15, 2012, 10:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by waterbug111
Second, the lounge: Large, spacious space with an excellent view of the waterfront. Breakfast was very generous with scrambled eggs, sausage and grated cheese, a fresh berry mixture (blue, ras, straw and black), sliced cantaloup, honeydew and pineapple, and the standard muffins, bread, cereal and freshly squeezed OJ. Evening offering included some sort of hot appitizer, cheese and crackers and an honor bar. Desert included with brownies, blondies and cookies.
Is the lounge open on the weekends? If not, is it key accessible for soft drinks? Is there free wi-fi or an i-net terminal in the lounge? Please advise & I'll update the exec lounge sticky. Thx!

Cheers.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 5:22 pm
Suspended

Stayed here last week on a BRG rate of $119 with tax and parking it came to $136.00

Parking overnight is $9.00 and there appears to be a shuttle bus to the T which is nearby in any event. Fitness room was 24 hrs and was nice and cold with an indoor pool in the next room.

Concierge Lounge had a pasta dish with meatballs and cheeses. At 7:30 PM there were cookies and brownies and other sweets provided. Thisi lounge seemed to be populated with a number of people who actually stayed there and socialized, as well as people working on laptops -- I know because I returned to get desserts for my wife who was arriving later. Lounge attendant was quite nice, as were those in the morning with standard breakfast fare on offer.

Room was updated and I was given a view of Boston but not provided with any other upgrade other than Concierge Level as a Platinum. Requested Frig was promptly sent up. Unfortunately, although the thermometer read at 60, the air was coming thru at 69 -- so if you feel warm, have them send up engineer early. I requested and was sent up a box fan to further cool me. I liked the hotel, even though I had a problem with cooling the room as the staff were nice.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 2:07 pm

First time to Boston

Currently have reservations at Marriott Renaissance Waterfront and Marriott Copley - I am a platinum member - help me make a choice. Thanks.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 2:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist;Bonvoy Lifetime Titan ; Hilton DIA (amex); AA Plat
Renaissance is brand new and in a great area- the seaport district with great restaurants on the waterfront.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 2:45 pm

I just stayed last month at the BOS Courtyard at Copley Square and really liked it.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 3:54 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
I would agree with this.... great restaurants and the views when walking are great.

Originally Posted by I 40
Renaissance is brand new and in a great area- the seaport district with great restaurants on the waterfront.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 6:29 pm

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
Copley has a lot of shopping, restaurants, nightlife.

Waterfront has more activities, walking paths, and also restaurants.

Both are only a few stops on the T from each other, and you will and should visit both at least once no matter where you stay.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 3:39 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
This time of year should be at the waterfront.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 4:42 pm

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by juluca
This time of year should be at the waterfront.
How about end of September?
Old Jul 23, 2012, 4:27 am

The parking attendants for the Boston Marriott Copley Place insisted on “searching” the trunk of my rental car. (This was a few years ago, before the “Craigslist Killer” killed guest and “Internet masseuse” Julissa Brisman inside the hotel.)
Old Jul 23, 2012, 6:28 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
between the 2 I would pick the Ren...but if I had an option, I would pick Long Wharf over either. JMO, as you can see, everyone has a reason for their "favorite"....

I like Long Wharf location and CL Club...
Old Jul 23, 2012, 6:34 am

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
What about hotel hopping to renew status?
Old Jul 23, 2012, 3:25 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat MM, UA MM 1K, MR Titanium Lifetime
The Renaissance Boston Water Front is in the new Seaport district. If you are planning on a location near all the Boston sights, I will not stay there.
It may be a 15-20 min walk into Boston if you walk, along the way you will pass by the "subway station" for the Silverline, which is really a bus.
Don't get me wrong, it is a great new location for the harbor view, but besides restaurants around the hotel, there isn't much there.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 4:09 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by slocouple
What about hotel hopping to renew status?
How is that going to help? Marriott status is earned by number of nights, not stays.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.