FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Meridien Saigon, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam [Master Thread]
Old Dec 30, 2018, 7:41 pm
SP03

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by maisondubonheur
SPO3, the night you stay, Vietnam won the Asian Football Cup. They may have had over a million people downtown celebrating it. That kind of celebration, for having lived in Vietnam, is way more noisy than even the New Year Eve. I can understand it's not pleasant not to be able to have a good night sleep....but the hotel was not responsible of the noise level outside...and nobody in any hotel in the area would have had a good night that night. As they say, join the celebration!

The hotel management is just one of the top when it comes to PLAT recognition and caring. Every single evening you have the Hotel Manager or/and the GM going around the lounge to have a chat with guests to enquire about their stay. These people are fully hands-on and carrying. You don't have that many of them in Asia, in the line with the GM at the Sheraton Sukhumvit.
I agree this is a great hotel. However, I completely DISAGREE that there was nothing the hotel could've done about the noise. Could they not have offered ear plugs at a minimum? They should also proactively offered a discount of some sorts given sleep is probably the most important reason people stay there.