Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

LNF for newbies (that's Marriott's version of BRG)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LNF for newbies (that's Marriott's version of BRG)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2017, 2:11 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
First time I attempt LNF but got this answer:

"I am denying your claim because I cannot verify that a lower rate is available on the comparison site you submitted.
You can review our terms and conditions here:
http://www.marriott.com/hotel-rates/travel.mi"

What exactly does this mean? I provided the exact URL where I got this rate, so what do they want to "verify" the lower rate?
Old Oct 5, 2017, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by escape4
First time I attempt LNF but got this answer:

"I am denying your claim because I cannot verify that a lower rate is available on the comparison site you submitted.
You can review our terms and conditions here:
http://www.marriott.com/hotel-rates/travel.mi"

What exactly does this mean? I provided the exact URL where I got this rate, so what do they want to "verify" the lower rate?
Your profile lists European airlines. Marriott LNF team is in the USA. Is it possible the URL you used works differently from different countries (in case you're not the USA when you're checking it). There are certainly some travel websites out there which bring up different stuff depending on which country you are access them from. In which case what you see "the simple way" may not be valid, you may have to use a VPN to simulate being in the country where the Marriott LNF team is and seeing the website still brings up the same rates then.

But the other possibility is that you did not explain clearly enough (step by step) in the comments how to find that rate. Perhaps they are using the website in a different way than you did, and thus getting different results? I've seen websites, for example, which gave different results for the same hotel depending on which city you did the search around. If you did the search around city X it gave lower results than if you pulled up the same hotel through a search around City Y next door! That's why I always spell out, step by step, how to do the search for the hotel in the Comment sections of the LNF. I don't think that just listing the URL of the main site is sufficient. (If it's possible to create an always-working link that leads directly to the hotel results, that's even better, but that doesn't work at all sites, and you have to use multiple browsers or incognito/private windows to verify that it really works.)
Old Oct 5, 2017, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Your profile lists European airlines. Marriott LNF team is in the USA. Is it possible the URL you used works differently from different countries (in case you're not the USA when you're checking it). There are certainly some travel websites out there which bring up different stuff depending on which country you are access them from. In which case what you see "the simple way" may not be valid, you may have to use a VPN to simulate being in the country where the Marriott LNF team is and seeing the website still brings up the same rates then.

But the other possibility is that you did not explain clearly enough (step by step) in the comments how to find that rate. Perhaps they are using the website in a different way than you did, and thus getting different results? I've seen websites, for example, which gave different results for the same hotel depending on which city you did the search around. If you did the search around city X it gave lower results than if you pulled up the same hotel through a search around City Y next door! That's why I always spell out, step by step, how to do the search for the hotel in the Comment sections of the LNF. I don't think that just listing the URL of the main site is sufficient. (If it's possible to create an always-working link that leads directly to the hotel results, that's even better, but that doesn't work at all sites, and you have to use multiple browsers or incognito/private windows to verify that it really works.)
Thanks for the feedback! Yes I had provided the exact URL leading to results. But indeed my IP was Europe so I will try a USA VPN instead.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 11:05 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond, SPG Gold
My first LNF got approved.

Marriott hotel name: Courtyard Seoul Times Square
Marriott rate reserved: 777,474 (2 rooms)
Lower rate found or reserved: 686,796

New rate offered: 515,098

Happy with the new rate, esp since its for 2 rooms
Old Oct 6, 2017, 1:04 am
CL9

Programs: MR Platinum, QRPC Platinum
Originally Posted by escape4
... Yes I had provided the exact URL leading to results. ....
Just a hint, they are not allowed to use an exact link to the better rate.

They have to find the rate by there own steps.

So for example, if you provide a link :

www.asdf.com/asdf/result/better-rate.html

they cannot use.

You must provide as following:

Go website www.asdf.com at destination type .... enter date from/to ... click on search..
Old Oct 6, 2017, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by CL9
Just a hint, they are not allowed to use an exact link to the better rate.

They have to find the rate by there own steps.

So for example, if you provide a link :

www.asdf.com/asdf/result/better-rate.html

they cannot use.

You must provide as following:

Go website www.asdf.com at destination type .... enter date from/to ... click on search..
I resubmitted based on your feedback and sdsearch's feedback. My claim was approved; rate down from $195 to $102. Positive experience!

Thank you for your help!
Old Oct 13, 2017, 2:44 am

Programs: Marriott Ti CX SL SQ KFEG
Any idea what's the working hour for LNF team? I actually booked a hotel at around 04xx in Singapore, wondering if the one day free cancel is by 24h? or 2359 at the day? and if it's following a fixed timing, will it be according to Marriott's office wherever it is? Or my place? Cause I'm planning to cancel it if the LNF didn't get through cause the original rate on Marriott is a bit too expensive
Old Oct 13, 2017, 3:42 am
CL9

Programs: MR Platinum, QRPC Platinum
Originally Posted by xexs
... wondering if the one day free cancel is by 24h? or 2359 at the day? ...
It is 24 hours. But if it is a prepaid rate it could happen that the hotel already charged your credit card. Then you have to contact the hotel and tell them they should charge back.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Called Marriott and asked about the 1 day - it's the hotel's local time that counts!
Old Nov 17, 2017, 1:14 pm

Hi all,
Can someone tell me if Marriott will honor a rate that is found on mobile app only? I booked directly through Marriott's website, but a few hours later found a cheaper rate on the Priceline mobile app. But, when I check Priceline website it shows a rate that is higher than what I paid directly through Marriott. Will Marriott honor the cheaper rate that's available ONLY on the Priceline mobile app but not their website? Hope this makes sense...
Old Nov 17, 2017, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by JustDandy
Hi all,
Can someone tell me if Marriott will honor a rate that is found on mobile app only? I booked directly through Marriott's website, but a few hours later found a cheaper rate on the Priceline mobile app. But, when I check Priceline website it shows a rate that is higher than what I paid directly through Marriott. Will Marriott honor the cheaper rate that's available ONLY on the Priceline mobile app but not their website? Hope this makes sense...
File a claim and in the comments section tell them that it is on the Priceline mobile app. Give explicit directions and hope for the best.
I have had approvals where you had to go through kayak first to get to the site. If you went directly it was higher.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 2:14 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
LNF on advance purchase - change in policy?

Not a newbie but first time in this situation: I made a booking at regular rate like I usually do and applied for LNF against much cheaper prepaid rate, much cheaper than prepaid rate on Marriott.com, I mentioned this in my claim. I got rejected with the language below. Previously I have just had the LNF approved and the resulting rate was cancellable.

"If you would like to change your Marriott reservation to an Advance Purchase rate, which requires prepayment and does not allow cancellations or modifications 24 hours after booking, I would be able to approve your claim against the non-refundable rate offer. "

So my question is will my rate remain prepaid or will it be be a cancellable LNF rate if I go forward with their offer?
Old Dec 5, 2017, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by escapefromphl
Not a newbie but first time in this situation: I made a booking at regular rate like I usually do and applied for LNF against much cheaper prepaid rate, much cheaper than prepaid rate on Marriott.com, I mentioned this in my claim. I got rejected with the language below. Previously I have just had the LNF approved and the resulting rate was cancellable.

"If you would like to change your Marriott reservation to an Advance Purchase rate, which requires prepayment and does not allow cancellations or modifications 24 hours after booking, I would be able to approve your claim against the non-refundable rate offer. "

So my question is will my rate remain prepaid or will it be be a cancellable LNF rate if I go forward with their offer?
The rate rule will be the same as the original rate you booked - in your case it would be non-refundable. It's like LNF rate including breakfast, it doesn't mention in your reservation but if the original reservation includes breakfast the new LNF rate also includes breakfast.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 4:01 pm

Marriott introducing a 5000 MR points option instead of the 25% discount. Not sure if it is live yet or how many rooms per claim receive the points. Hopefully at least 3 rooms for a total of 15,000 points.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER
Marriott introducing a 5000 MR points option instead of the 25% discount. Not sure if it is live yet or how many rooms per claim receive the points. Hopefully at least 3 rooms for a total of 15,000 points.
So with 5000 MR points, what rate do you get? The third-party rate with no additional 25% discount, or the original rate you reserved? That could be a big difference. Let's say you reserve at $400 and the third-party rate is $100, it's one thing to lose 25% of $100 which is $25 in savings, but it'd be another thing to lose $325 in savings just to get 5000 points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.