Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

LNF for newbies (that's Marriott's version of BRG)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LNF for newbies (that's Marriott's version of BRG)

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2015, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by flyoff
This is the first time I have looked at the LNF and would appreciate aome advice. I have spotted a hotel in the US which is available through Travelzoo cheaper than Marriott direct. Trying a dummy booking the Travelzoo link takes me to the Marriott website and adds a discount code. The rooms, beds, and anytime cancellation applies if I compare it to a rate I am offered when logged into my Marriott account.

After reading the terms I think this is a valid claim. I believe that if I book the hotel rate first I then need to book the Travelzoo rate as well to be able to claim. Is this correct.
yes, book the Marriott.com rate first. Then make a 2nd booking on Marriott.com using TZO. Then file a claim.
Done it many times, works well, no issues.
Old May 13, 2015, 3:29 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Diamond, Hilton Gold,
Cfischer thank you for the advice. Marriott rejected my initial claim as they said they couldn't verify the rate even though I provided both booking references and price on the claim template.

I replied telling them they had not read the claim correctly. The second response from Marriott didn't look positive as I had used a Marriott member rate. They replaced the rate with a higher standard rate and then agreed they would accept the claim.

Great result but disappointing Marriott didn't read my initial claim correctly and were pedantic on the review.
Old May 14, 2015, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyoff
Cfischer thank you for the advice. Marriott rejected my initial claim as they said they couldn't verify the rate even though I provided both booking references and price on the claim template.

I replied telling them they had not read the claim correctly. The second response from Marriott didn't look positive as I had used a Marriott member rate. They replaced the rate with a higher standard rate and then agreed they would accept the claim.

Great result but disappointing Marriott didn't read my initial claim correctly and were pedantic on the review.
??????

Looks like you booked the wrong rate ... you cannot use Marriott member rates to compare.
They way you make these types of claims is to book both rates with the exact same booking conditions then use the function 'booked on Marriott' and provide the 2nd confirmation number.

This is by far the easiest way to LNF if you book the correct rates and yes, if the TZO rate is refundable then you must book the refundable rate even if they have a lower ADV rate as well.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 6:29 pm

Sorry, since I'm sure this is a repeat question, but is this basically a price match system?

It seems that it's a no brainer to use this since Booking.com is almost always cheaper than Marriott direct. Am I missing something?
Old Aug 31, 2015, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by guruboy
Sorry, since I'm sure this is a repeat question, but is this basically a price match system?

It seems that it's a no brainer to use this since Booking.com is almost always cheaper than Marriott direct. Am I missing something?
I wish Booking.com was always cheaper as it would make it a lot easier. In all my reservations I have only been able to use them once.

With that said, the LNF rate will be 25% less than the competing site. I have found if you can LNF, it beats any code you use on Marriott.com.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 11:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold (1st choice) BW Diamond (2nd)
Originally Posted by guruboy

As long as it's not an advanced purchase I belive. Though I have yet to find a basic room lower than marriott, I have found more expensive rooms such as larger rooms, corner rooms, city view rooms lower on booking.com than marriott

With the 25% off it usually comes out still being lower than the cheapest room on marriott but have a better room type and a higher chance of getting upgraded to an even better room
Old Sep 1, 2015, 8:54 am

LNF claims for Renaissance hotels?

Does one use the standard Marriott LNF form for claims regarding Renaissance hotels? What is the best procedure to follow if there is no response to a claim within the stipulated 24-hour window?
Old Sep 1, 2015, 10:22 am

Thanks for the responses.

I was able to successfully submit two claims for an upcoming trip using [alternate site].

Courtyard Tokyo Station
Nov 22-24, 26-27
Economy Double

Last edited by bdschobel; Sep 4, 2015 at 6:09 pm Reason: removed name of alternate site
Old Sep 4, 2015, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SchrottFly
Does one use the standard Marriott LNF form for claims regarding Renaissance hotels? What is the best procedure to follow if there is no response to a claim within the stipulated 24-hour window?
yes, some form for every hotel covered by the guarantee.
VERY unusual to NOT get a response within 24 hrs. I'd say that is 1/30 for me. I usually wait for 30 hrs then I send an Email ...
Old Sep 12, 2015, 12:28 am

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nacho
I have the same experience with carrotjuice, rates went away after the claim. Some of them even worse - I saw a lower rate, file LNF, got claim denied because they put the price up to match marriott.com.
I know at least one hotel that actually patrols opposing sites multiple times a day to make sure there are no LNF opportunities out there. This is a hotel that was once very LNFable but there were so many that they went on a mission. That same hotel also would treat platinum guests with LNF worse than those paying regular rates (latter got better upgrades). I have not seen an LNF for this property in 6 months.

Generally I've actually seen many Marriotts that used to be good LNF options no longer have them out there. Two years ago this program was invaluable, but properties are getting smarter and more aggressive.

On another note does anyone know if the LNF team works all night? I have never noticed getting responses after 1 a.m. Eastern until the following morning after 8:30 or so. I'm approaching 24 hours for a couple of claims and have yet to hear anything. The claims were submitted at approximately 6 am central and I usually hear back from those later in the day. Now it's half past 2 and I'm still waiting.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 6:03 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by chicaloca453
On another note does anyone know if the LNF team works all night? I have never noticed getting responses after 1 a.m. Eastern until the following morning after 8:30 or so. I'm approaching 24 hours for a couple of claims and have yet to hear anything. The claims were submitted at approximately 6 am central and I usually hear back from those later in the day. Now it's half past 2 and I'm still waiting.
In the past I have received a response from the LNF team at 2am Eastern Time.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I know at least one hotel that actually patrols opposing sites multiple times a day to make sure there are no LNF opportunities out there. This is a hotel that was once very LNFable but there were so many that they went on a mission. That same hotel also would treat platinum guests with LNF worse than those paying regular rates (latter got better upgrades). I have not seen an LNF for this property in 6 months.
Isn't it the hotel itself which puts out rates to third-party sites (directly or indirectly) that end up being LNFable? (If not the hotel, then who?) So isn't it patrolling itself?

Or what do you mean by patrolling? Are they simply making sure there are no lower third-party rates, or are they just making sure that terms or room descriptions are so different that they don't match enough to qualify for LNF?
Old Sep 12, 2015, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG

Generally I've actually seen many Marriotts that used to be good LNF options no longer have them out there. Two years ago this program was invaluable, but properties are getting smarter and more aggressive.

I know 1 too!

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Isn't it the hotel itself which puts out rates to third-party sites (directly or indirectly) that end up being LNFable? (If not the hotel, then who?) So isn't it patrolling itself?

Or what do you mean by patrolling? Are they simply making sure there are no lower third-party rates, or are they just making sure that terms or room descriptions are so different that they don't match enough to qualify for LNF?
Yes they do that, but then they don't want to give you another 25% discount on that rate

I think they had our names in their system, since you have to make a ressie with Marriott before filing, they know you reserve a room there so they can watch you.

This is what happened: Found a lower rate from x.com, made a ressie with Marriott, filed a claim, then the rate disappeared and my claim is denied. This has happened so many times that it's not a coincidence any more.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nacho
I know 1 too!

Yes they do that, but then they don't want to give you another 25% discount on that rate

I think they had our names in their system, since you have to make a ressie with Marriott before filing, they know you reserve a room there so they can watch you.

This is what happened: Found a lower rate from x.com, made a ressie with Marriott, filed a claim, then the rate disappeared and my claim is denied. This has happened so many times that it's not a coincidence any more.
Well, they've been doing this part time for years now. So are you saying they've expanded to 24/7/365? Ie, the workaround used to be to book and file the LNF claim on a Saturday (hotel time), that gives more than 24 hours before the weekday management comes in and does that patrolling. I remember several weekends last year (maybe even early this year?) where I booked and claimed several LNFs for the same hotel, only to have the rate disappear on Monday morning. (And the rate would disappear after any number of weekend LNF bookings I made at that hotel, whether just one or several.)

I also remember a year or two ago when I'd see LNFable rates at some hotels go up like clockwork at 5 pm and disappear like clockwork around 8 am or whenever the following morning, and again only stay up for more than 24 hours over the weekend. This was obviously to discourage LNFing (or even discount rate booking in the first place) by people who are booking from work. (I was in the same time zone as the hotel so I can't say whether it was 5 pm my time or 5 pm the hotel's time.)

I haven't stayed (paid) in Marriott Rewards properties over the summer, due to no promo. This fall I'm simply seeing an unavailability of LNFable rates (at least at all the sites that used to have them) in the areas where I used to get them repeatedly as recently as the first few months of this year. So I've not had a chance to see those rates go away recently, I just don't see them appear in the first place.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Yes, I have done weekday, weekend, morning and night - you name it.

It's more difficult to score Marriott LNFs, and I got some very good deals with Hilton's BRG, especially saving $50 for 1 night stay is a winner.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.