Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Saigon, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 7, 2015, 12:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DaveMidknight
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Club Lounge address: [email protected]

Club Lounge (As of February 2018)
Print Wikipost

Le Meridien Saigon, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2018, 1:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I was just there this week. Agree that it's a very good hotel. I like the modern design. The lounge is excellent with very good evening food selection.

HOWEVER, I was so disappointed with sound proofing. I had a room on the top floor. There was apparently a big soccer match that Vietnam won on the night was there. There was non stop car honking and chanting outside and I would hear it loudly past midnight! I had an early flight and had to be up at 5 am. So it was extremely. I talked to the night manager and was basically told there was nothing that could be done.

I really loved the hotel but at the end of the day, a hotel room is for sleeping. So in that sense, it failed miserably.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 9:53 am

Does anyone know why they don't allow reward redemptions for the second week of May? I am trying to book and it says "Were sorry. This property is not taking redemption bookings at this time. You can either book a cash reservation or search for another property." Should I contact someone or just look elsewhere?

Edit: Other dates seem to work for single nights, however, when I try to redeem 5 consecutive nights I get the "We're sorry" message.

Last edited by Too_Fly1; Dec 29, 2018 at 10:01 am
Old Dec 30, 2018, 5:13 am

Programs: Thai, Cathay, Lufthansa, Delta, SPG, Hilton, IH, LHW
SPO3, the night you stay, Vietnam won the Asian Football Cup. They may have had over a million people downtown celebrating it. That kind of celebration, for having lived in Vietnam, is way more noisy than even the New Year Eve. I can understand it's not pleasant not to be able to have a good night sleep....but the hotel was not responsible of the noise level outside...and nobody in any hotel in the area would have had a good night that night. As they say, join the celebration!

The hotel management is just one of the top when it comes to PLAT recognition and caring. Every single evening you have the Hotel Manager or/and the GM going around the lounge to have a chat with guests to enquire about their stay. These people are fully hands-on and carrying. You don't have that many of them in Asia, in the line with the GM at the Sheraton Sukhumvit.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 7:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by maisondubonheur
SPO3, the night you stay, Vietnam won the Asian Football Cup. They may have had over a million people downtown celebrating it. That kind of celebration, for having lived in Vietnam, is way more noisy than even the New Year Eve. I can understand it's not pleasant not to be able to have a good night sleep....but the hotel was not responsible of the noise level outside...and nobody in any hotel in the area would have had a good night that night. As they say, join the celebration!

The hotel management is just one of the top when it comes to PLAT recognition and caring. Every single evening you have the Hotel Manager or/and the GM going around the lounge to have a chat with guests to enquire about their stay. These people are fully hands-on and carrying. You don't have that many of them in Asia, in the line with the GM at the Sheraton Sukhumvit.
I agree this is a great hotel. However, I completely DISAGREE that there was nothing the hotel could've done about the noise. Could they not have offered ear plugs at a minimum? They should also proactively offered a discount of some sorts given sleep is probably the most important reason people stay there.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 7:16 pm
Community Director Emerita

When I look at December month at a glance, it shows every night available for 17,500 points. But when I choose a specific date, it says no rooms are available for award redemption.

Were sorry. This property is not taking redemption bookings at this time. You can either book a cash reservation or search for another property.

Am I missing something?
Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:28 am

Just got back from a stay as a Plat Elite, was told there was no Deluxe rooms/Grande Suites available despite the marriott site showing availability. The explanation was their internal system is more up to date than the app and website, didn't want to make a fuss but hate being lied to.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
When I look at December month at a glance, it shows every night available for 17,500 points. But when I choose a specific date, it says no rooms are available for award redemption.

Were sorry. This property is not taking redemption bookings at this time. You can either book a cash reservation or search for another property.

Am I missing something?
Getting the same thing for May. Emailed the hotel and they weren't much help.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 5:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by fangtl
Just got back from a stay as a Plat Elite, was told there was no Deluxe rooms/Grande Suites available despite the marriott site showing availability. The explanation was their internal system is more up to date than the app and website, didn't want to make a fuss but hate being lied to.
It might not be a lie. The property system is more accurate than MAR website. Not saying they didn't lie to you, but wouldn't necessarily assume it's a lie as I know some properties that are fully booked w/ particular room types, the Marriott website says there's availability, & then the FDC gets yelled at by the guest. Also, while it might show a suite available the day of your arrival, the suite must be available for every night of your stay. If there's one night of a multi-night stay that it's not available, they'd be correct in saying it's not available.

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Jan 13, 2019 at 8:43 pm
Old Jan 14, 2019, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
It might not be a lie. The property system is more accurate than MAR website. Not saying they didn't lie to you, but wouldn't necessarily assume it's a lie as I know some properties that are fully booked w/ particular room types, the Marriott website says there's availability, & then the FDC gets yelled at by the guest. Also, while it might show a suite available the day of your arrival, the suite must be available for every night of your stay. If there's one night of a multi-night stay that it's not available, they'd be correct in saying it's not available.

Cheers.

Sharon, follow you 100%, I checked the availability as I was being checked in, right in front of the agent. The availability was there online, for the dates I was looking for. I challenged the agent and asked him if I were to book the Deluxe room right then if they'll have the room for me, and all he said was he cannot guarantee it. SPG has been playing charades with elites for years now, so it is what it is.

Similar situation at the W Bangkok, where I stayed at after LM Saigon. However, the agent proactively asked if I would like to move to a bigger room after 1/1 as they were sold out on NYE.
zzap likes this.

Last edited by fangtl; Jan 14, 2019 at 5:56 am
Old Jan 23, 2019, 1:32 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Marriott LtP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
I stayed there in November. I actually liked the lounge and what they were offering. The pool deck was cool and they serve drinks there and you can take a cigar and take in the view. I really liked the hotel and my friends stayed at the Pullman and they preferred the Le Meridien. I did not get upgraded although they put me on the top floor (22) with a northern view.

Welcome gift for Plat Premier

View to the North on the pool deck

View from the lounge
imverge and margarita girl like this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 8:06 am

After trying to book a 7 night award stay in early October and getting the message that the hotel was not accepting redemption bookings... I reached out to my Ambassador and they were able to secure the 7 nights.

I'm happy with the outcome because I needed to use my 7 night 1-4 cat. partial travel package that was converted from the legacy travel package.
margarita girl likes this.

Last edited by imverge; Jan 23, 2019 at 8:08 am Reason: added dates
Old Jan 30, 2019, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I stayed here for 2 nights recently and was upgraded to a beautiful corner suite overlooking the river (with loads of garbage floating by). At check-in, I was offered a choice of 1000 welcome pts or breakfast in the restaurant or gift. I decided to take the points and have breakfast in the lounge since I really only had one day for a leisurely breakfast. They had made to order eggs in the lounge. I found some of the prepared food (potatoes, baked tomatoes) to be cold.

The evening service and the spread in the lounge was very good. The chef made some dishes just for me due to dietary restrictions. Everything was delicious. I wish they had a dress code however. Some people were in there wearing gym shorts.

I did not get a welcome gift in my room.

I took a taxi from the airport. I had researched the fare on rome2rio which indicated US$6-8. As luck would have it, I ended up with a crooked driver even though he was using a meter. I was shocked to see the meter rapidly climbing and by the time we got to the hotel, it was 760 VND (US$33)! My plan was to let the bellmen at the hotel deal with the driver, but he conveniently missed the hotel entrance and wanted me to get out at the street. I refused and kept saying "take me to the hotel" even though we were right in front. Since I refused to budge, he started dropping his price to 250, 200 and finally 150 at which point I offered him 100 VND. He insisted on 150 VND which I paid since I knew it was the right price (US$6) even though I really wanted to punish him.

If you want to avoid taxi rip off, make sure you use Vinasun or Grab.
imverge and ftrichard like this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 5:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by margarita girl
SNIP
I took a taxi from the airport. I had researched the fare on rome2rio which indicated US$6-8. As luck would have it, I ended up with a crooked driver even though he was using a meter. I was shocked to see the meter rapidly climbing and by the time we got to the hotel, it was 760 VND (US$33)! My plan was to let the bellmen at the hotel deal with the driver, but he conveniently missed the hotel entrance and wanted me to get out at the street. I refused and kept saying "take me to the hotel" even though we were right in front. Since I refused to budge, he started dropping his price to 250, 200 and finally 150 at which point I offered him 100 VND. He insisted on 150 VND which I paid since I knew it was the right price (US$6) even though I really wanted to punish him.
SNIP
Off topic but this made me laugh. I had a similar experience with a taxi from Hanoi airport where he tried to agree a high fixed price and claim the meter was broken. I've been to Hanoi numerous times. I had a meltdown in the back of his car and acted wild and dangerous and insisted he drive back to the airport. He got on his phone and then did a u-turn and took me back. To his chagrin. Despite the difficulty hooking up with Grab drivers at airports, it's by far and away the most straightforward way of getting into town.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 8:38 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Originally Posted by imverge
After trying to book a 7 night award stay in early October and getting the message that the hotel was not accepting redemption bookings... I reached out to my Ambassador and they were able to secure the 7 nights.

I'm happy with the outcome because I needed to use my 7 night 1-4 cat. partial travel package that was converted from the legacy travel package.
I'm in a similar situation though no longer have an ambassador to help with issues like this. I have an award reservation I made pre-program merger. I've been trying to shorten my stay (same check-in date), but the "not currently accepting award reservations" message is making life difficult. Couldn't fix online so I called. Friendly agent, but he couldn't do anything so he e-mailed the property directly. Now, we wait and hold tight. I think that was Arne's advice, right?
Old Jan 30, 2019, 10:29 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by margarita girl
If you want to avoid taxi rip off, make sure you use Vinasun or Grab.
Or book Song Viet at SGN at a fixed fare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.